advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Help Housing Harvest Players    Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oddjobette

PostPosted: Wed, 10.06.10 8:51 pm    Post subject: Help Housing Harvest Players Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

We need help housing players for Harvest. I know some of you have already agreed to house people you know, and I have not included those arrangements in the housing-needs calculation. Here's who needs housing:

Kansas Women's - 25-30 girls
Mizzou Women's - 20 girls (They requested Whitney).
Rice University Women's - 20 girls
Springfield Women's - 20 girls
Springfield College Open - 20 guys
Texas A&M Women's - 20 girls
Truman State Women's - 25 girls
Tulsa University College Open - 25 guys

Holler if you want to host and tell me how many you can manage. Post a reply or email me at samanthaleflar@gmail.com.

Last edited by oddjobette on Wed, 10.06.10 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
RyanVR

PostPosted: Wed, 10.06.10 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking the girl to guy ratio.
RandomHero

PostPosted: Thu, 10.07.10 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Help Housing Harvest Players Reply with quote

oddjobette wrote:
Hey everyone!

We need help housing players for Harvest. I know some of you have already agreed to house people you know, and I have not included those arrangements in the housing-needs calculation. Here's who needs housing:

Kansas Women's - 25-30 girls
Mizzou Women's - 20 girls (They requested Whitney).
Rice University Women's - 20 girls
Springfield Women's - 20 girls
Springfield College Open - 20 guys
Texas A&M Women's - 20 girls
Truman State Women's - 25 girls
Tulsa University College Open - 25 guys

Holler if you want to host and tell me how many you can manage. Post a reply or email me at samanthaleflar@gmail.com.

I would think that if the FDA wasn't retarded that they would try to contact the person who did housing for the last three years to do it again or at least input his/her opinion/information on it, I mean that would be only logical right.
Kearney

PostPosted: Thu, 10.07.10 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty and I can probably house a squad split between our two apartments. Theyre less than half a block apart. I'll talk to him.
whitney

PostPosted: Thu, 10.07.10 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kearney wrote:
Matty and I can probably house a squad split between our two apartments. They're less than half a block apart. I'll talk to him.

you should split the Mizzou girls, cause I can't take them but you're my neighbors so that's almost as good
Monster

PostPosted: Thu, 10.07.10 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Housing Harvest Players Reply with quote

i think you hurt casey's feelings.
oddjobette

PostPosted: Wed, 10.13.10 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we had a counseling session, some mediation, and hugged it out. There was some serious crying, but now we're good.
JHess

PostPosted: Thu, 10.14.10 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddjobette wrote:
Yeah, we had a counseling session, some mediation, and hugged it out. There was some serious crying, but now we're good.

That sounds like a typical day in the wharehouse with casey.

Ari
joyness

PostPosted: Fri, 10.22.10 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would there need to be housing provided when there is no Razorback game filling the hotels?
RandomHero

PostPosted: Fri, 10.22.10 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joyness wrote:
Why would there need to be housing provided when there is no Razorback game filling the hotels?

are you dumb? have you never gone to a tournament and stayed with someone?

it's sad that i have to answer this question but housing players at harvest not only gives the houser a unique chance to get to know a whole team of players it also ensures that people will come back to harvest seeing as we charge a shit load for entry fee i'm sure it would help to have some free housing as well housing these college teams helps ensure that OUR college program can get housing at tournaments they travel to saving them much needed money... which in turn helps grow the program and ultimate in this community.

good enough?
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Sat, 10.23.10 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:
joyness wrote:

are you dumb? have you never gone to a tournament and stayed with someone?

it's sad that i have to answer this question but housing players at harvest not only gives the houser a unique chance to get to know a whole team of players it also ensures that people will come back to harvest seeing as we charge a shit load for entry fee i'm sure it would help to have some free housing as well housing these college teams helps ensure that OUR college program can get housing at tournaments they travel to saving them much needed money... which in turn helps grow the program and ultimate in this community.

good enough?

??
rachel_lea21

PostPosted: Sun, 10.24.10 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was dumb that you had to say it. as if joy didn't know. right. she's just saying that housing 200 people is perhaps a big task.
RandomHero

PostPosted: Sun, 10.24.10 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rachel_lea21 wrote:
it was dumb that you had to say it. as if joy (i love to fluff) didn't know. right. she's just saying that housing 200 people is perhaps a big task.

it's not that big of a deal since we do it every year... and yes it was dumb that I HAD to say it... because she shouldn't have asked and then you trying to defend what she asked is even dumber. Congrats you just one up'd Joy.

oh yea and since neither of you have done housing (or at least not the past 5 years) then why complain... it's not even your job.
eeville

PostPosted: Sun, 10.24.10 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:
rachel_lea21 wrote:
it was dumb that you had to say it. as if joy (i love to fluff) (i love to fluff) didn't know. right. she's just saying that housing 200 people is perhaps a big task.

it's not that big of a deal since we do it every year... and yes it was dumb that I HAD to say it... because she shouldn't have asked and then you trying to defend what she asked is even dumber. Congrats you just one up'd joy (i love to fluff).

oh yea and since neither of you have done housing (or at least not the past 5 years) then why complain... it's not even your job.

For the record, we always have people staying at our home during Harvest Moon. It's usually not one of the teams listed, but we still provide accommodations for individuals coming in that have asked to stay with us. They know where our house is and that the hot tub works. So before you go off saying we haven't done housing in the past five years, check your facts.
I think Joy's point was, one of the reasons to have Harvest in November was so hotels would be open. Space would be available and close. Not saying that staying at someone's house is a bad thing; I agree it does support camaraderie within our sport. We need as much of that as possible. But in today's culture, you should expect to pay for hotels. Tourney fees are expensive; even when you go to ones that don't have water at your crappy 45 degree concrete laden mudholes. But that's the way it is.
I don't think our tourney fees are too much for what we provide. And we've never run out of beer at the party.

Too those reading this that aren't Casey, if you can help house someone from out of town, try to. But lock up all your good #$%&. And make sure they meet some high school / college kids, it will help out in the long run.

By the way, we have folks stay at the house when they come to the DG tourney, too. But that's another thread.

Knowledge is power.
Just for the record.
Champagne

PostPosted: Mon, 10.25.10 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That hot tub has a lot of good memories floating in it... Laughing

-Faded, oh so faded. Like a memory gone, there's no recollection. - Ben Harper
-Friendship is like pissing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: