advanced search

Username:    Password:   

2011 Winter League Teams, Predictions, and Updates Thread    Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaseyK

PostPosted: Sun, 01.02.11 7:35 pm    Post subject: 2011 Winter League Teams, Predictions, and Updates Thread Reply with quote

2011 Winter League Teams

Sadieé─˘s Team - Black
Kyle Detring
Caroline Dockery
Jessica Hoppe
Casey Kleinhenz
Colton Sinyard
James Butler
Jon Caldwell
Luke Dockery
Ryan Billingsley
Sadie Callison
Andrew Boatwright
michael pollard
Steven Tucker

Jon Millsé─˘ Team - Blue
Gary Ritter
Josh McGee
kaplan maurer
Grace Goetting
Renata Shelton
Steph Wong
Aaron Hopwood
Abe Gambert
Eric Olson
Ashley Kupillas
Jon Mills
Kevin Henley
Micah Herrington
Stuart Allgood

Terrellé─˘s Team - Green
Ian Shaffer
John Bagley
Janna Perry-Holloway
Kim Zoldak
Stevie Bown
Chris Passmore
Jordan English
Matt Seaton
Terrell Hoagland
Chris Brosh
Evan Hallmark
Jeff Koontz
Kane Bittner

Lorenzoé─˘s Team - Kiwi
Brian McFarland
Garrett O'Brien
Dustin Kessler
Libby Eubanks
Lydia Campbell
Maryann McAndrew
Shannon Quintanilla
Jesse Griffith
Lorenzo Bohl
Sam Borgstadt
Taylor Stamps
Justin Adams
Kevin Jones
Ned Vasluski

Crissy Bobbitté─˘s Team é─ý Light Blue
Ethan Inlander
John Bailey
Crissy Bobbitt
Allen Greenlief
Cody McGuire
Dan Evans
Jeremiah Thacker
Alison Hopkins
Paige Himmler
Drew Fitzgerald
Jon Champagne
Rich Connell
Loretta Radeke
Doug Behrend

Levi Finné─˘s Team - Orange
Conner Stevens
Sam McLemore
Courtney Walbe
Sarah Bown
Blake Peacock
Casey Hooper
Clay Mohr
Clayton Adams
Levi Finn
Logan Miller
Lauren Griffith
Jacob Perry
Joel Skinner
Sarah Behrend-Wilcox

Cumbargeé─˘s Team - Pink
Ross Fondren
April Johnson
Desiree Ashworth
Lorelei Bakaric
Cameron Umbarger
Cody Canup
Dylan Holland
Jacob White
Lukas Malone
Meghan Lewis
Earl Evans
Joe Garret
Joe Delnero
Justin Leflar

Wayneé─˘s Team - Purple
Bob Lee
Lance Coleman
Devon Arredondo
Rachael Pelligrino
Whitney Koenigseder
Alex Kreps
Bradley Erickson
Joe Sagan
Joe Sagan
Matt Kern
Nick Welch-Bolen
Amy Lee
Wayne Ramsey
Britni Williams

Vikkié─˘s Team - Red
Cris Stewart
John Schmuecker
Joe Bell
Katherine Thacker
Austin Culp
Brandon Spurlock
Stephen Counce
Laurel Pastor
Vikki Lyda
billy lorton
Charles Wright
Eric Kearney
Jones Clemons

Tobyé─˘s Team - Sand
Bob Walsh
Andrea Kleinhenz
Erin Moskos
Helen Ames
Abe Coffin
Anthony Haskins
Daniel Smith
ivan landrum
Jon Bitler
Michael Vann
Toby Von Rembow
Tim Engel
Charlie Luu

J Willé─˘s Team - White
Ryan Lowe
Elizabeth Spradley
Laura McDonald
Molly Grear
Alex McEachin
Chris Bryan
Matt Jackson
david marfas
Dustin Harder
Jeffrey Rehm
Jeremy Williams
Jody Ayers
Mike Matos

Michaelé─˘s Team - Yellow
Jonathan Strain
Andrew Lentz
Bryan Schroeder
Courtney Clark
Emily Shields
Lauren Pavlik
Jason Ketchum
justin edwards
Mike Sola
Lindsey Hamm
Cory Duncan
Michael McLaughlin
Patrick Benham
Steven Rice
RandomHero

PostPosted: Sun, 01.02.11 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yawn. boring league.
Supafunky

PostPosted: Sun, 01.02.11 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 4 (not in order):

J-Will, Vikki, Jon Mills, Terrell

Next 4:

Wayne, Levi, Michael,

Now I'm bored with predictions, but I'm excited about league!
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Mon, 01.03.11 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say Levi Finn's team looks pretty tought to beat
jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Mon, 01.03.11 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, but per usual, it ALL depends on who shows up (and sometimes even more so who doesn't)

top 4 (not in order)

jwill, Vikki, Terrell, Michael

also, unfortunately, it is looking like there will be a pretty large supplemental population, that could change things in a hurry.

week 1, t-minus 6 days...
RandomHero

PostPosted: Mon, 01.03.11 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how'd the first round draft order go?

that's all i even care about with leagues anymore, hahaha
CaseyK

PostPosted: Mon, 01.03.11 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 4: J-Will, Terrell, Vikki, Michael

Predictions:

Sadieé─˘s Team - Black
I want this team to do well, but I think they lack the fire and handling ability to rise up to the top tier of league. Luke, Hoppe, CaseyK and Boatwright will work the disc OK, but who is going to make the breaks that really open up the field? Tuck, and DTrain make a viable deep game, but who is going to huck to them? With Sadie injured and Hoppe in OK City lady attendance could become an issue. Looks like Caroline gets a lot of pt. Key to Victory: Sadie heals quickly; whips her team of middles into playmakers; and makes lots of questionable foul calls.

Jon Millsé─˘ Team - Blue
This team will have the strategic, conservative playing style that wins games in foul winter weather. Hopwood will dominate on offense, but Jon Mills, Micah and Gary will provide more pairs of confident hands upfield . . . é─˙AND STEPH JUST JACKED IT - Micah wasné─˘t even looking and the disc sails out the back of the endzoneé─¨. . . Seriously, McGee comes up with great defensive strategies and heé─˘ll also recognize the importance of sticking to a conservative offense . . . é─˙AND HE LAUNCHES A HUGE BACKHAND, oh it lands 20 feet past Hopwood . . .é─¨ Look for a breakthrough season for Abe Gambert and Kevin Henley.

Terrellé─˘s Team - Green
Ballerz. But attendance? Theyé─˘ll be in the finals of the tourney. I anticipate some ups and downs during league. I still like the Matt Seaton to Jordan connection when Tulsa and Brosh doné─˘t show up. 99% probability: The doors are open and the music is playing.

Lorenzoé─˘s Team - Kiwi
I wish I could say more about this team, but I really doné─˘t know a lot of the players. Jesse Griffith is billed as a JBU ringer, maybe a lot of the others are as well. Multiple college ladies should guarantee good attendance after winter break is over . . . is a week 1 forfeit in the making? One of the players needs to someone who takes charge of the disc or this teamé─˘s only scoring play is going to be an X-man break-side hammer. Strengths: JBU ringers é─ý at least I assume so. Weaknesses: Bustiné─˘s groin

Crissy Bobbitté─˘s Team é─ý Light Blue
Muahahaah, Fools! Crissy spent her hiatus from ultimate developing time travel and all players on her team traveled back to when they were in the prime of their ultimate careers. Also, Champagne has secretly spent the last 9 months in training at a Whare-tū-taua on Mokoia Island. He spends 8 hours a day honing his Mau rākau skills and 4 hours a day throwing orphans. Highlight: Witnessing another season of Cody McGuire maturing as an ultimate player is like watching Full House minus him having a twin and 90% of the male population wondering when heé─˘ll be é─˙legal.é─¨

Congrats to Levi for engineering the least volatile CaseyBoy/Jacob team ever. Logan, Courtney, Clay and Joel make a solid supporting cast. I want this team to be in the top tier of league, but I doné─˘t know if Boy can carry them that far. 99% probability: The ladies and high schoolers get tired of being looked off and turn on Jacob and Casey mid play. Jacob still gets his forehand off.

Cumbargeé─˘s Team - Pink
This team will be solid on defense, but Ié─˘m not sure who is going to take control of the disc. Earl can play anywhere but it is better to have him upfield. Maybe Dylan, Lorelai and Leflar? Jacob White and April will be hard to stop, but the key player on this team is going to Cumbarge. At pickup it looks like he is ready to take his game to the next level é─ý if he can do that then this team will win a lot more games. 99% Probability: Someone decides the team name should be é─˙Aprilé─˘s Pretty Pink Princess Extravaganzaé─¨

Wayneé─˘s Team - Purple
This is another team that has all the pieces, they just need to put them in place. I like the Bob, Lance, Wayne reunion. Throw in Brad Erickson, Amy Lee, and weather conditions that will slow down younger teams and these are some good looking grand masters. Nick WB is one of the best players around, but he has seemed a little disengaged recently and I doné─˘t know if Wayne can light a fire under him. Will Kern show up? Highlight: Devon takes on Jordan and Joe Bell in the League Olympics fastest man competition.

Vikkié─˘s Team - Red
It doesné─˘t matter that Jones may only make a couple games, this team looks solid without him. I especially like Joe Bell, Kat, and Kearney up-field. The big question is: can the handles: (Schmuecker, Vikki, and . . . Charles Wright/Stephen Counce?) keep pace with them? There is no doubt this team will do well in the tourney, in league they should be good if they leave the tough throws to Schmuecker. 99% Probability: Team meetings are held at West Mountain.

Tobyé─˘s Team - Sand
I love this team because it has the potential to be either dominant or self-destructive. Toby, Charlie, and Abe are some of the quickest players in league. They could march a dominator offense into the endzone every point. But, their (and Daniel and Tim) desire to look for the endzone is going to be constantly working against them. Ivan and Bob are pretty big, but there are going to be a lot of low percentage shots that they cané─˘t get. I would run zone on this team. Keys to Victory: The ladies need to hold their own on defense. The boys need to stick to the high percentage throws and doné─˘t drop the disc.

J Willé─˘s Team - White
J Will, Jody and McEachin will move and value the disc. Matty J, Matos, and Jeff Rehm are great targets. The ladies are strong. I really cané─˘t come up with anything questionable to say about this team. Damn you J Will. 99% Probability: At some point this team will be down at half and Jody will unleash weeks of pent up pep talk.

Michaelé─˘s Team - Yellow
Oh Steven Rice, must you be given another opportunity to extend your Fayetteville league winning streak? McLauglin and Edwards will be solid. Dunkamonk has decided to be an ulti player again. J Strain is improving quickly and if anyone can coach Pat back into the player he was at UA its Steven.
The deep game could be a weakness. I would zone or junkyard to try and force some d-able hucks. Key to Victory: Surprise! All the ladies on this team are studs too.
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Mon, 01.03.11 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaseyK wrote:

99% Probability: Someone decides the team name should be é─˙Aprilé─˘s Pretty Pink Princess Extravaganzaé─¨

this makes me extremely happy. you can change that to 100%!

and i think an earl to joe garrett combo is worth mentioning if joe makes it out

i predict a jwill or michael vs terrell finals if the tulsa people make it over and jeff keeps on his non-drinking streak

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Mon, 01.03.11 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
whips her team of middles into playmakers;

That comment made me laugh

Quote:
Darn you J Will

Smile

Quote:
99% Probability: At some point this team will be down at half and Jody will unleash weeks of pent up pep talk.

IMO the most valuable skill you can have in ultimate...
Monster

PostPosted: Mon, 01.03.11 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did the captains have to draft themselves?

I'm trying to reverse engineer this draft.
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Mon, 01.03.11 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jwill, Jon Mills, Toby, Terrell, Lorenzo - 3rd round

Me and Wayne - 4th round

Levi Finn - 6th round

we all agreed on that
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Mon, 01.03.11 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael - 3rd
Third Conchord

PostPosted: Tue, 01.04.11 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where will the designated after league NFL Playoff location be this season?

Beer, food and sound for the games are necessary!!!
RandomHero

PostPosted: Tue, 01.04.11 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaseyK wrote:
Congrats to Levi for engineering the least volatile CaseyBoy/Jacob team ever. Logan, Courtney, ClayZ and Joel make a solid supporting cast. I want this team to be in the top tier of league, but I doné─˘t know if Boy can carry them that far. 99% probability: The ladies and high schoolers get tired of being looked off and turn on Jacob and Casey mid play. Jacob still gets his forehand off.

things like this use to motivate me to play harder, what happened? I guess once you become the best player in fayetteville ultimate it's hard to find a reason to work harder at leagues... oh well, i guess we'll just have to stay volatile.

p.s. to all you captains who take league to seriously, i could beat your team on my worst day, and that's not shit talking it's fact
RandomHero

PostPosted: Tue, 01.04.11 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and once again i want to know the first round draft order, it's really the only thing i care about in league.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: