advanced search

Username:    Password:   

2010 Southern Regionals ~ Austin Oct 2-3   
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joyness

PostPosted: Tue, 06.15.10 4:05 pm    Post subject: 2010 Southern Regionals ~ Austin Oct 2-3 Reply with quote

From Mixed RC Hugh ~

South Sectional Coordinators,

I'm writing to let you know that South Regionals will be in Austin, TX, on October 2-3, 2010. We received quality bids from both Arkansas and Florida but were unable to make either option work. The Florida bid brought Regionals too far East after our trip to Atlanta last year, and Regional staff presence would not have been at an acceptable level in Arkansas on the date they had available, especially with new RC's in both the Open and Women's Division. I want to extend my personal thanks to both Arkansas and Florida for putting together excellent bids.

Beginning this year, South RC's will be changing the Regionals bid process to coordinate awarding a Regionals location NO LESS than 1 full year in advance. That means we are accepting bids all summer for Regionals 2011, with the goal to announce the 2011 location at Regionals 2010. We hope this change in timing will allow more flexibility and advance planning for all parties involved with this event. I will pass along the eligible dates ASAP and I encourage you to spread the word among the teams in your section to consider submitting bids for 2011.

Thank you for your time and for your support Ultimate in the South Region. I look forward to seeing you in October. If you haven't begun to think about your Sectionals event, it's never too early. Communiciate with your fellow SC's in other divisions and lock something in as soon as possible.

Regards.
Hugh
South Mixed RC
Jacob

PostPosted: Tue, 06.15.10 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 2010 Southern Regionals ~ Austin Oct 2-3 Reply with quote

joyness wrote:
Regional staff presence would not have been at an acceptable level in Arkansas on the date

This a very peculiar reason to give. I must have missed all the helpful volunteers in Atlanta last year.

I hope Austin actually has the fields for this tournament. They received the bid for South College Regionals this year and later had to admit they may not have the fields. After Kharl secured fields in Tulsa, it was announced Regionals would be in Austin.

Regionals 08 in Austin they did not have enough fields and team were forced to play from 730PM-930PM Saturday night, then 730AM Sunday morning.

I'm sure they had a great reason to award another regionals bid to Austin.
turk

PostPosted: Wed, 06.16.10 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin must not have offered up the information that for college regionals this year there were pitchers mounds and metal plates in the middle of our fields and huge dips that created several injuries. I guess USAU must not have taken into consideration that the fields at Burns Park are awesome, Little Rock is a much more central location, and obviously there is enough help available since there was no problem finding enough volunteers to make college regionals last year in Little Rock a success.
joyness

PostPosted: Wed, 06.16.10 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your concerns to be heard by the people that made the decision, please send your input to your REGIONAL and SECTIONAL COORDINATORS, and for that matter send it to ALL of the SOUTH RC's and SC's. They won't see it here or on RSD.

I am very disappointed as well, since Atlanta was a total mess in 2009 and I heard several times from the Masters and Mixed RC's that Little Rock would get it in 2010 ... however since soccer rules the world and Burn's was booked for the first weekend in October, the second weekend bid was declined.
However, I have no idea what was included in Karlita's bid to host. Providing full disclosure as to amenities, staff, and other 'detailed' information is crucial to persuade the uncooperative types in FL, TX, GA, LA, MS, & AL.

The bids to host 2011 are now being accepted, with plans to announce at Regionals 2010 .... Go LITTLE ROCK!!!
Jacob

PostPosted: Wed, 06.16.10 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin is so well-staffed that former Texas coach Allen got to observe the TX-OU game at Regionals.
ferrisbueller

PostPosted: Wed, 06.16.10 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
Austin is so well-staffed that former Texas coach Allen got to observe the TX-OU game at Regionals.

I'm sensing sarcasm, no?
joyness

PostPosted: Wed, 06.16.10 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!!!
bueller lives Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: