wtf   
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tease

PostPosted: Wed, 08.13.08 4:35 pm    Post subject: wtf Reply with quote

"Crime-ridden Arkansas town expands 24-hour curfew"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080813/ap_on_re_us/arkansas_town_curfew
jeremiah

PostPosted: Wed, 08.13.08 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, the age of innocence was over before they shot jack-or bobby-or mlk- or the kids at kent state
this is barely news worthy
what_is_amusing is your wide eyed innocence in reference to authority
Tdogg

PostPosted: Wed, 08.13.08 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayor James Valley wrote:
The citizens deserve peace, that some infringement on constitutional rights is OK and we have not violated anything as far as the Constitution.

In addition to not even really being coherent, this sentence comes across as contradictory.

Councilman / Local Hack Eugene "Red" Johnson wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, at 3 o'clock in the morning, nobody has any business being on the street, except the law.

As a single young male with a proclivity to binge drinking I will readily admit that nothing good happens after 2 A.M., but I would rather see curfew enforcement from hangovers, broken/lost valuables, and awkward mornings than from a high-school dropout with an M-16.

Wait, I found the solution:

"Look, yes, I have banged hundreds of broads, internationally, but know this: I wrap my rascal two times cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation as a way of punishing supermodels." -- Master Shake
ferrisbueller

PostPosted: Thu, 08.14.08 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Tdogg"]
Mayor James Valley wrote:
The citizens deserve peace, that some infringement on constitutional rights is OK and we have not violated anything as far as the Constitution.

In addition to not even really being coherent, this sentence comes across as contradictory.

I didn't read the article. However, the statement is not contradictory at all. It is a common misconception that the constitution affords the citizens rights and that lawmakers shall make no law "infringing" upon those rights. There are three levels of scrutiny that a court uses when whether or not a law is constitutional/unconstitutional. The levels of scrutiny with which the law is scrutinized are strict, middle, and rational basis. For example, a state makes a law prohibiting yelling "fire" in a crowded theater when no fire actually exists. A court would look at the ordinance and determine what right is being infringed by the ordinance, which would be free speech. This is a fundamental right, which is the highest kind, so the ordinance would be looked at by the court with strict scrutiny. This means that the court would look to see if a compelling interest existed for the ordinance and whether or not that ordinance was narrowly tailored to meet that interest. If the ordinance did not meet the criteria, then the law would be unconstitutional.
evan mcb

PostPosted: Thu, 08.14.08 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tdogg wrote:
As a single young male with a proclivity to binge drinking I will readily admit that nothing good happens after 2 A.M., but I would rather see curfew enforcement from hangovers, broken/lost valuables, and awkward mornings than from a high-school dropout with an M-16.

That sentence was itself just barely coherent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: