advanced search

Username:    Password:   

LS Hats for Sale    Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matchew

PostPosted: Mon, 04.02.12 5:52 pm    Post subject: LS Hats for Sale Reply with quote

we've got LS trucker hats for sale. Blue hat with a white panel, same as the old ones for $15. We will hopefully have them at pickup every week or you can purchase them by getting into contact with me
xaja

PostPosted: Mon, 04.02.12 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you a business major? I am curious to see how the $15 price point pans out. I know we sold the shit out of those hats at $10 so our price was probably too low or maybe we got lucky and picked the optimal price.
Jacob

PostPosted: Tue, 04.03.12 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xaja wrote:
Are you a business major? I am curious to see how the $15 price point pans out. I know we sold the shit out of those hats at $10 so our price was probably too low or maybe we got lucky and picked the optimal price.

$5 trucker hats. Gordon Gekko looking ass on these price hikes.
kdoe

PostPosted: Tue, 04.03.12 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya i was thinking they had been $5 bucks too...thats why we sold the shit out of them. $10 bucks seems reasonable. $15 way too high.
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Tue, 04.03.12 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back in my day, we sold hats for $3 and we made them from hand while walking uphill through snow storms pulling 100 lbs of brick

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
xaja

PostPosted: Tue, 04.03.12 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
xaja wrote:

$5 trucker hats. Gordon Gekko looking ass on these price hikes.

We sold them for $5 then but we also sold hats for 10 at one point. You don't really raise any money if you only charge 5.
matchew

PostPosted: Wed, 04.04.12 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xaja wrote:

Yes i am a business major. They must have raised the prices of hats because it wouldn't be worth our time to sell them for 10 with the cost they are at now. We'll be selling them at pickup tonight.
Jacob

PostPosted: Wed, 04.04.12 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matchew wrote:
They must have raised the prices of hats because it wouldn't be worth our time to sell them for 10 with the cost they are at now. We'll be selling them at pickup tonight.

We need you guys to manage your costs better, so we can buy your merch and support the team. Damn kids and their fancy brands.
Kearney

PostPosted: Wed, 04.04.12 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quoting prices from '07? What is this, a betamax? We've gone into and out of a recession since then. Times are a changin' I tell you. $15 for one of the best hats in the nation is a steal.
Jacob

PostPosted: Wed, 04.04.12 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kearney wrote:
quoting prices from '07? What is this, a betamax? We've gone into and out of a recession since then.

What is this, a trucker hat? They've gone into and out style since '07.
Judah Friedlander wrote:
Years ago, some people used to get angry with me for wearing them and someone even called me racist for wearing a trucker hat 'cause I looked like a redneck. I bet now, some people think I'm a loser for wearing them because now they're out of fashion

High fashion.
sebo

PostPosted: Wed, 04.04.12 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
back in my day, we sold hats for $3 and we made them from hand while walking uphill through snow storms pulling 100 lbs of brick

April wins for best presentation of argument. I still can't decide if ultimate players are just smart, or too smart. Either way the discussion is enjoyable.

Having done no research, going from $10 to $15 may seem a bit of a jump, but certainly the price should go up as the years pass, not remain at $10 forever. And from the seller's standpoint, considering that you're likely doing mostly cash transactions, working with something other than increments of 5 is a pain in the ass. $15 makes sense to me. I hope you guys sell lot of hats Smile
Supafunky

PostPosted: Thu, 04.05.12 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sebo wrote:
Having done no research

Then maybe you shouldn't speak about it. Or at least give it a little more thought before you do, because...

sebo wrote:
going from $10 to $15 may seem a bit of a jump

It is a 50% increase in 5 years (roughly 8% CAGR). That far outpaces inflation. So, it doesn't just "seem a bit of a jump."

sebo wrote:
but certainly the price should go up as the years pass, not remain at $10 forever.

Why must this be "certainly" true? Was this statement a comment on Trucker Hats specifically or all consumer goods in particular? If the former, I'd love to understand the logic behind the statement. If the latter, then you are flat out wrong.

sebo wrote:
I hope you guys sell lot of hats Smile

Finally, something I can agree with.
Supafunky

PostPosted: Thu, 04.05.12 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kearney wrote:
$15 for one of the best hats in the nation is a steal.

I won't pay that price myself, but to test your theory I did a little Google shopping check for "Kentucky trucker hat" on the assumption that they are probably hotter than an LS hat.

2 pages of results for $0-$10, but none of them were for UK/Wildcats.

9 pages from $10-$15. Many were not UK/Wildcats, but could still find some.

10 pages for over $15. Strong UK/Wildcat presence in the results.

In conclusion, not much of a "steal", but maybe not so poorly priced either.[/img][/url]
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Thu, 04.05.12 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when we print liquor and cleats hats with jim, they are about $7/hat (and that has increased to this recently). assuming the cost is the same for ls, $15 looks right if their goal is to make $$ from the hats. if their goal is to get people to wear ls merch, then maybe they should sell them for $10. but i'm assuming* they will sell the $15 hats anyway and have over 2.5 times the profit margin doing so than at $10.

i'd buy one for $15 except trucker hats are so 5 minutes ago. von dutch who?

*jody, my assumption is based on the fact people are buying shorts with footprints on their butts for $30. (and i still want to win.)

also i'll take this moment to poach this thread, FDA has ordered FDA discs. they should be here mid-month and will cost $10 each or 2 for $15. Smile this pricing logic is based on covering costs and not ending up with a ton of unpurchased discs. our goal is not to make $$ though.

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
rachel_lea21

PostPosted: Thu, 04.05.12 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

april, i'll bite on the thread hijack. i may want to order some discs for my ladies team. need to refill the disc bag with fresh plastic. maybe send them with wayne for sandblast. let's chat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: