advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Things I might need for Europe that you'll let me borrow?    Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kdoe

PostPosted: Sat, 03.20.10 7:55 pm    Post subject: Things I might need for Europe that you'll let me borrow? Reply with quote

Hey guys, most people know but if you don't, I'll be traveling Europe for 5 or so months.

I'm making a list of things to take and people keep telling me I need to take pictures...but i have no camera, and don't ever see needing a camera past this trip, so therefore I'd prefer to borrow one instead of buying one. If you have a spare digital camera that is fairly small that you don't ever use, I'd love to borrow it, but if not does anyone have suggestions on the best cheap digital camera to buy?

Also, if you have suggestions for anything else I should have let me know.

thanks.
Champagne

PostPosted: Sat, 03.20.10 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are you going, and will you be there around Christmas time??? I"m planning on being in England about a month before hand.

-Faded, oh so faded. Like a memory gone, there's no recollection. - Ben Harper
-Friendship is like pissing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.
evan mcb

PostPosted: Sun, 03.21.10 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about every time you want a picture you just stop a stranger and get them to use their camera, then get them to email it to you?
jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Sun, 03.21.10 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd offer mine, but it is on its last leg and probably wouldnt last.

but i can offer cheap options, here is a good deal at $90 link

here is a good site to find other deals as well: deals2buy.com

also, don't forget pictures of you home, family, friends, dogs to show your new friends...the new friends you meet there may be the most memorable part.

you will also want a good mp3 player with plenty of music and some audio books for all the long trips. i'd suggest the library to stock up on some audio books.
jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Sun, 03.21.10 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you don't have an mp3 player, it would probably be a good idea to get an ipod touch, then you can use the apps and check your email or the message boards when you find a random pub or whathaveyou with wifi. you can probably find one on ebay for a little over $100.

if you want a cheaper one, this is the best $25 mp3 player

or this one is a good inbetween: link

$40 camera
Third Conchord

PostPosted: Mon, 03.22.10 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a fairly nice yet older Olympus digital camera you can take with you on your quest. The key thing about this one is that it runs on AA batteries so you won't have to worry about trying to plug in a charger to some foreign plug configuration. I would like pictures of three specific items you encounter on your trip in return: typical beer selections at a european store, examples of the local wildlife and a rope swing you either find or build.
Will be in town this wknd. When do u fly out?
kdoe

PostPosted: Mon, 03.22.10 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm set on the digital camera front....thanks for all your help. I'm trying to track down an ipod touch at this point...hopefully my rich friends at work have spare one's lying around. I think I'm about set. I have been looking around for a small 1-2 person tent to borrow if anyone is so inclined...all i have in return is a 4 man so it would suck if you go backpacking over the summer...which you probably would if you have a 2 person tent.

Anyone else have any sound advice or requests before I leave?
kdoe

PostPosted: Tue, 03.23.10 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I could use a travel adapter as well...but I'm sure I could go pick one up tomorrow if I need to.
Tdogg

PostPosted: Tue, 03.23.10 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are fine with spending ridiculous amounts of money on food, booze, and entertainment, yet you seem to posses an aversion to durable goods. I am certain that you will spend > $200 in one day on multiple occasions on your trip, but you are unwilling to pay ~$200 for something (e.g. ipod, tent, digital camera) that you will use nearly every single day of your trip. I find this behavior to be rather peculiar. Please explain.
"Look, yes, I have banged hundreds of broads, internationally, but know this: I wrap my rascal two times cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation as a way of punishing supermodels." -- Master Shake
kdoe

PostPosted: Tue, 03.23.10 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree with you on many of your points and a couple hundred dollars doesn't seem like it should really matter, especially for something I will use a lot. I would say I never try to spend ridiculous amounts of money on food or even entertainment normally.

I think I'm good on a tent. Thanks everyone. T-minus 28 hours.

On a side note...I am going to try to make it out to the bars or somewhere tonight if I can accomplish my to-do list.

I also need some help moving some things around at my house. Probably trying to get started around 1:00, if you think you'd be free and could help...call me.

Thanks.
brown

PostPosted: Tue, 03.23.10 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Coral, and see you when you get back!
P.S. Don't forget nail clippers.
Third Conchord

PostPosted: Tue, 03.23.10 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I also need some help moving some things around at my house. Probably trying to get started around 1:00, if you think you'd be free and could help...call me."

Wow, This is right up Brosh's alley you should give him a call and invite him over.

Please let someone know how to locate the 5 gallon water jugs to use for tourneys, and port-a-fields, and keg taps, and hoses, and shade shelters, and leave the keys to your truck.
Third Conchord

PostPosted: Tue, 03.23.10 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and cones.
Rohde

PostPosted: Tue, 03.23.10 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is your truck just going to be setting around while you're away? I need to move some large objects around if your just going to leave the keys in it...
sebo

PostPosted: Wed, 03.24.10 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way, does anyone have a converter that I can borrow? (I will only be there for a week and a half so it would get back to you relatively soon).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: