advanced search

Username:    Password:   

South Regionals    Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacob

PostPosted: Thu, 10.11.12 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwb wrote:
I watched the point and the white player fouled him? was stiff arming him and it was correctly a foul on that one?

Who is this new guy? bwb? Can our onsite reporter Beating With Butter tell us precisely how much Canadian profanity occurred? I think that is what everyone really wants to know.

I'm disappointed the observers missed an opportunity to eject players for cursing. Players should be held to the same standards as JV Softball.

Last edited by Jacob on Thu, 10.11.12 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jacob

PostPosted: Thu, 10.11.12 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Wobbly Balls. Boiling White Bile.
Supafunky

PostPosted: Thu, 10.11.12 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwb wrote:
I watched the point and the white player fouled him? was stiff arming him and it was correctly a foul on that one?

All of these question marks are confusing me. I'm not even sure if you watched the point.
bwb

PostPosted: Fri, 10.12.12 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supafunky wrote:
bwb wrote:

All of these question marks are confusing me. I'm not even sure if you watched the point.
I thought I watched the right point, now im not so sure. In the point I saw the guy who caught the disc clearly fouled the other, and the defender called him on it.

I didn't see him get ejected?
bwb

PostPosted: Fri, 10.12.12 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supafunky wrote:
bwb wrote:

also my question marks are in the spirit of fox news Smile, is obama killing babies when the sun goes down? I'm not sure Jody but it sure makes you think.
auxarc

PostPosted: Fri, 10.12.12 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like the right clip. The point is, when you play with observers you have to use a different set of meta rules.

In an unobserved game the disc, in our example, would have gone back to the thrower. In this game it would have been in the receivers' best interest to get the disc back to the thrower so they don't lose possession, unless he was absolutely sure by going to the observer that he would rule no foul.

This doesn't even scratch the surface of how the lack of consistency and quality among observers. I have many points on film from the past two college seasons where players are clearly out or not in the end zone, and a trailing observer goes ahead and calls them in.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely against observers, and I think in the future they will be the norm and not the exception. However, some changes are going to have to happen first.

Last edited by auxarc on Fri, 10.12.12 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Fri, 10.12.12 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i think it's hard to get enough people to become observers to have enough quality ones.

i mean, hess is an observer. that should say enough. (hess, i hope you read these boards still to see this dig on you)

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Fri, 10.12.12 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
Big Wobbly Balls. Boiling White Bile.

This game is fun - Butter White Bread

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Fri, 10.12.12 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
yeah, i think it's hard to get enough people to become observers to have enough quality ones.

i mean, hess is an observer. that should say enough. (hess, i hope you read these boards still to see this dig on you)

My guess is that Hess was going to reply about how he doesn't read the boards anymore because he thinks they're terrible which would actually show that he does read the boards still, but now will probably not reply at all to show how much he really doesn't read the boards anymore, although the best move would be to wait a month, then get on and say something like 'Whoever this Elvin guy is, he's really a moron'.
fluffy

PostPosted: Fri, 10.12.12 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boo bad observers ... yay Casey and Jacob getting observers to make unrequested calls ... boo creating a different set of meta rules the ... yay elephants for $1 with an easy downpayment plan
Supafunky

PostPosted: Sat, 10.13.12 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluffy wrote:
boo bad observers ... yay Casey and Jacob getting observers to make unrequested calls ... boo creating a different set of meta rules the ... yay elephants for $1 with an easy downpayment plan

Elephants?
Chuck

PostPosted: Sat, 10.13.12 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From bwb's signature
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: