advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Busta LIMEs - Winter League 2013    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SharpWill28

PostPosted: Mon, 02.04.13 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't feel like Pat is getting enough credit here. If Pat was more dedicated, he'd be a top player in our community. He is still very good, just maybe not consistently so. Having played with him in the summer, he can make some throws as good as anyone in our league, just don't expect them every play or even every game.
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Mon, 02.04.13 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, Pat is a top talent. Just has been a bit rusty it seems, which made 1st rounder seem like a stretch to me for Jody, but I clearly am wrong after seeing him ball out yesterday
Chuck

PostPosted: Mon, 02.04.13 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat played very well. Anyone who can keep up with (or best) Brosh is worth their salt.
Also wanted to emphasize that Lindsey played every point (once she cleated up) yesterday, a result of being the only lady.
RandomHero

PostPosted: Mon, 02.04.13 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The times they are a changing
Chuck

PostPosted: Mon, 02.04.13 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s.
(+1)'s all around! Even to you, Abe, though I wish you would engage your communication skills a little more in person next time.
Supafunky

PostPosted: Tue, 02.05.13 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
I insist on a plain-English explanation of what the other party thinks happened. In contrast, you knuckleheads just say the call (foul, contest, in, out, up, down, whatever) and demand that I accept your terrible interpretation of the rules without discussing what actually happened.

A few things:
1) I played with Abe this summer and never found him to be arrogant or ignorant of the rules.

2) I don't think the rules require discussion.

3) The rules do say that both sides make their calls and then there are clear actions that follow. I have a certain respect for people who make their calls and are willing to move on immediately based on this aspect of the rules. I have less respect for people who want to argue and discuss most every call.

4) Some discussions are good. Some passion in the discussions is fine. Our game on Sunday had a few passionate comments during discussion, but we all moved on.

5) How do you know that their interpretation is terrible if they don't explain it? Simply because it is counter to yours? Because other players on their team provide terrible explanations? Pretty flimsy evidence in either case.

6) Life lesson to learn playing ultimate is that perspectives of the same event are going to differ based on a host of factors. Finding a way to recognize this, represent your perspective honorably, and finding a path forward in the GAME without diminishing/disrespecting your opponents is the goal.
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Tue, 02.05.13 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought pat played better than yall thought pat played.
Elvin

PostPosted: Tue, 02.05.13 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
purple and black showed great spirit yesterday when i threw a callahan to kaplan. no one shamed me at all.

however, a new word was born: kaplahan

how did I not only miss this, but just now hear about it?
Jacob

PostPosted: Wed, 02.06.13 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbeBabe wrote:
You wouldn't be calling us arrogant pricks would you?
Have you heard what you say to people while they're playing?
I don't care if you bash us, but don't be a hypocrite.

I'd be more concerned that Naseer is not a pragmatic "dick." He lost his a non high-school defender after Sunday. Don't hack my gf and automatically contest.
Supafunky wrote:
Sometimes people... retracted their contest (Jacob).

A dickhead would bluster and immediately contest. I felt the other guy initiated the contact, then I gave him something "extra" for running into me. The call was not getting rescinded after modest discussion.
A pragmatic dickhead would evaluate the consequences of contest/no contest after failing to get Brosh to withdraw the call he made for the receiver. Contesting sends the disc back to Brosh. Not contesting gives the discs to someone else back on the trapped sideline. Easy choice. I can trap that bastard, try to stall/handblock/earn a foul on the mark and give Jody the opportunity to trumpet his SOTG horn.

In conclusion, Jody and Andrea said they hate all of you.
Elvin

PostPosted: Thu, 02.07.13 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
A dickhead would bluster.

haha, weird image
RandomHero

PostPosted: Sat, 02.09.13 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SharpWill28 wrote:
I don't feel like Pat is getting enough credit here. If Pat was more dedicated, he'd be a top player in our community. He is still very good, just maybe not consistently so. Having played with him in the summer, he can make some throws as good as anyone in our league, just don't expect them every play or even every game.

Before I get started let me say I'm not debating this statement or anything like that, I love Pat Randall, I'm so happy he's not a UnT douchebag and that he stayed here in Fayetteville! He also has a lot of skills/potential/athletic ability...

Now onto my rant.... Does this not make you people feel like shit? Someone who simply works out but hardly plays can be one of the "top (elite) talents" in our city. If you love this game so much fucking play it, work out, put some fucking effort into showing up and learning. There's no reason a casual ultimate player should be anything more than a role player in these leagues... And it's completely possible in this city if we weren't such lazy fucks. This is the kind of stuff that turns me off to Fayetteville ultimate... It's not hard to work out an hour a day or go throw with someone. If you're not good at something work on it, don't just come out week after week, league after league and turf your forehands or get out ran over and over.
SharpWill28

PostPosted: Sat, 02.09.13 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:
SharpWill28 wrote:

Before I get started let me say I'm not debating this statement or anything like that, I love Pat Randall, I'm so happy he's not a UnT douchebag and that he stayed here in Fayetteville! He also has a lot of skills/potential/athletic ability...

Now onto my rant.... Does this not make you people feel like shit? Someone who simply works out but hardly plays can be one of the "top (elite) talents" in our city. If you love this game so much fucking play it, work out, put some fucking effort into showing up and learning. There's no reason a casual ultimate player should be anything more than a role player in these leagues... And it's completely possible in this city if we weren't such lazy fucks. This is the kind of stuff that turns me off to Fayetteville ultimate... It's not hard to work out an hour a day or go throw with someone. If you're not good at something work on it, don't just come out week after week, league after league and turf your forehands or get out ran over and over.

lol
Chuck

PostPosted: Sat, 02.09.13 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SharpWill28 wrote:
RandomHero wrote:
SharpWill28 wrote:

lol

Plus one.
eeville

PostPosted: Sat, 02.16.13 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are scores updated? Wasn't sure which week we were on.
Chuck

PostPosted: Tue, 02.19.13 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeville wrote:
Are scores updated? Wasn't sure which week we were on.

Hey, this thread is for official Busta Limes business ONLY!!
Smile

As for last weekend, we (Lime, Orange, and Yellow) had a slight personnel shortage. Absent from Lime were:
Brosh
Toby
Alan
Doug W
Nathan
Julien
Brandon
Trent
Brandy
Alegra
Lindsey

So we played savage.
Yellow had seven + Vlada.
Orange had seven + Dan, who left early with an injury.

Sadly, our savage skills were not enough to beat either team. We DID manage to score 3 or 4 times against Orange, though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: