advanced search

Username:    Password:   

SlackeRED 2012 WL    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck

PostPosted: Mon, 02.06.12 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wax, I respect your calls (at least those two!).
I was mostly just mentioning memorable moments as they came to me. One more:
A line foul was called against us. Besides how overstimulated Boy was, this was funny because Levi couldn't stop encroaching during the pull! Jacob made him start from the back of the end zone ...
jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Tue, 02.07.12 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats funny...

Jacob also called line foul on his own team/Levi during our game at one point.

and also, high five to anyone who helped move goals on the mud field so we could have a full sized slightly less muddy experience.
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Tue, 02.07.12 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i took from the red/blue game:

1. i would have liked to play red with both teams having a full squad - they were missing wes; we were missing ldoc and ketchum. despite the slight arguing, it was a fun, high intensity game, and i think the calls played out how they should have with minimal fighting (call made, small debate, disc went back or it didn't, 3 secs of grumbling, play on)

2. the current ls team should start actively recruiting clayton and levi to go to arkansas (but do it in a fashion to keep them humble - we don't need more big egos around here Smile )

3. caseyk made a ridiculously awesome catch then threw a score by yelling "go back" while his receiver was coming to the front cone which tricked his defender to running the wrong direction and i didn't care we got scored on, it was like that time baxter ate all the cheese...

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
SharpWill28

PostPosted: Tue, 02.07.12 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ROCOBaller" 2. the current ls team should start actively recruiting clayton and levi to go to arkansas (but do it in a fashion to keep them humble - we don't need more big egos around here [/quote]

Yeah, we're working on it
jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Tue, 02.07.12 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
i would have liked to play red with both teams having a full squad

speaking of, what is the tourney bracket going to look like?

assuming this

http://www.printyourbrackets.com/10teamsingleelimination.html

plus a few other assumptions, you may just get your wish..
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Wed, 02.08.12 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue team will get a bye to the finals, with nick and joe bell coming out of hiding added to their team, not sure on the rest yet...j/k. i haven't started really looking at it yet, but will work on it soonish.

also, thanks for all the chatter on the other thread...i guess i am wrong yet again b/c bitching has helped spur an insightful discussion. i will bring it back up for sure when it comes close to summer league. however, bitching wasn't needed to spur this conversation, constructive feedback could have also done so.

and i was planning on mentioning this once i got the ducks in a row, but i do plan on putting together a fall league this year where people join as teams (like softball leagues). i'm planning to limit rosters to encourage more team creations, and i still have to figure out gender rules, plus fields, but stay tuned...

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
Monster

PostPosted: Wed, 02.08.12 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i can't wait to show up on the last weekend so I can play in the tournament (hope its sunny).

Also, I think big egos help people be better at sports. Look at Kobe.
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Wed, 02.08.12 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or tony romo
fluffy

PostPosted: Wed, 02.08.12 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
Besides how overstimulated Boy was ...

hehe ... maybe you don't know him very well ... was he "so angry" cause that's normal
rachel_lea21

PostPosted: Thu, 02.09.12 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

april, you rock. wanted to mention that chicago does 4 leagues each year, and each draft is a bit different. not perfect, but well organized. in fall, we do a BYOTeam, very similar to what you are describing. divided into 3 divisions based on skill [very competitive, competitive, recreational]. it gives players an opportunity to pick who they want to play with, and at what level of competition. usually very fun. but, most likely, a bit more unbalanced than a drafted league. women are always needed, and this league tends to attract and hook more ladies to staying and playing the game.

also, based on the large pool of players in chicago, there is no supplemental drafting. firm deadlines are strictly enforced, and teams are limited by number of ladies available. which, during summer league, results in some dudes not being able to sign-up, but they form their own all male games instead. encourages prompt sign-ups. most competitive club players do not play summer league, but the amount of new players is amazing.

as for drafting, it is a very complicated system that i am not a huge fan of, but it tends to work out fairly. done by computer with all the captains. every player ranks themselves in 3 categories for a total score out of 20. each team has the ability to form a 'core' of 7 players, gender ratio enforced and capped by limiting the total score. the order of draft picks are shuffled each round. you have to draft yourself when your rank comes up, and it generally starts with the higher numbers going first. new players are allowed to 'buddy' with an experienced player, and you draft each in the appropriate round. the interesting element is that immediately following the draft, captains have a one time only opportunity to trade picks and arrange switches...usually to adjust for putting the right people on teams. teams are generally well balanced.

just to give you an idea of how another, very large, league runs. i love the FDA. more than anything. i also VERY much think that captains should be prepared, do their research, and have some strategy. and, if you are not particular good at being a cheerleader and inspirational for your team, get a co-captain that has those traits. show up! keep those newbies. and everyone should recruit. all the time.

okay, much love. thanks for listening. hope it gives some perspective!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: