advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Busta LIMEs - Winter League 2013    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbrosh

PostPosted: Wed, 01.30.13 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never known high schoolers to have so much experience with this game. What a great thing to have youngsters starting so early. However, evident in our local community of ultimate players, our high schoolers do not understand or respect this game yet. But, I didn't for a long time either. Fact is you should just pone the youngsters no matter what their shitty calls are. They will learn to respect, but they are young. Give them time.

To the youngsters:
Please give an honest effort to learn and respect this game and fellow players. I don't know everything(sometimes not sure if anything), but you all definitely do not know everything either. Learn to play right, learn to be able to call a foul on yourself if need be.

I have seen a contested foul when a player climbed the back of a receiver, effectively tackling him, and an immediate response of his contest. I have also seen a player follow through with his hand into a stationary marks face and a foul was called on the marker. These are both atrocious calls and they need to be understood that way. Please change. However, I KNOW both players had no ill will and were just playing hard. Keep up the intensity.

I hold no grudge with any of these players or any player for that matter(except that asshole with knee pads that played for van burden boys). Again, kids are young and will hopefully learn.
Jacob

PostPosted: Wed, 01.30.13 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbrosh wrote:
I hold no grudge with any of these players or any player for that matter(except that asshole with knee pads that played for van burden boys).

Fuck that guy.
Monster

PostPosted: Wed, 01.30.13 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
It's okay to admit to a foul, it happens. No one here, except maybe Boy of course, is good enough to get 100% clean d's every time they go for them.

You really need to work on your sarcasm. This line should have looked more like this.

ROCOBaller wrote:
It's okay to admit to a foul, it happens. No one here, except maybe Boy, of course, is good enough to get 100% clean d's every time they go for them.

See what I did there? Italics lets everyone know you're trying to convey the opposite of what you're actually saying.

ROCOBaller wrote:
Let's all just take our egos down a couple notches...this is only league.

Woah. Woah. Woah. Don't listen to her guys. This is a trick to make you secretly look bad. Your ego is on the line against every single high schooler you're up against. And everyone knows league is like...your nationals. THIS IS YOUR NATIONALS, DAMNIT! You need to get out there, stand tall, and not get embarrassed by a 15 year old!

*On a completely unrelated note, I heard once that every time you punch a high-schooler, an angel gets its wings. But don't take my word for it. Give it a try. See what happens.
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Thu, 01.31.13 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He must mean it...there were no italics

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
Chuck

PostPosted: Thu, 01.31.13 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Wow

PostPosted: Fri, 02.01.13 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be listening to Ray Lewis pre-game speeches before our White and Red victories. I am prepared for battle this Super Bowl Sunday...

Ive always been told that Im too small, Im not big enough, Im not fast enough, I dont have what it takes. To be the best and stay there, sweat is necessary.

Walter and Jerry had their hills, never being comfortable, with just good enough.
Its right now or never, its right now or never-

I prepare so no one can take what is mine, no one can replace my mind, my heart. I wanna live LOOONG after my records have fallen, long after my rings have tarnished.

And whatever you got to do, to make sure you chase your legacy every second of your life. Will you be remembered, how would you be remembered, why wouldnt u fight for the greatest achievement ever?

LeaveĶYourĶMarkĶ
SharpWill28

PostPosted: Fri, 02.01.13 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Wow wrote:
I will be listening to Ray Lewis pre-game speeches before our White and Red victories. I am prepared for battle this Super Bowl Sunday...

Ive always been told that Im too small, Im not big enough, Im not fast enough, I dont have what it takes. To be the best and stay there, sweat is necessary.

Walter and Jerry had their hills, never being comfortable, with just good enough.

I prepare so no one can take what is mine, no one can replace my mind, my heart. I wanna live LOOONG after my records have fallen, long after my rings have tarnished.

And whatever you got to do, to make sure you chase your legacy every second of your life. Will you be remembered, how would you be remembered, why wouldnt u fight for the greatest achievement ever?

LeaveĶYourĶMarkĶ
And with that...

R.I.P. LS Boards
2003-2013

Though I knew you only a short time, you were good to me. In the beginning you were the lustful slut I would sneak a peek at under the table during 3rd period. Slowly you developed into the girl I hid from my friends, only calling late at night when I was "vulnerable". Now in the last year as you and I both blossomed into the people we are today, I'm proud to say you were mine. You deserved better, but certain lime colored individuals saw fit to beat you with the same bloodied stick until you were dead. I hope in your after life you get the members you deserve. A thousand NWBs, a thousand Jodys, two thousand Evans, and maybe just one April because who else would we voice our frustrations at? I will miss you forever, but we will carry on.

Sincerely,
Will Sharp

P.S. Cam uses deer-antler spray, too.
cmohr

PostPosted: Fri, 02.01.13 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Wow wrote:

LeaveĶYourĶMarkĶ

+1
Even tho im not a ray lewis fan and the 49ers are gonna smack that ass on sunday.
DrDoug

PostPosted: Fri, 02.01.13 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign that kid up!

SharpWill28 wrote:
Cam Wow wrote:

LeaveĶYourĶMarkĶ
And with that...

R.I.P. LS Boards
2003-2013

Though I knew you only a short time, you were good to me. In the beginning you were the lustful slut I would sneak a peek at under the table during 3rd period. Slowly you developed into the girl I hid from my friends, only calling late at night when I was "vulnerable". Now in the last year as you and I both blossomed into the people we are today, I'm proud to say you were mine. You deserved better, but certain lime colored individuals saw fit to beat you with the same bloodied stick until you were dead. I hope in your after life you get the members you deserve. A thousand NWBs, a thousand Jodys, two thousand Evans, and maybe just one April because who else would we voice our frustrations at? I will miss you forever, but we will carry on.

Sincerely,
Will Sharp

ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Fri, 02.01.13 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SharpWill28] and maybe just one April because who else would we voice our frustrations at? [/quote]

yeah, why aren't there cries of outrage towards Will this year???? Did you all know that unpaid players can't play now until they've paid! Not one person yelled at him for actually axing the supplemental for non-new players. He is also making us keep attendence. Pick up some pitchforks people!

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
cmohr

PostPosted: Fri, 02.01.13 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
yeah, why aren't there cries of outrage towards Will this year???? Did you all know that unpaid players can't play now until they've paid! Not one person yelled at him for actually axing the supplemental for non-new players. He is also making us keep attendence. Pick up some pitchforks people!

It's because he's not a woman. Wink
Chuck

PostPosted: Fri, 02.01.13 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Will has heard plenty of complaining so far. In week two there was a bunch of moaning and groaning about something (5-2/6-1 ??). He's surely heard about the inconsistent horn blowing.
[redacted]

Last edited by Chuck on Fri, 02.01.13 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chuck

PostPosted: Fri, 02.01.13 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I don't mean deer antlers.
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Fri, 02.01.13 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't take deer antler, that's weak sauce. Practically a vitamin tablet.
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Fri, 02.01.13 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SharpWill28 wrote:
Cam Wow wrote:

LeaveĶYourĶMarkĶ
And with that...

R.I.P. LS Boards
2003-2013

Sincerely,
Will Sharp

I appreciate the kind words but I want nothing to do with a forum that has 2000 of me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: