Centex 2014   
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clayclay

PostPosted: Tue, 03.18.14 1:03 pm    Post subject: Centex 2014 Reply with quote

Arkansas went 2-5 at Centex.

Lost to Wisconsin 15-7.
Lost to Oregon 15-10.
Lost to Arizona State 14-12.
Lost to Northern Iowa 12-11 (More on that later)
Beat Tulane 13-7
Beat Cincinnati 11-5
Lost to Minnesota 14-7

Not much to say about the Wisconsin and Oregon games. We didn't come out with intensity against Wisconsin or Oregon and it showed. We played better against Oregon though.

Against Arizona State, we went down 8-4 at half. In the 2nd half, our O finally started clicking and we went on a 3-0 run to get back into the game. From then on, we traded until we broke again to tie the game at 12's. However, Arizona State took the last 2 points to win. Looking back, this game was a missed opportunity to break seed in our pool. However, it wasn't as much of a missed opportunity as the next game.

We went up 4-1 against Northern Iowa. We took half 8-6 and when the 2nd half, he wind picked up and turned the game into an upwind-downwind game. We were up 10-9 on a downwind point when a mistake in our red zone led to a turn and a subsequent UNI huck they pulled down near the end zone. After a timeout, UNI punched it in for the score and the upwind break. Eventually, the game was tied at 11's with LS going upwind on D. UNI had the disc at mid-field and hucked it towards the end zone. This led to an ugly ending. The UNI receiver dropped the pass and it appeared we had the disc back but he but called a foul on Wes (a terrible call). I couldn't hear his reasoning but after another questionable call earlier in the game that took a point away from his, I didn't trust UNI's knowledge of the rules. Unfortunately, we didn't have observers so the disc went back and UNI eventually punched the disc in for the score. I don't want to make an excuse for why we lost the game but I think it's something to point out. Of course, the game shouldn't have been that close. We shouldn't have given up the upwind break. Our loss was made more disappointing when UNI came out the next morning and beat Texas in quarters and placed 3rd at the tournament. We knew that could have been us. Nonetheless, we made it a goal to finish in 9th place and break seed on Sunday.

Our games against Tulane and Cincinnati were good games that displayed our potential. We went on a 6-0 run to finish our game against Tulane and a 9-0 run to beat Cincinnati.

The Minnesota game was the last of the tournament and after the score was 5-2, we opened up the lines to rookies.

Overall, a great tournament. Some freshmen stepped up and provided key performances and our upperclassmen played huge. Looking forward to Sectionals and hopefully Regionals.
Monster

PostPosted: Sun, 03.23.14 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good read. Keep the tourney recaps coming.
Chuck

PostPosted: Sun, 03.23.14 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster wrote:
Keep the tourney recaps coming.

riiiiiiight...
I'm still waiting for a week 2 WL recap!
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Tue, 03.25.14 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
Monster wrote:
Keep the tourney recaps coming.

riiiiiiight...
I'm still waiting for a week 2 WL recap!

for real though..bangin ass italicizing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: