advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Winter League 2013    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmohr

PostPosted: Mon, 01.21.13 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great time yesterday. Weather was incredible, never would have imagined that for january 20th.

Had a fairly close win over blue. Casey showed up and played!!! Until it gets cold again... 11-8 was the final i believe. Cam correct me if i'm wrong. they have some height on their team which didnt match up well at all for us. if they can get some more permanent handles, then they will be a tough matchup for any team. stu said he was hurt and it showed. he wasnt as fast and nimble as he usually plays.

Black beat us in ultimate point. Lime took half 7-2 and black battled their way back. They figured out our zone real quick and just shredded it point after point. I think it was 10-10 at one point and lime scored 2 (12-10) but then black made a 3 point run at the end and won 13-12. seemed as though we couldnt keep up with black's stamina. well fought black! the only thing that i didn't like about this game were some fouls/contests that were pretty ridiculous. cameron got jumped on from behind, and the defender didnt even touch the disc, so when he called a foul, it was still contested. the same person also contested a strip call on the mark. ??? and the SAME person called a strip when a free frisbee went up in the air and i came down with it. all of that didnt bother me too much, until i heard schmuck say "i like my team, but they have A LOT of growing up to do. this isnt the way fayetteville ultimate should be played". that set heavy because he said it right after another member of the black team scored, and literally threw the frisbee at brosh's back while we were walking away. very disrespectful. the darkside members are good, but the problem is they know it. learn some humility guys.
DrDoug

PostPosted: Mon, 01.21.13 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great time yesterday, it was really nice out there.

I missed week 1, so imagine my surprise when Purple immediately played a Dog/Baby card on Sand. I had cleverly left Star home, but Kat had Elijah in tow, and that hurt us much more than me missing points. Nonetheless, Sand pulled out its first win of the season, though both Conner and April lost SOTG strength with questionable time-management tactics near the cap.

Blue was our next opponent and though they looked to be the vastly superior squad, we started quickly as LDoc showed up after a self-imposed In-Laws penalty and we took half. However, EO stealthily played a Lightweight card on me ("Hey, have a shot it's my birthday!"),and when Cox hit us with a surprise "Withhold Ibuprofen" play, we had a series of drops and cranky hip flexors in the second half and Blue came back and posted a 2-point win.
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Tue, 01.22.13 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha nice Dr. Doug! Charles talked a little about the game tonight, it sounds hilarious.
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Tue, 01.22.13 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrDoug (has yellow fever too!) wrote:
Conner and April lost SOTG strength with questionable time-management tactics near the cap.

What did I do? I know Conner called a time out with about 4 minutes left, but I would think that's savvy and not unspirited.

Or do you mean when tan tried to say it was cap when there were two minutes left and I said it's not and got on the line?

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
Chuck

PostPosted: Tue, 01.22.13 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Wow wrote:
Haha nice Dr. Doug! Charles talked a little about the game tonight, it sounds hilarious.

It's equal parts nerdy and hilarious, with a touch of gay.
DrDoug

PostPosted: Tue, 01.22.13 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
DrDoug (has yellow fever too!) (has yellow fever too!) wrote:
Conner and April lost SOTG strength with questionable time-management tactics near the cap.

What did I do? I know Conner called a time out with about 4 minutes left, but I would think that's savvy and not unspirited.

Or do you mean when tan tried to say it was cap when there were two minutes left and I said it's not and got on the line?

You called time on our time-out. More importantly, you complained about my Imaginary Winter League Board Game post. Gamemaster, please deduct another SOTG point from April. Laughing Laughing
clayclay

PostPosted: Tue, 01.22.13 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmohr wrote:
Had a great time yesterday. Weather was incredible, never would have imagined that for january 20th.

Had a fairly close win over blue. Casey showed up and played!!! Until it gets cold again... 11-8 was the final i believe. Cam correct me if i'm wrong. they have some height on their team which didnt match up well at all for us. if they can get some more permanent handles, then they will be a tough matchup for any team. stu said he was hurt and it showed. he wasnt as fast and nimble as he usually plays.

Black beat us in ultimate point. Lime took half 7-2 and black battled their way back. They figured out our zone real quick and just shredded it point after point. I think it was 10-10 at one point and lime scored 2 (12-10) but then black made a 3 point run at the end and won 13-12. seemed as though we couldnt keep up with black's stamina. well fought black! the only thing that i didn't like about this game were some fouls/contests that were pretty ridiculous. cameron got jumped on from behind, and the defender didnt even touch the disc, so when he called a foul, it was still contested. the same person also contested a strip call on the mark. ??? and the SAME person called a strip when a free frisbee went up in the air and i came down with it. all of that didnt bother me too much, until i heard schmuck say "i like my team, but they have A LOT of growing up to do. this isnt the way fayetteville ultimate should be played". that set heavy because he said it right after another member of the black team scored, and literally threw the frisbee at brosh's back while we were walking away. very disrespectful. the darkside members are good, but the problem is they know it. learn some humility guys.

What's humility?

We high schoolers embody the words and spirit of Cadillac Jackson.

"My ego's on steroids I can't even spell humble
"H-U-M, fuck it I'm the best"
RandomHero

PostPosted: Tue, 01.22.13 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clayclay wrote:
cmohr wrote:

What's humility?

Are you guys really that unsportsmanlike? Cause if so that's awesome...

Quit bringing up every little call... I disagree with some of your calls too clay mohr but it's ridiculous to hold onto every questionable call
cbrosh

PostPosted: Tue, 01.22.13 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, I havent posted in years... I heard that "the boards" were still being used and thought I would have a look.

Anyway, I love my team and think Lime will kick some ass! How much is to be determined, but we are good. Also, the black team was very lucky to win against us late and I don't see that happening again. Our zone defeated them; they did not figure it out and shred it as stated, they simply quit playing anyone but there starters(something I have always discouraged), and we continued to play everyone and try DIFFERENT looks on D which will help throughout the league. I thought Cam did great keeping us in the game and there will be plenty of miles on our rookies tires by the time the tourny gets here.

Very scared of Orange and Yellow. How Travis goes third round is crazy to me. There are obviously some terrible drafters out there. Paul fourth round? I must be missing something... Anyway, great draft Vikki and CaseyK. Up there with Cam!
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Wed, 01.23.13 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clayclay wrote:

I thought their only lyrics were..

'shake that tamborine I said shake that fucking tamborine'
Supafunky

PostPosted: Tue, 01.29.13 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kearney wrote:
clayclay wrote:
I like how Chuck only reviewed the teams with high school captains.

The Gospel of Jodyism does have a fetish section, doesn't it?

Yes, but consent is a central tenant of Jodyism and a fetish involving people who are under the age of consent would be verboden.
Elvin

PostPosted: Wed, 01.30.13 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supafunky wrote:
Kearney wrote:
clayclay wrote:
I like how Chuck only reviewed the teams with high school captains.

The Gospel of Jodyism does have a fetish section, doesn't it?

Yes, but consent is a central tenant of Jodyism and a fetish involving people who are under the age of consent would be verboden.

However, it's completely acceptable if they are adult captains dressed as high school captains. For example, CKC wearing a Dark Side jersey and talking about his new Taylor Swift album is totally FAPable.
Elvin

PostPosted: Wed, 01.30.13 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*KCK
Larkin17

PostPosted: Sun, 02.24.13 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Wow wrote:

9) Larkin

It pains me to put this team so high, but Larkin has moved up in my rankings from Summer League 2012. This team is simply not scary. And a team with Abe Coffin should never have those words uttered. I can only say that after Larkin's first pick of the draft, he knew only his close group of friends. He did get Corey Duncan, and that will help a lot all around. The high schoolers really seemed to know a little percent of the list of players in league however, as Larkin took many of his friends in rounds that he could have gotten later, and built them around higher valued players by other teams. There is some people I see on this team that will hurt quite a bit, but there is always improvement by players, and they will get the action to work on their skills. Rachael Pellegrino was a great pick, amazing how good she is at running through the disc and not slowing down whatsoever. Girls will have trouble pretending to guard her.

11-1
cmohr

PostPosted: Mon, 02.25.13 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clayclay wrote:
WL Predictions
1. Vikki - Yellow
2. Jody Red
3. Orange Casey K
4. Black - Larkin
5. White - Clayton
6. Pink - Abe
7. Purple - April
8. Lime - Cumbarge
9. Blue - Cox
10. Conner - Tan

current standings
1. yellow/black
3. red
4. lime
5. pink
6. orange/blue
8. white
9. purple/tan

(pre week 7 updates) pretty sure clayton adams has had the best predictions so far this league. congrats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: