advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Winter League 2012    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaseyK

PostPosted: Sun, 02.19.12 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjgLUgkUdPSldHhHQ3p1MDVQVC1FdE9laDJ3bWhUOHc#gid=0

weird. I changed back share settings. should work
pablo

PostPosted: Mon, 02.20.12 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xaja wrote:
Jacob wrote:
...Cucumber Squad Summer 2002 puts me at the ten-year threshold. Sands through the hourglass indeed...

Jacob, my Cumber Squad was summer 2004. This was the other FDA league team that I captained (Team Tan was the 2nd). Cucumber went 11-1, had a +70 pt dif, and won the championship. After this domination, I was banned from captaining until people forgot that was banned and I was able to captain Team Tan. After which, I was banned again.

http://www.fayettevilledisc.org/summer04.shtml

According to that link I was LD, but I don't remember banning. I bet Phil, Bitler, and Liz did it. [/under the bus]

Don't know about these days, but it was always hard to recruit captains. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that subsequent potential captains told me that they would be a captain if Ajax wasn't.

I do remember we (Bitler, Jody, Rich, BWB, can't remember who else) were the only team to beat Cumber but we laid an egg in the finals.
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Tue, 02.21.12 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pablo wrote:
xaja wrote:
Jacob wrote:
...Cucumber Squad Summer 2002 puts me at the ten-year threshold. Sands through the hourglass indeed...

Jacob, my Cumber Squad was summer 2004. This was the other FDA league team that I captained (Team Tan was the 2nd). Cucumber went 11-1, had a +70 pt dif, and won the championship. After this domination, I was banned from captaining until people forgot that was banned and I was able to captain Team Tan. After which, I was banned again.

http://www.fayettevilledisc.org/summer04.shtml

According to that link I was LD, but I don't remember banning. I bet Phil, Bitler, and Liz did it. [/under the bus]

Don't know about these days, but it was always hard to recruit captains. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that subsequent potential captains told me that they would be a captain if Ajax wasn't.

I do remember we (Bitler, Jody, Rich, BWB, can't remember who else) were the only team to beat Cumber but we laid an egg in the finals.

Is a gatorbird egg hard or soft?
pablo

PostPosted: Tue, 02.21.12 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they reproduce by coughing out little hopping chomping versions of themselves, much like cats do.
Jacob

PostPosted: Sat, 02.25.12 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The round time and supplemental complaints thread is getting awfully long. Oh, nevermind we are just us repeating the same ills of 2011. I'm glad others put their heads in the sand when the issues were pointed out last year. CaseyK placing Jesse Smith on the first place Red is still a bigger supplemental sin than April committed. Screw Jody for turning a blind eye toward my plea for longer rounds in 2011. Screw April for not using my round time input. Screw CaseyK for never telling me "What point total are games to?" Cheers to 45 minute rounds and the supplemental super team of 2013. Also, a big hello to my future self when I research this next year.

Play-in Games
8. Blue (Wax) versus 9. Purple (Dustin)
Blue holds a clear advantage in cutters, throwers, athleticism, and skill. Purple's best shot at winning is a Boy no-show and Jody's defensive chicanery. The deflating feeling of playing good D for 7 seconds only for Boy to throw some trash to Wax cannot be understated. Wax will either catch the disc or convince himself he was fouled. Seeing Wax's metamorphosis into a NWB (shout out to my readership of one!) sized ninny is disappointing. To NWB's credit he would have never endorsed a forfeit to Texas as my coach in 2010.

7. Orange (David) versus Sand (Champage)
This game will be to determine which team will lose to Sangria by 8 in the quarters. Orange's talent level takes a hit without their World Champion pedigree pick -up. Champagne's team has been as disorganized and sporadic as his posts on LS. Attendance for Sand has been so dismal that they should be contracted before the tournament. A dispersal draft order determined by boat racing will determine which team gets Abe Gambert. The rest of the draft will be captains opting to pass on the remaining Sand players.

Quarters
1. Red versus 8.Blue
Vegas would set the line at Red +3.5. Being an underdog as a one-seed with three losses highlights the inconsistencies that submarined Blue's record. The TD opted for shorter rounds, so Blue can complain about calls until the cap horn sounds.

4. White versus 5.Lime
White benefits greatly from sneaking out of the play-in round with a fortunate week 7 schedule. Sangria and Yellow would typically offer White an 0-2 week, but they caught the pair with college tourny absentees. It is hard not to root for Lime, because they have a likable bunch of athletes that show up every week. The winner of this game will be the underdog in the semifinals.

2. Sangria versus 7.Orange/10.Sand
Snoozefest. Scoring 5 is a victory for Orange/Sand.

3. Black versus 6.Yellow
The biggest mismatch in the game will likely go unnoticed. Black would find points coming much easier if they'd clear out the endzone and let Andrea go to work on the athletically challenged women of Yellow. Fortunately for Yellow the team IQ on Black will lead them to fastbreak O turns and clogging lanes. The best way to shut down Andrea is to jog behind the Black men as they run deep and stand in the endzone.

Semifinals
1.Red/8.Blue versus 4. White
Blue or White making the finals would be a triumph for teams that no-show for the first seven weeks. I don't expect my team to be a fan favorite either. This Semifinal is marred by teams that people only want to see lose. Purple/Lime need to get some upsets if we want a fan friendly team in the finals. The winner of this semifinal wiill be the most gassed team in the finals and +4.5.

2. Sangria versus 6.Yellow
Hopefully these teams won't have to play more than one game that reaches 13 points, or their college guys will have to pack it up and go home. These are the two most talented teams and getting to watch them play would be the silver lining on my anticipated quarterfinals loss.

Finals
2. Sangria versus 8. Blue
Go home after the semifinals if this the match-up. This game will regress into bad calls and arguments in a hurry. Expect Boy to be very boastful and vocal with nonsense and shittalk. Expect Abe to rebuttles to be boastful but barely heard nonsense and shittalk. Sangria should endure less wear and tear to reach the final. Their three biggest contributors are college guys that run stairs on Saturdays, presumably so they can last 3 games. Sangria wins and Boy still clings to his self-proclaimed titles.

Last edited by Jacob on Sat, 02.25.12 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Supafunky

PostPosted: Sat, 02.25.12 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
Screw Jody
Screw April
Screw CaseyK
Cheers

This is all I got from your post. I approve.
SharpWill28

PostPosted: Sat, 02.25.12 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob, had I set an over under for amount of times you'd reference us not playing Texas, I would've said 3.5, and I would've said over. I would have lost. Thanks for keeping me on edge. And for jinxing me.
Elvin

PostPosted: Sat, 02.25.12 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
2. Sangria versus 8. Blue
Go home after the semifinals if this the match-up. This game will regress into bad calls and arguments in a hurry. Expect Boy to be very boastful and vocal with nonsense and shittalk. Expect Abe to rebuttles to be boastful but barely heard nonsense and shittalk. Sangria should endure less wear and tear to reach the final. Their three biggest contributors are college guys that run stairs on Saturdays, presumably so they can last 3 games. Sangria wins and Boy still clings to his self-proclaimed titles.

Go home? Getting drunk and watching this kind of shit is why I even show up to league tournaments.
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Sun, 02.26.12 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

advice should be given in advance, not after the fact...go ahead and post opinions on the summer league schedule though

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
Elvin

PostPosted: Sun, 02.26.12 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summer league 2012 sucks already. Who's in charge of it? Fix it you idiot.
Chuck

PostPosted: Mon, 02.27.12 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
advice should be given in advance, not after the fact...go ahead and post opinions on the summer league schedule though

Can we make the league longer?
While changing the tournament date mid-league is probably not something we want to repeat, I did appreciate the extra week of play.

Also, Phil mentioned a requirement from years ago that only players who had played for X amount of weeks could play in the finals. I'd like to see that.
SharpWill28

PostPosted: Mon, 02.27.12 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if it was just 6 games they had to play in, I think it'd be an improvement. It's boring to draft a player who is going to show up one week and then come to the tourney and get to the finals.
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Tue, 02.28.12 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed, ringers suck
fluffy

PostPosted: Tue, 02.28.12 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the wheels on the bus go round and round
jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Wed, 02.29.12 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an idea on how to help setup the draft for more parity (really just an FDA-ized and anonom-ized version of ADA) , but that doesn't really matter b/c the supplemental still breaks it down. I still can't come up with an optimal solution for the supplemental yet, but will keep the gears turning...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: