advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Dan Gabor    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rcheek

PostPosted: Thu, 05.24.12 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyone with a spot still open? I'm planning on coming up this weekend.
Third Conchord

PostPosted: Thu, 05.24.12 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich and Sheena have a team with a number of UNT ladies and still need a few guys.
DrDoug

PostPosted: Fri, 05.25.12 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheek--I just talked to Rich. You can play on his/Sheena's team.
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Sat, 05.26.12 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I will always commend people for taking care of top priorities first, but one priority when you enter a tournament should be to play the tournament."

.....psh
Chuck

PostPosted: Sat, 05.26.12 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last game can be tough, especially when you only play 10 on the roster...
jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Sat, 05.26.12 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what did I miss?
eeville

PostPosted: Sun, 05.27.12 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old guys and gals win the b pool!!!
kdoe

PostPosted: Sun, 05.27.12 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so who won?
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Sun, 05.27.12 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was no finals....forfeit to the Kansas team
Chuck

PostPosted: Sun, 05.27.12 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The local team "Monstars" forfeited the final game (to Kansas? Not sure...), whence the most recent comments by Cam and me. Quite ironic.
Kearney

PostPosted: Mon, 05.28.12 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fayetteville hosts, what, 3 tournaments a year? People travel for these tournaments, pay money, and we completely failed to give them a "final" product. I don't know how the Kansas team received the forfeiture, they may have been ecstatic, but we look like a bunch of dumbasses.

I mean we as in the Fayetteville ultimate community. Sure, I was part of the "10 person monstar team" that began these problems. Yes, I thought we had our roster figured out. Yes, it was the "team of villains" that had an issue against another team last year. Against another Fayetteville team. Just like this year players let personal issues overcome the present issue of trying to win a game and shit got ugly.

I played two games. We went 1-1 with me on the field. Make whatever argument you want, but me leaving that team gave everyone an advantage over them, I don't think it provided the monstars any edge losing me. If Kansas had a roster issue I doubt anyone would have got heated enough to ask another player to hit them. This is what puts the community in bad light.

Instead, players let emotions flare, petty arguments override a good Saturday that is in honor of a man who lost his life. I hope we retain those who travel for this tournament. I really do. Gross displays of immaturity won't let that happen. We need to get better as people first before we argue about better teams.

We need to come together whenever it is our community putting on a display for other teams traveling from different states. We couldn't do that for one day out of the year. Let's be better, everyone.
RandomHero

PostPosted: Mon, 05.28.12 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so tired of people thinking that everyone that plays this sport has to be friends, I honestly dislike a lot of people in ultimate some of which live right herein Fayetteville... As for Kansas, fuck them they have far worst spirit and act far more like jackasses on the field, it just wasn't this Saturday.... I you dislike this so much then ban me from ultimate... I promise I won't cry a tear or miss any sleep if I was t allowed to play in any FDA sponsored events anymore. Beyond that get use to the idea that I'm competitive and I defend my teammates, if you have a problem we can work it out however you want.

P.s. this is not directed at you personally kearney
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Mon, 05.28.12 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, the 10 team roster wouldn't have changed the outcome of that game. i do have a problem with a veteran fayetteville team knowing the rules of Dan Gabor, breaking them, and just saying "i didn't put this team together so it's not my fault" and then saying we okayed it with the TD, who happens to be a good friend. but we lost b/c we played crappy and weren't in overall as good of shape. i apologize for yelling at jacob when i did b/c i thought boy had kicked that disc upfield and not my own team mate. i was infuriated by watching people intentionally foul each other and then contest it. that is the exact opposite of what Gabor represented. being competitive is fine, you don't have to do so by tripping and pushing people. you can't control what others do on the field, but you can control how you handle yourself. we all failed to take a high road on saturday. ajax's post on the ADA thread is 100% spot on.

i'm disappointed there wasn't a finals either, that would have been a good game.

and though that was the worst gabor tournament ive experienced, the party was awesome!

also, this was a good lesson in not drinking...

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
eeville

PostPosted: Mon, 05.28.12 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan would not play like that. There is honor in playing with pride, even when you are losing. It's just a savage seven tourney to raise money and promote Ultimate; not sectionals, regionals, or nationals. I hope you guys get it all settled out.
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Mon, 05.28.12 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish this was 5 years ago so we could all just blame king kharl and move along...in the meantime I blame Will Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: