advanced search

Username:    Password:   

"It's just summer league"...    Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Tue, 07.08.14 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
I speculate that new players getting hug-marked by 6'3" men isn't doing us any good.

I speculate that high school Sara Taylor would argue.
Elvin

PostPosted: Tue, 07.08.14 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
Another thing that is keeping some from playing (e.g. Garrett B, for as long as I've known him) is ignorance of some fundamentals. Mostly positioning. Now, I wish that Garrett's captain had never chewed him out for not holding the **** force all those years ago, but maybe more teaching would have prevented some hurt feelings and his indefinite hiatus from FDA.

So...

Garrett - "I didn't hold the ****force and my captain chewed me out."
Chuck - "How long have you been playing?"
Garrett - "I'm pretty new at it."
Chuck - "Then why didn't you read up and practice on how to hold a force before you came out and played in the first place?"
Garrett - "I just wanted to come out and see if I liked it or not."
Chuck - "Well, we at the FDA are trying to grow the sport/community with sportsmanship and overall goodwill so next time you come out make sure you know the goddamn rules and you won't get yelled at maybe."
Elvin

PostPosted: Tue, 07.08.14 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
So you want me to have less authority *and* more authority? Normally I look forward to your rebuttal, but this just smacks of the same old "you think you could do better?!" rhetoric.

I think he was saying that bitching about FDA and then not running for a position is kind of a bitch move.
Elvin

PostPosted: Tue, 07.08.14 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
**** force

What is a ****force? Is **** code for cock? He didn't hold the cock force?
Elvin

PostPosted: Tue, 07.08.14 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies and Gentlemen, this session of "Elvin's guide to fluffin'" is now over.
Chuck

PostPosted: Wed, 07.09.14 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely, I was able to find a coherent point or two in that insane morass of non sequitors and sensationalism.

Re: "slipping in 'rules understanding' "
When Vikki catches the disc with her shirt, it's laughable (and illegal).
When players clap their hands overhead on a "brick", that's tradition.
When Charlie insists that picks cant be called "behind the thrower", I face-palm and save it for BS conversations with you.

But when (new) players are being discouraged and physically injured because of a gross violation of a few key rules, that's to our shame. Again, those rules involve disc space and physical contact.

I don't know all the rules, and I certainly don't care about how many metres the brick mark is from the goal line. We're talking about maybe 3 big concepts that we have all been trained to do wrong - by the club and college scene, no less! See [Doublewide's championship season] and [Horrorzontals, ca. 2010-2012]

----

Re: "bitching about FDA and then not running for a position is kind of a bitch move"
I'm "bitching" about things over which the FDA has little control. They can't really do anything to enforce the rules, short of having neutral observers run the games. In case you missed it in all but that one section of the rules, there's not really a penalty for doing *anything* in our sport (until you get to the observer level). Maybe throwing while in "continuation"...?

TL;DR - I'm not bitching about the FDA. I want players to take personal responsibility for growing in some specific areas.

So keep taking potshots at me from the comfort of your keyboard - I can certainly handle some of my own medicine. But if you care about the sport, the FDA, and our community, let's get a beer and talk about it. You can even post a summary on the "boards" after!

p.s. I'm planning on running at my next opportunity. Last December wasn't a good time for me to join the EC, as I was entering a 6-month hiatus.
Elvin

PostPosted: Fri, 07.11.14 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, don't accuse me of being one of those people who hide behind a keyboard. I only hide behind a keyboard when jerking off to things that I would, in real life, be really embarrassed to admit to (and really, it's not even what I'm watching, just the scrumtralescent nothings I'm whispering to myself as I pull and poke). Second of all, fuck this Charlie guy straight to hell. Third of all, I'm sure now, and even when I was originally posting, that some of the points you made that I was contesting were just a matter of, you know, internet messaging boarding confusion, but I really just love heckling you and Cum 'The Cumbarge' Barge on here so don't get your white cotton granny panties pushed over to the side...I mean, in a wad in your mouth...sorry I'm doing that thing I was talking about earlier but you get the idea. Or continue to do so, because if you didn't I would probably not even log on to LS-Ultimate anymore.
Chuck

PostPosted: Fri, 07.11.14 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus one like
tease

PostPosted: Sun, 07.13.14 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvin wrote:
Chuck wrote:
I speculate that new players getting hug-marked by 6'3" men isn't doing us any good.

I speculate that high school Sara Taylor would argue.

Hug marked by 6'3" men? nom nom nom nom nom nom nom .....nom nom nom....nom nom ... nom nom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: