advanced search

Username:    Password:   

WL awards    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Third Conchord

PostPosted: Wed, 02.17.10 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Ajax. Less is More in this case. They did the same thing with the oscars this year and nominated like 30 movies for best picture thus making being nominated not worth anything.
...but people like funny papers that make them feel special.
How about adding a "traveler" award for most miles logged to and from league? Maybe an award for coolist cell phone? Why not a best cat award? Cats are better then dogs becaues the don't ever get on the fields. Does the EC hate cats? In Tulsa if dogs get on the fields we eat them. Solves three problems at once. Ever had the "brisket" at Solstice?

Better step it up April, Jeffy has the inside track to take that "Most Likely to Play Hungover" away from you this season.

Rosie for best butt in 2010!!!
sebo

PostPosted: Wed, 02.17.10 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are not even participating in league you have no right to comment, especially complain about any league issues. Stop stirring the pot just for your own entertainment.
xaja

PostPosted: Wed, 02.17.10 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh snap! You told me. I concede to your superior debate skills. I won't post my opinion on this "open" forum anymore especially when I want to promote change that won't benefit me directly.
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Wed, 02.17.10 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I voted the cute new tulsa girl (who didnt even play) for girl rookie for summer league and micah who was drunk the whole time for MVP. None of these awards matter that much anyway, so why not give out a bunch.
Supafunky

PostPosted: Wed, 02.17.10 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xaja wrote:
Yeah i also have a butt load of best throwers, smartest moves, and some other dumb topics people have come up with over the years. All of these categories were cheapened by the fact that 20 other people got awards that night. If you just want to give out a bunch of funny papers that's fine, but if you want the awards to be an accomplishment cut the dead weight.

Those of us who have never won any of the hundreds of awards given out over the past 10 leagues they've played in don't care if yours were cheapened.

That being said, i agree that the awards are broken.

Mostly though I mean that there should be a category that I have a chance of winning.
Supafunky

PostPosted: Wed, 02.17.10 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvin wrote:
or best calves

There was a time I could have won this one. I yield that to you now, Evan.
Supafunky

PostPosted: Wed, 02.17.10 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: WL awards Reply with quote

xaja wrote:

Sexiest Butt-a joke. Remember the Rosie campaign for this. "Please vote me for sexiest butt."

DO I! Still brings a smile to my face. Thanks, Rosie.

xaja wrote:
Cutest Dog-dogs shouldn't be encouraged to be at league. this is a people sport and the dogs run the fields now.

YES! I hate your dogs. Even the good ones. I hate the ones that aren't tied up. I hate the ones that are tied up with 20 feet of lead. I hate hearing people whine at their dogs expecting them to change their behavior. I hate the dogs that chew up plastic discs. I hate your dogs.

Who has a dog that they never bring to the fields. That's the cute dog I'll vote for.
Supafunky

PostPosted: Wed, 02.17.10 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
last year the ec decided on those categories and to make them a staple for all leagues....

Seriously. This is an EC level decision? Ok.

ROCOBaller wrote:
if you all want to bitch or change the awards, join the EC and do so.

The only way to affect change in the FDA is by joining the EC? Doesn't the EC REPRESENT those of us not in the EC? How do they do this if they don't listen to us?

ROCOBaller wrote:
league's primary purpose isn't meant to appease club level players

And yet most policies and practices seem to do just that. Hmmm.

ROCOBaller wrote:
and a couple fun ones is very appropriate for FDA leagues

I gree with you here.
Supafunky

PostPosted: Wed, 02.17.10 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwillgoesfast wrote:
ROCOBaller wrote:
...if you all...

I think it's just ajax. I bet most people (keeping in mind the point of winter/summer league) don't care too much and like having more.

I don't care "too much", but I do agree with Ajax.
Supafunky

PostPosted: Wed, 02.17.10 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sebo wrote:
If you are not even participating in league you have no right to comment, especially complain about any league issues. Stop stirring the pot just for your own entertainment.

Ajax has over 1600 posts on this board and he's an alumni of the team this board was built to support, but he has no right to comment?

He's done more for Fayetteville Ultimate than all but a very small number of people (most of whom have him beat because of the massive head start they got).

He wasn't even omplaining so much as offering a suggestion for improvement. People that have treated him like he was bitching or complaining are over-reacting.

I like the fact that we have built a community that people still care about even after they move away. I hope that never changes.

Finally, this has been very entertaining for me. Smile
Katherine

PostPosted: Thu, 02.18.10 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have three dogs we never bring to the fields. Surly's probably the cutest.
jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Thu, 02.18.10 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

should we change it to most behaved/least obtrusive dog award?
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Thu, 02.18.10 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supafunky wrote:
ROCOBaller wrote:
last year the ec decided on those categories and to make them a staple for all leagues....

Seriously. This is an EC level decision? Ok.

ROCOBaller wrote:
if you all want to bitch or change the awards, join the EC and do so.

The only way to affect change in the FDA is by joining the EC? Doesn't the EC REPRESENT those of us not in the EC? How do they do this if they don't listen to us?

ROCOBaller wrote:
league's primary purpose isn't meant to appease club level players

And yet most policies and practices seem to do just that. Hmmm.

ROCOBaller wrote:
and a couple fun ones is very appropriate for FDA leagues

I gree with you here.

you think awards would happen if the EC didn't run them??? the decision to make them a staple was based on the idea that eventually people would know what all the categories are in advance and would be able to better vote for players.

and you see what happens when fda doesn't appease the club players, people complain that awards are silly and dumb and cheapened

also, last year, i proposed instead of a random ballot, each team nominate a player in each category and then each individual would only have to pick 1 out of 12 when they did the voting. you could allow for write ins if people didn't think that was fair, but then it also keeps people from doing what hallmark did when he voted. it would make the voting and tallying faster, and it would make people probably see all the choices they should be choosing from and it would help jog the memory or keep people from not getting voted for b/c others didn't know their name. plus if the team decided to put that player on the ballot, they probably are the best choice for that team. one of the problems i see with this method is just everyone voting for the players their team nominated, but that might not be the case and i think it's a better method than the current one.

and, has anyone seen matty j's calves? and if you want to run for sexiest butt category, i say everyone should all start wearing spandex only to league from this point out and start bending over to tie those cleats.

finally, my dog is precious and loves you all even though you hate him.

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
slimjimkin

PostPosted: Thu, 02.18.10 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to point out that Winston is a good boy and is pretty freakin handsome.

As for the awards. I think that along with the pieces of paper proving to the world you have the sexiest butt, everyone should get one of those yellow participation ribbons because we all are winners.
BOOBY SAUCE

PostPosted: Thu, 02.18.10 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, I hate Jody. Even when he's good. I hate him when he's tied up, I hate when he's not tied up. I hate hearing Jody whine about other peoples dogs, expecting them to change their behavior. I hate people who can't keep track of their plastic when at the fields. I hate Jody.

When Jody does'nt show up to the fields, he's my MVP to vote for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: