advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Summer League Teams - 2012    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Mon, 06.04.12 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i predict that cameron's predictions are incorrect though i would love his #1 pick to be right. you might want to do some research on larkin/kaplan's new girl elana as well. and wayne didn't say that, don't go spreading rumors...

the admins don't really read these boards, but i'll see what i can do about updating the auto correct and add my own Wink

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
SharpWill28

PostPosted: Mon, 06.04.12 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Wow wrote:
Cam's Predictions

- 5:2 Ratio tried to be taken into account
- Predictions were based on a 16 game league, could be 18 games i'm not sure.
- Didn't do exact math on records for teams to make it even out perfect.

1) Matt Seaton. This team looks really good, and this draft has solidified the fact that Matt Seaton is a pretty damn good drafter. He drafted a team with many people he knows well and is comfortable with. I really like the pick of ben ben Caffrey first round and cant wait to see him play. He also picked up another rising star in Sam Borgstadt to work the middle or handle with him. His wings, Todd Toad Erickson and Doug Wolf will help stretch the field well. His girls draft was just as good, where he seemed to get value on every pick. April will love running the middle with so many good throwers to hit her in stride, and Mary Anne McAndrew and Sara Taylor will be very helpful in continuing the disc. I dont see this team having a turnover problem whatsoever.

Starters: Matt Seaton, Sam Borgstadt, ben ben Caffrey, Matthew Gentry, April Johnson, Doug Wolf, Sara Taylor.

Extra Starters: Toad, Will Dockery, Mary Anne

Prediction: This team will go 12-4 in regular season, Sam Borgstadt improves even more and becomes a serious issue for opposing teams.

2) Jacob. Once again Jacob builds a solid team around him that he feels can win it all. Jacob is the king of scouting, he always finds the list for that player not many other captains know, and it was apparent when he snagged Carrie Healy who just moved in. This team has many well known names and will be a handful for opposing teams to try and match up against them all without having a mismatch. Jacob has his deep threats he needs for his teams huck offense. Especially his beloved Joe Garrett if he shows up (lucky its summer league). Andrea will be a mismatch every point as we know. The key will be Dustin, Chuck, and Andrew Lentzs ability to play big and help the flow of this offense.

Starters: Jacob, Corey Duncan, Carrie Healy, Casey K, Andrea, Dustin, Joe Garrett.

Extra Starters: Eric Olson, Phil Watson, Chuck

Prediction: This team goes 11-5 in regular season, or implodes and Jacob throws up on your goal line.

3 a.) Wayne. Waynes team is the biggest wild card of the draft. This team could win it all or play very mediocre. He drafts a somewhat older team by taking Bob Lee, Jeremiah, and Earl to play with himĶbut tries to compliment it with Joe Bell, Courtney Walbe, and Alex McEachin on the field as well. The biggest question will be how good will Joe Bell be, hes admitted he has done nothing for 7 months or so, but we all know when he is healthy and in shape he owns the skies. If hes the Joe Bell of old like his team will need, this team will wreck havoc. Theres a rumor circling that Wayne said he would take Courtney Walbe over the Pretty Pink Princess April, lets see if she can live up to that.

Starters: Wayne, Jeremiah, Earl, Courtney Walbe, Joe Bell, Bob Lee, Kat.

Extra Starters: Alex McEachin and J.C. (theyve mentioned they wont be present often)

Prediction: This team goes 9-7. When they get good numbers they will be a good team, Im worried that with Alex and J.C. not attending often, they will be pretty thin on numbers some weeks.

3 b.) ClayZ Mohr. ClayZ got a lot of the players he wanted. He drafted based on a balance of skill AND attendance. The question for captains is how much to rely on attendance, since it is subject to change. Last summer league tourney was moved to a more attendable date and really messed up captains that drafted too much on attendance. That being said, a lot of the players said they will be there every week. Casey K stated I really like the two tall guys they have in Wax and Ivan, I think that will be tough to guard. A question will be if they can get the huck off to these two towers, Dr. Doug and John Schmuecker are very good handles, but not known to huck it like an Earl, Jwill or Jacob would. The two girls Jamie McBryde and Lindsey Hamm have been seen throwing it far. ClayZ will have to play big, hes a beast athlete, but may have to turn around after that in cut and wind up for the deep threats in Wax, Ivan, Travis James, Cole Borgstadt and Brandon Spurlock. Cole Borgstadt has been growing as a player very quickly.

