advanced search

Username:    Password:   

South Regionals    Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Mon, 10.01.12 3:21 pm    Post subject: South Regionals Reply with quote

Here's the skinny on Robot Unicorn Attack this weekend -

There were 12 mixed teams. We were seeded 4th in our pool. It was rainy all weekend, which caused muddy cleats and Texas fire ants to come out of the ground and bite us.

We went 3-2 in our pool, breaking seed. We lost to Mesteno (Joel, DMarsh, and Karrl's team), not playing very well at all in that round. We also didn't have Andrea for that game b/c she had to shoot herself with her epipen b/c she is allergic to fire ant bites and did not want her throat to close up and die.

Our other loss was to Cosa Nostra, who ended up winning regionals. We got a crowd in that one b/c we took them to ultimate point. It would have been quite the upset, but they held us off. We played our best all year in that game.

We played our last round of pool play Sunday morning. There was one set of observers for all of the mixed division and they were assigned to the 4 vs 5 seed game that morning. Jacob got ejected on the first point he played by cussing at the observer for overturning a travel call. The observers were awful, but we won.

We were happy to make it to the championship pool at that point, but pretty much had ran out of gas. We did not have enough subs b/c we had a handful of players bail. We played Killjoy from CO, and like in our Mesteno game, lost easily. We then had to play BID, who we've beat 3 times this year. Leave it to Arkansas ultimate to almost upset the regional champions and then lose to a team that has never given us issue. We didn't play the 8th place game, and took a tie for 7th.

Most importantly, our jerseys were the most coveted and commented upon thing all weekend. They have rainbows, sparkles, and a unicorn on them!

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
Supafunky

PostPosted: Mon, 10.01.12 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, whipped cream vodka is amazingly easy to drink.
Monster

PostPosted: Tue, 10.02.12 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: South Regionals Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
Jacob got ejected on the first point he played by cussing at the observer for overturning a travel call.

Does anyone have any photos of this? I want to see Jacob's face the moment he realized he was ejected.
Chuck

PostPosted: Tue, 10.02.12 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first PMFoul (for what, calling too many travels??) was totally uncalled for ... the second less so. I talked to some other observers about it and they all said they would not have made either call.

Stupid replacement refs.
Jacob

PostPosted: Tue, 10.02.12 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify, I did not cuss at the observer for overturning a travel call. I cursed him for issuing Robot Unicorn Attack a Team Misconduct Foul. I felt the TMF was unwarranted and the observer was overreaching. However, this was phrased in the form of "That's bullshit. Fuck you."

It was an emotional weekend and I regret leaving the team with only 6 guys for the game, but I never expected to be tossed from a game by a glorified timekeeper.
cmohr

PostPosted: Tue, 10.02.12 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: South Regionals Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
Most importantly, our jerseys were the most coveted and commented upon thing all weekend. They have rainbows, sparkles, and a unicorn on them!

did i see that you either had some extras, or were placing another order if anyone wanted some? or did i just completely make that up?
Supafunky

PostPosted: Tue, 10.02.12 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The observer told me that we received the TMF for making two bad calls in a row. He defined bad calls as those that were overturned by the observer.

Jacob then received a PMF and was ejected. I was standing on the sideline right by the situation. I would describe his face as angry as he looked at me and I said "God Damn it, Jacob!." Then he looked dejected.

We got a second TMF later for Casey-boy mouthing off about Jacob getting ejected.

I didn't tell Casey.

Then Casey got a warning about his "disrespectful attitude" when speaking to the observer. This warning was delivered to me with a request to talk to Casey.

I didn't tell Casey.
adunn

PostPosted: Tue, 10.02.12 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supafunky wrote:
The observer told me that we received the TMF for making two bad calls in a row. He defined bad calls as those that were overturned by the observer.

Jacob then received a PMF and was ejected. I was standing on the sideline right by the situation. I would describe his face as angry as he looked at me and I said "God Damn it, Jacob!." Then he looked dejected.

We got a second TMF later for Casey-boy mouthing off about Jacob getting ejected.

I didn't tell Casey.

Then Casey got a warning about his "disrespectful attitude" when speaking to the observer. This warning was delivered to me with a request to talk to Casey.

I didn't tell Casey.

hahaha. I love this.
RandomHero

PostPosted: Tue, 10.02.12 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: South Regionals Reply with quote

cmohr wrote:
ROCOBaller wrote:

did i see that you either had some extras, or were placing another order if anyone wanted some? or did i just completely make that up?

You made it up!
RandomHero

PostPosted: Tue, 10.02.12 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adunn wrote:
Supafunky wrote:

I didn't tell Casey.

I didn't tell Casey.

hahaha. I love this.

I was very respectfully disrespectful in asking why they were observing a 4 vs 5 matchup in pool play when they werent requested! He didn't like that I guess... But he did "appreciate my sarcasm as much as the next guy"
auxarc

PostPosted: Tue, 10.02.12 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a player can get tossed in this year's college open Ozark Sectionals for calling a female observer "toots," I can imagine that it doesn't take much to get ejected.
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Wed, 10.03.12 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, observers are pussies.
bwb

PostPosted: Wed, 10.10.12 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

auxarc wrote:
If a player can get tossed in this year's college open Ozark Sectionals for calling a female observer "toots," I can imagine that it doesn't take much to get ejected.
wtf are you serious? that is crazy, i thought observers weren't allowed to do stuff like that, and just there if someone requested there read on a call.
auxarc

PostPosted: Wed, 10.10.12 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For serious. Observers are already changing how the game is played and are quickly getting more powers. Just check out the GOAT vs. Ironside thread on RSD.
bwb

PostPosted: Thu, 10.11.12 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

auxarc wrote:
For serious. Observers are already changing how the game is played and are quickly getting more powers. Just check out the GOAT vs. Ironside thread on RSD.
I watched the point and the white player fouled him? was stiff arming him and it was correctly a foul on that one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: