advanced search

Username:    Password:   

BS from the B&BP    Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Supafunky



Joined: 07 Apr 2003
Posts: 1085
Location: Bentonville

PostPosted: Mon, 11.09.09 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:
Jody says these things cause he's pussy whipped ... by everyones pussy.


scrumtralescent!

RandomHero wrote:
April sorry women are more flaky... if women weren't more flaky then why is mixed usually 5-2 or in some rare cases 4-3...

why don't you look at the number of guys to girls you asked though... i'm sure you'd find a disproportionate number of guys to girls.


Ha! Ha! Ha! You got your own dumb ass!

RandomHero wrote:
I hurt my foot or I have homework or I need to stay home this weekend are constant excuses from women to not go to tournament while many of our guys on the college mens team will go to tourneys when they have papers/tests monday morning or are suffering from injury...


This statement could be used to contend that "guys on the college mens team" are stupid.

RandomHero wrote:
.... but in the end i'm wrong for tapping on the fish tank... i should have just let you all enjoy playing underwater!!


Now this was legitimately witty and funny which leads me to ask "Who's posting under Casey's name?"
_________________
YOU CAN DO ANYTHING
as long as you have a safe word.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandomHero



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 1479

PostPosted: Tue, 11.10.09 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supafunky wrote:
RandomHero wrote:
Jody says these things cause he's pussy whipped ... by everyones pussy.


scrumtralescent!

RandomHero wrote:
April sorry women are more flaky... if women weren't more flaky then why is mixed usually 5-2 or in some rare cases 4-3...

why don't you look at the number of guys to girls you asked though... i'm sure you'd find a disproportionate number of guys to girls.


Ha! Ha! Ha! You got your own dumb ass!

RandomHero wrote:
I hurt my foot or I have homework or I need to stay home this weekend are constant excuses from women to not go to tournament while many of our guys on the college mens team will go to tourneys when they have papers/tests monday morning or are suffering from injury...


This statement could be used to contend that "guys on the college mens team" are stupid.

RandomHero wrote:
.... but in the end i'm wrong for tapping on the fish tank... i should have just let you all enjoy playing underwater!!


Now this was legitimately witty and funny which leads me to ask "Who's posting under Casey's name?"


Okay yea I kinda got myself but what i mean is that there probably are more men's players than women's but not enough to explain the fact that mixed is 5-2 and there are so many more men's teams at every tournament... i think the low number of women's teams is because of the fact that women are more flaky about ultimate... don't get me wrong the definition of an ultimate player is "flaky" but i'm just saying I think women are more so than men.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ROCOBaller



Joined: 22 Sep 2005
Posts: 2079
Location: your mom's house

PostPosted: Tue, 11.10.09 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvin wrote:
Also, I have heard a female ultimate player or two say that Ultimate girls are especially flakey.


interesting, b/c i've heard a guy or two call you gay....
_________________
i am a princess. meow

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ROCOBaller



Joined: 22 Sep 2005
Posts: 2079
Location: your mom's house

PostPosted: Tue, 11.10.09 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fact that co-ed is 5-2 is b/c there are less female players, and believe it or not, some prefer to NOT play with men.

it might have something to do with the attitude that playing with girls is like playing under water, or that girls can't be a part of the offense, etc., but i can't be completely sure, it's a mystery
_________________
i am a princess. meow

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Elvin



Joined: 17 Apr 2008
Posts: 1246
Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Tue, 11.10.09 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
Elvin wrote:
Also, I have heard a female ultimate player or two say that Ultimate girls are especially flakey.


interesting, b/c i've heard a guy or two call you gay....


I'll give that a 2.5 for effort.
_________________
It's hard to get a table for one at Chucky Cheese when you look like I do....Oh, you're out of that? Then just give me Vice President of Ultimate Frisbee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
RandomHero



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 1479

PostPosted: Tue, 11.10.09 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
the fact that co-ed is 5-2 is b/c there are less female players, and believe it or not, some prefer to NOT play with men.

it might have something to do with the attitude that playing with girls is like playing under water, or that girls can't be a part of the offense, etc., but i can't be completely sure, it's a mystery


Whoa... apey.... don't get me wrong I'm not saying that I hope there are more girl players or that I want to encourage women coming out and playing... you'll most likely never be part of an offense unless you're on a bad mixed team or are a really good at ultimate, i'm just saying your gender is more flaky... none of that is directed at you specifically.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Supafunky



Joined: 07 Apr 2003
Posts: 1085
Location: Bentonville

PostPosted: Tue, 11.10.09 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facts. So interesting when you actually use them. [url]http://www2.upa.org/files/Membership_Trends(web)2009.pdf[/url]

According to this data there were 20,310 men and 9001 females in the UPA in 2008. That is a 2.3 to 1 ratio or 4.6 to 2. Since you can't put 4.6 people on the field, a 5/2 ratio is actually a reasonable reflection of the ratio of available players.
_________________
YOU CAN DO ANYTHING
as long as you have a safe word.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panamaniac



Joined: 13 Feb 2006
Posts: 831

PostPosted: Thu, 11.12.09 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and to think that the best co-ed teams in ultimate are considered the best b/c of their women...pretty ironic
_________________
"Waait! We can't stop here...this is bat country..." HST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jacob



Joined: 13 May 2003
Posts: 1714

PostPosted: Thu, 11.12.09 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panamaniac wrote:
and to think that the best co-ed teams in ultimate are considered the best b/c of their women...pretty ironic

The reason Axis of C'ville went from 3rd at Regionals to winning Nationals in one year is Chase Sparling-Beckley's wife Anna? I guess we'll have to ask Steven.
_________________
Bitches, Leave.
Robocop
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Panamaniac



Joined: 13 Feb 2006
Posts: 831

PostPosted: Fri, 11.13.09 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
Panamaniac wrote:
and to think that the best co-ed teams in ultimate are considered the best b/c of their women...pretty ironic

The reason Axis of C'ville went from 3rd at Regionals to winning Nationals in one year is Chase Sparling-Beckley's wife Anna? I guess we'll have to ask Steven.


omg..did you just get my dumb ass? Chase is a freak of nature, making your argument a pretty good one

Even so, who was on the other end of Chase's throws for points? was it Steven? The upa club championships page shows videos that prove differently. Maybe I'm confusing long haired guys with girls? maybe...just maybe
_________________
"Waait! We can't stop here...this is bat country..." HST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cbrosh



Joined: 16 Apr 2003
Posts: 325
Location: Up there!

PostPosted: Mon, 11.23.09 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to weigh in on this. Well, the flaky conversation anyway:

Women are more flaky than men...end of story.
_________________
Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
Timothy Leary (1920 - 1996)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xaja



Joined: 06 Nov 2004
Posts: 1968

PostPosted: Tue, 11.24.09 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5-2/4-3 has nothing to do with flakiness. It is population based.

In fayetteville, women ultimate players are more flaky than their penised counter parts. April knows this.

For several years, I ran ADA and statistically the number of men who signed up and played was pretty much 100%. I don't have the exact numbers for the women who signed up and never played but I think it was around 15-20%. Perhaps, the WDA was better attended; I don't know since it was separate.

The ADA coed division had better female signup and attendance rates but it was still lower than the men's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Designed by: Powered by: © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group