Starters: Jamie McBryde, Dr. Doug, John Schmuecker, Wax, ClayZ Mohr, Lindsey Hamm, Ivan.

Extra Starters: Cole Borgstadt, Brandon Spurlock, Chester Olson

Prediction: This team also goes 9-7. Potential turn problems, and potential chemistry problems.

4) Will Sharp. Im excited to play with Wes, hes a work horse and nearly impossible to stop from getting the disc. However, Ive heard he wants to take this league to work on handling, so we will see how that fares for us. Champagne will be missing a bunch. I think my team will surprise people. There are names that dont stick out on paper, that will stick out on game day. Ive noticed many teams that win the tourney recently have players like Jon Bitler and John Broomfield who you can count on to show up and continue the disc up the field. Im excited to see what they do. I hope Pat Randall shows up quite a bit, hes a tall athlete with very good throws, able to play all three positions very well. Julian Thomas and Ian Shaffer will need to play big for us on offense and defense. Ive never played with Anne Marie Beck and am excited to see how she does also. I guess were just a mystery at this point.

Starters: Will Sharp, Wes, Whitney, Cam, Pat Randall, Anne Marie, Alex Kreps

Extra Starters: Bitler, John Broomfield, Julian Thomas, Ian Shaffer, and of course Champagne on days he shows up.

Predicition: Our team will go 8-8 and be right in the mix come tourney time. We must play with a chilly hand and work it without silly throw aways, mainly speaking to me.

5) Houston and Jon Mills. I havent figured out how he got Jody, Abe Gambert, and Jon Mills. Arent these players pretty good, who went 3rd round??? Hmmm interesting Wink Anyways, at first glance this team looked to be up at the top I thought. But then I was very unimpressed with the players I believe went in the middle to late rounds. I dont see this team with the fire power that many others seem to think they will haveĶ.but maybe Im wrongĶ.Kaleb Horlick will surprise people with his athleticism and layouts. I could be proven wrong if Jody can teach him to read hucks. Levi Finn could maybe play as good as he thinks he already is. I DO however think their girls will be a force. Helen Ames, Heather, Ramsey and RenataĶ.holy cow! They need to work it to their women! I think Jody, Abe Gambert, Jon Mills will be a good Big 3Ķ.but I dont see them getting the help from their other teammates consistently enough to win games.

Starters: Jody, Abe Gambert, Heather Ayers, Jon Mills, Helen Ames, Houston Hynes, Kaleb Horlick

Extra Starters: Ramsey, Renata, Ryan Lowe, Levi Finn

Prediction: 7-9, a total surprise to the outside world

6) Bustin. This team looks like they could be in for a long league. I do like on paper some of the names I see, but I have seen which ones will be there for most of the weeks and the tourney. I love watching Clayton dominate the middle on offense and get turns on defense. The problem is, I picture getting drafted on this team, and just being like eh. I wouldnt be too excited. Bustin will have to teach his team a lot I think. I do like LMac as well, she was embarrassing people in a mens competitive league, which would make her almost unfair on another girl in this league. Conner Stevens will have to play real hot, which he can do. Chuck Maxwell will also have to play real big, which Ive heard he can do. LDoc will do fine, but does it matter if he isnt at the tourney? This team will have to have others step up.

Starters: Bustin, Dylan, LMac, Clayton Adams, Luke Dockery, Kate Smith, Conner Stevens.

Extra Starters: Chuck Maxwell andĶ..

Prediction: 5-11, thin and bad value picks. Clayton and Conner are pretty much saviors for this team.

7) Larkin and Kap. GuysĶI love yaĶ.but damn. Yall got some work to do. Brosh is the man, but this team should make him already uninterested. Unless Kap can throw it to Brosh, then Brosh to Kap, then Kap to BroshĶI dont see another strategy that works. Paul Baker might get healthy again, which yall need, hes a great cutter. I dont think your girls are gonna see the light of day against the other teams, whos gonna guard LMac or April or Andrea? I see too many mismatches after Brosh and Kap for yall to contend against any team. Larkin will have to play so big to keep this team alive.

Starters: Brad Erickson, Brosh, Elana Boehm, Kap, Paul Baker, Larkin, Lydia Campbell

Extra Starters: Lorelei, Lawson Hembree, Adam Servies

Prediction: Pink gets skunked, 0-16.

I will trade Cameron to anyone for three jugs of Gatorade, you don't even have to be a captain. He is skilled at things such as: cleaning, forehands, excitement, Madden, and blowing Ryan Fitzpatrick. However, he is not skilled at things such as: predictions, backhands, and tact.

Very Happy
LDoc

PostPosted: Mon, 06.04.12 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Wow wrote:
Cam's Predictions
LDoc will do fine, but does it matter if he isnt at the tourney?

LDoc is missing a ton of league and is pretty bummed about it.
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Mon, 06.04.12 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitzpatrick AKA The Amish Rifle will have a great season, I do kick ass at madden, I don't what you mean by cleaning, my forehand is pretty, my backhand is shitty, and please dont trade me haha
Chuck

PostPosted: Mon, 06.04.12 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Wow wrote:
...I do kick ass at madden...

Well, IIRC you couldn't even beat a guy at Madden on his first try!
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Mon, 06.04.12 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck I will destroy you....quit making up shit. You would never beat me at Madden, now let's keep this on our league.
SharpWill28

PostPosted: Tue, 06.05.12 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brief Summer League Predictions

Tournament Winner: Matt Seaton
Regular Season Champion: Jacob/Andrea

Matt Seaton drafted a couple players, mainly Ben Caffrey, who won't be here until July. I think he'll drop some games because of it, while Jacob's team will be loaded from the get go. I think Seaton's youth and athleticism prevails in the three game structure of a league tournament.

Surprise Team: Houstons. Mills played a good draft considering his pick position. From the beginning, I thought picks 6-8 would have a tough time navigating the board. The talent and athleticism is there, and based off Jody's comment, I think he looks forward to corralling it.

Male MVP: Abe Gambert
Female MVP: Laura Brewer
Rookie: Keifer Turner
Best Defender: CaseyK
Hardest To Guard: Wes Axtell
Hustler: Sam Borgstadt
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Tue, 06.05.12 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and instead of nicest calves, i'm leaning towards the sweatiest player award for summer.

top contenders include jacob and justin.

mills

PostPosted: Tue, 06.05.12 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
and instead of nicest calves, i'm leaning towards the sweatiest player award for summer.

This is baloney! McGee was the paramount perspirator for something like 10 years running.

That guy had to change out shirts between warming up and playing in Winter League.

I'm seeing some blatant favoritism here; and I don't like it.
tease

PostPosted: Tue, 06.05.12 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mills wrote:
ROCOBaller wrote:

This is baloney! McGee was the paramount perspirator for something like 10 years running.

That guy had to change out shirts between warming up and playing in Winter League.

man's got a point, sweaty McGee gets my vote.
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Tue, 06.05.12 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if he was signed up and was playing league, he'd be a contender...

we could throw Dan Majerle into the pot also, but he's not playing league either

LDoc

PostPosted: Tue, 06.05.12 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
and if he was signed up and was playing league, he'd be a contender...

we could throw Dan Majerle into the pot also, but he's not playing league either

+1 for the Thunder Dan Majerle reference.
jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Tue, 06.05.12 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to win a league in fayetteville in 2012, you have to have Corey Duncan on your team. And be yellow. that is all.
joyness

PostPosted: Tue, 06.05.12 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope everyone, captains especially, will remember the purpose of FDA Summer League is to recruit, inspire, and teach new players the Ultimate Spirit. Coming off the ADA competitive league makes it hard for the experienced players to ratchet down a notch and remember that it's not just about winning, so I hope that all can keep their bad habits concealed and teach/lead by example.
Give the rookies some slack.
Try not to yell at new players {or show your prowess for pwning and assing-out by exploding at experienced ones}.
Teach the CORRECT rules and give them a chance to LEARN.
Pass the disc.
Live the Sprit.
Play ULTIMATE!

if all else fails: WWSD..what would scooby doo? get down like International Scott Brown =)
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Tue, 06.05.12 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mills wrote:
ROCOBaller wrote:

Stop with your bitching, Mills. I would've loved to have been in town for the best calves league.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: