advanced search

Username:    Password:   

ADA Open IX - The Avengers    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Supafunky

PostPosted: Mon, 05.14.12 8:59 pm    Post subject: ADA Open IX - The Avengers Reply with quote

Games start tomorrow (Tuesday, May 15th) at 6:20 with Time Cap at 8:20. Walker Park in Fayetteville. Bring $25. Jerseys should be in tomorrow (fingers crossed) - bring the color listed below just in case.

Field 2 Loki vs Captain America

Loki (Orange) led by Jody Ayers
Abe Coffin
Paul baker
Jon Mills
BoB Lee
Corey Duncan
Luke Dockery
Austin Culp
Wayne Ramsey
Larkin Purkayastha
Doug Behrend
Will Dockery
Ian Shaffer

Captain America (White) led by Justin Adams
Nick Welch-Bolen
Jeremy Williams
Joe Bell
Conner Stevens
Earl Evans
Jon Champagne
Cameron Umbarger
John Schmuecker
jon bitler
jeremiah
Travis James
Alexander Thomas

Field 1 Iron Man versus Hulk

Iron Man (Red) led by Casey Kleinhenz
Chris Brosh
Wes Axtell
Kaplan Maurer
Alex McEachin
Todd Erickson
Sam Borgstadt
Bradley Erickson
Laura Brewer
Matthew Gentry
Doug Wolf
Will Sharp
Walker Smith

Hulk (Green) led by Jacob Perry
Kevin Waruszewski
Abe Gambert
Clayton Adams
Dylan Holland
Matt Seaton
Clay Mohr
Alex Kreps
Cole Borgstadt
Lawson Hembree
(STFU) Chuck
Chester Olson
Julian Thomas
Jacob

PostPosted: Mon, 05.14.12 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks that show up early would do well to stake our claim in the soccer field on the North side. It has the preferred dimensions (nearer regulation length).

At 8:20, finish the point, if it is not tied, then the game is over. Games are straight to 15. Two timeouts per half.
SharpWill28

PostPosted: Tue, 05.15.12 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring it
Kearney

PostPosted: Tue, 05.15.12 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loki wins it all, Jody murdered that draft.

Cap America looks like they're all receivers, but long and lean. Mills employed this strategy for summer league and it was a success. They'll be battling it out with Iron man's depth, but less talented plethora of receivers for the silver medal

The hulk has a lot of youth, but jacob is pretty good at making subordinates find new potential, but a lack of athleticism will be their Achilles heel.
Monster

PostPosted: Tue, 05.15.12 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I read Kearney's post twice and disagree with almost everything he said.

First of all, I think Jody's team is the weakest (or is this a head game because my team plays them tonight?). Where's the definitive bigman? Who's going to guard the Nick/Brosh/Waxes of the world? You know who I think belongs in this group? Wes. Mills and Corey can guard deep threats, but not at a consistently high level. Jody should have taken Wes above everyone but Abe, and reunited an LS combo that's proven in the field. I think Jody's top 5 are weaker than everyone else's top 5.

Second, Cap America has receivers, but they have a strong, veteran handling core of (Champagne, Jwill, and Earl). Is this better than (Jody, Abe, Bob Lee), (McEachin, Brad, LMAC), or (Jacob, Dylan, Matt)? I'd say it's better than Iron Man, and as good as, if not better than Loki and Hulk.

Third, did Mills employ this strategy for summer league? Did you mean winter league? Did you mean the season completely opposite of summer?

Fourth, Iron Man has depth? This is ADA, otherwise known as the Anti-Depth Association. Not a single team has depth. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if teams were playing savage tonight. It seems like they always do...

Fifth, while I agree that the Hulk has youth, I'm not sure athleticism will be their Achilles heel. Athletes on Hulk include Wax (arguably the most athletic player in the league) Abe Gambert, Clayton Adams, Dylan Holland (can play surprisingly decent D for not running on O) and token tall guys Creps (who won most improved in winter league) and Borgstadt. If anything, this is a team of athletes lacking experience and handling skills. If Jacob can get Clayton and Abe to the next level, this team will be even more dangerous, in fact, I would say grabbing Clayton and Abe after the Jacob-Wax combo was my favorite move of the draft. (I'm biased toward development).

Sorry, Kearney, I usually don't like disproving EVERYTHING IN A SINGLE POST, but it was just too damn enticing.

Props on your excellent troll. You got me good.
eeville

PostPosted: Tue, 05.15.12 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I can pick up a sixth man award...

and when did bob become a handle? Razz
matchew

PostPosted: Tue, 05.15.12 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on the draft

Loki: Abe Coffin is hands down the best player in this league. If Jody is smart, and i imagine he is, he's put Abe in the middle with Paul. Those two together will be nearly impossible to guard. Yes Abe will probably be having to guard Wax/Brosh/Nick but Abe is going to dominate every game in this league if we wants to and he's got the depth around him to do well.
Loki goes 5-1 in the regular season

Captain America: This team has the best starting 7 in ADA but will the old guys minus NWB be able to show up and get in shape during the tournament? I bet not. It's good to see that Joe Bell has signed up but he won't be anywhere near the force he used to be on the field.
Cap America goes 3-3 in the regular season

Iron Man

Casey got 3 good deep threats in Brosh, Wes, and Toad but who is going to throw it to them? LMac? Alex? Will Sharp? I just don't see it. This team suffers when Brosh doesn't show up, and that may be often. Sam Borgstadt is a great player and the people in the Fayetteville ultimate community need to start realizing it.
Iron Man goes 2-4 in the regular season

Hulk
Did Jacob chose the Hulk so he can rip his shirt off while he rages in the middle of games? I hope so. Jacob drafted a team that is okay at a lot of things but not great at anything. This team will have to run teams into the ground with their youth in order to do well. Look for a surprise showing in the tournament if the Bjax Wax show is working. If it's not though i hope Wax can teach his young and slow team how to run catch deep balls from Jacob. Abe and Clay have to ball out for the team to do well
Hulk goes 2-4 in the regular season

Hulk Vs Loki in the finals with Loki winning

[/u]
RandomHero

PostPosted: Tue, 05.15.12 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I read the first 2-3 names on each list it hard to believe that it's a competitive league, this league has been suffering for the past 3 years or so.... If anyone in this city is hoping to play at a nationals then we all have to step up, I'm gonna come watch on Thursday, I predict I am very dissappointed at the level of play.
RandomHero

PostPosted: Tue, 05.15.12 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry just to clarify I mean that after the top 2/3 on each team the level of play drops off tremendously!
auxarc

PostPosted: Tue, 05.15.12 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kearney don't just think about regular season balance, think about tournament balance too.

Nick, I think Kearney got mixed up with who was the captain of the winning team of the 2011 Summer League. It had had a bunch of tall receivers, that gave other teams matchup nightmares. Mills was on that team, but it was captained by... you. Got to go with what works.

Matt, you asked who is going to throw it deep and put LMacs name out there as one of the ones you just don't see being able to huck. I hope you don't have to guard her, because she is going to make you look silly when she puts it deep.

Also, Wax is easy to guard. Just get him talking about Razorback football. Approved topics include the players who just got arrested, and if he will play in the club series if it conflicts with a home game.
mills

PostPosted: Tue, 05.15.12 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

auxarc wrote:

Also, Wax is easy to guard. Just get him talking about Razorback football.

You can also trip him up by asking about In-N-Out Burger.

Effective chatter includes:
"Wax, isn't INO basically just California's version of Steak 'n Shake?"
"Wax, I've never been to INO. Can you suggest something I should order?" *
"Wax, can you name the closest In-N-Out Burger to every house/apartment you've lived in for the last decade?"
"Wax, why doesn't Arkansas have an INO? And have you ever lobbied for one?"

The first question should be enough to occupy him for one game.

* His answer is: Animal style double-double; Animal style fries; Neapolitan shake. And yes, his answer is correct.
xaja

PostPosted: Tue, 05.15.12 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Wax's love of Quick Trip and golf. Tell him how awful Phil Mickelson is and that you heard he was gay and Wax's head will explode.
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Tue, 05.15.12 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loki can't win, he's the bad guy!
Kearney

PostPosted: Tue, 05.15.12 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did mean Winter league, actually, good catch. Wink
Supafunky

PostPosted: Tue, 05.15.12 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May 15
Loki 15 Captain America 7
Hulk 15 Iron Man 13

May 17
Iron Man 11 vs Loki 10
Hulk 11 vs Captain America 15

May 22
Iron Man 9 vs Captain America 15
Loki 13 vs Hulk 14

May 24
Capt Am vs Loki
Hulk vs Iron Man

May 29
Cap Am vs Hulk
Loki vs Iron Man

May 31
Hulk vs Loki
Cap Am vs Iron Man

Last edited by Supafunky on Wed, 05.23.12 9:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: