advanced search

Username:    Password:   

What do we stand for?   
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andria

PostPosted: Mon, 03.11.13 2:48 pm    Post subject: What do we stand for? Reply with quote

http://skydmagazine.com/2013/03/what-do-we-stand-for/
Great article. What do you guys think?
Supafunky

PostPosted: Tue, 03.12.13 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"we played because it was fun é─ý and we played hard because we wanted respect, and we played fair because we wanted self-respect."

Simply. Awesome.

"What I did not love was participating in a culture of jocks. There was a whole caste of guys who couldné─˘t feel good unless they were putting someone down."

Agree completely with the sentiment. How do I reconcile with a heckling culture that I love?

"When we are at our best, we doné─˘t give a shit that most people doné─˘t understand what we train for. [...] We have the balls to be ourselves."

Much love.
DrDoug

PostPosted: Wed, 03.13.13 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supafunky wrote:
"we played because it was fun é─ý and we played hard because we wanted respect, and we played fair because we wanted self-respect."

Simply. Awesome.

"What I did not love was participating in a culture of jocks. There was a whole caste of guys who couldné─˘t feel good unless they were putting someone down."

Agree completely with the sentiment. How do I reconcile with a heckling culture that I love?

"When we are at our best, we doné─˘t give a shit that most people doné─˘t understand what we train for. [...] We have the balls to be ourselves."

Much love.

There are lots of these kinds of lines in that article that resonate with why I (still) (try to) play ultimate.

As for the heckling, classic jocks are terrible hecklers as they tend to confuse heckling with mere trash talk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: