advanced search

Username:    Password:   

WL 2015 Power Rankings   
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Tue, 01.13.15 4:53 pm    Post subject: WL 2015 Power Rankings Reply with quote

Week 1:And then there were 2...parity in this league seems to be high. These are Power Rankings, not Standings. These ranks are biased, and not strictly ordered by wins and losses.

1) Navy (2-0) - Girls dominated, and team was resilient both games in the second half. Sheehan wasn't cold.

2) Pink (2-0) - Jody and Andrew Luck both won this week.

3) Yellow (1-1) - "Are we EVER going to sub?!?"

4) Light Blue (1-1) - First game came out cold, second game made big time comeback over Orange in the second half. Sightings of Casey Boy smh's.

5) Maddy (1-1) - The top seed in Predictions already has a blemish on the record. Curious how it went down, perhaps girl matchups? Attendance issue?

6) Purple (1-1) - Ross's team shocked the world, beating Will Sharp's black team. The true underdog story.

7) Black (1-1) - "Wes hurt his butt."

8) Lime (1-1) - From an anonymous source: "Kaplan is really good at ultimate, just not playing with other people some times"

9) Orange (0-2) - Carrie's team had let-downs in both games in the second half. Something that will not continue for league, and should get fixed.

10) Green (0-2) - "Dark Horse yo, watch yo backs"[/b]
Supafunky

PostPosted: Thu, 01.15.15 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate the #2 power ranking. Considering your own bias put you at #1, i have a good sense of where I actually stand. Really had a great time playing with my team on Sunday and happy with our performance, especially considering we didn't have Kearney, Joe Bell or Becca.

Can't believe you dropped lime to #8. They lost to us by 1 point and it was a good battle between two top teams.

Red did not have any male subs, but they had good players (Jacob, Bitler, Corey, +1). Jon Mills wasn't playing. We were up 1 at half and then ran away with it in the 2nd.
Chuck

PostPosted: Thu, 01.15.15 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are all the teams listed by color, except "Maddy"?

You do realize that she's not Asian, right Cam??
cmohr

PostPosted: Thu, 01.15.15 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, I don't think light blue deserves the 4 spot after a weak performance. they lost pretty handily to yellow 10-2, and made a late comeback against your 9 team.

did you put the 1-1 teams in a hat and pull them out randomly?
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Thu, 01.15.15 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude I mistype something every time I write about Maddy's team. My mistake! Hindsight light blue may be a bit high. I didn't use a hat tho haha.
mabrown

PostPosted: Thu, 01.15.15 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and/or my name is Cameron and one time i paid Maddy $20 so my team could be navy and her team would end up being whatever color but who actually cares
RandomHero

PostPosted: Sun, 01.18.15 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmohr wrote:
also, I don't think light blue deserves the 4 spot after a weak performance. they lost pretty handily to yellow 10-2, and made a late comeback against your 9 team.

did you put the 1-1 teams in a hat and pull them out randomly?

Lol you got lucky buddy.
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Mon, 01.19.15 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 2: All we are is hucks in the wind. All we are is hucks in the winnnnnnnnnd.

1) Pink (4-0) - The last undefeated team. This team moves this disc slow and well. Winter League isn't the league where you need speed, and they certainly don't, but they work well together and keep their composure better than other teams have.

2) Lime (3-1) - "Andrea killed us all game" - Anonymous opponent yesterday

3) Light Blue - "Casey Boy throws it to himself on the swing, Casey Boy hits an incut to himself, Casey Boy hucks it to Red Bandana for the point! I can't believe it!" - Jim Nantz

4) Navy (2-2) - Two close games ended with Navy praying for less wind the rest of league. There strengths were diminished and their weaknesses were extremely obvious.

5) Maddy Red (2-2) - Wind like yesterday doesn't show a true picture of how this league will turn out. I expect Red to be better than Green, despite their epic destruction against them yesterday.

6) Black (2-2) - Two thoughts, "I miss Sheehan" and "Wes is just unstoppable"

7) Green (2-2) - "Dark horse watch yo baaaaaacks!" Correct statement indeed.

8 ) Yellow (1-3) - Notes from game 2 against Lime, Kap jumps higher than Clay, Adeeb looks like he is getting really good, Andrea is really good.

9) Purple (1-3) - Not as much of a pushover team as it might seem on paper, days like yesterday in the wind will make it even harder for them, but this team has some more wins in the upcoming season. The True Underdog Story.

10) Orange (0-4) - Carrie's captaining has proved very valuable to start this season. This season hasn't started as she had hoped, but she's keeping her team confident, positive, and ready to turn it around. Her team plays hard for her, much like the Jets players did for Head Coach Rex Ryan when they were not winning. There will be no give up in this team. However, I have noticed a trend of Abe Gambert teams being low record teams in leagues. Interesting, but probably nothing.
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Fri, 01.30.15 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize how many people would actually ask me where my week 3 rankings were. Sorry guys, I've been out of internet and a lazy butt. Now, without further ado....

Week 3 Power Rankings

1. Pink (5-1) - This team was the one I was most wrong about. I misjudged Krep's impact on this team. He's always been able to sky other players without lifting his feet off of the ground, but he's primarily playing handle this winter, and his throws have been on point. The last two weeks have been super windy, and Kreps is showing that his throws are a big strength to this team's chances of winning on Jody's birthday.

2. Light Blue (5-1) - Opposing teams think they're prepared for this team, they think they can Rockstar Casey Boy and slow this team down. Even with the wind these last two weeks, Casey's led this team to a 5 game win streak since losing the season opener. If we had a Winter League MVP, he's hands down the frontrunner as of now.

3. Lime (5-1) - Tulsa players typically get overlooked in the draft, or they drop a few rounds more than they should due to the risk of spotty attendance. Larkin's gamble has paid off so far, as Gabe has been the glue this team needed. Besides doing Gainers running up to the line, he's been that solid upfield cutter Kap has needed on this team. Seriously though, gainers to the line that s*** crazy man haha.

4. Navy (3-3) - Kat Thacker does not go less than 100% on the ultimate field. Whether it's running through the disc to get a D on an in-cut, or scoring game winning hucks over Sebastian, she makes a handful of plays every game that make you say "Wow!". As I've said before, this team has top talent females, and they give us a fighter's chance every game. We've lost three games by a total of 3 points.

5. Black (3-3) - Haven't gotten to see this team play yet, but I've heard that they would be better if they could get Wes upfield where he belongs. With the crazy wind we've been having it's understandable that every team has had to put some more experienced players back to handle. An anonymous source told me that "Pat Randall needs to step it up a notch with his throws and be more consistent." Side note: Matthew and Mary Gentry are having a Super Bowl party #letsgetgronk

6. Red (3-3) - Adam Schefter voice: "My sources tell me there is a real loss for words as to what's going wrong with the team. On paper they're a top end team, but perhaps they're taking a bit longer to gel together than some other teams. If this doesn't get turned around in the next few weeks, you can expect that the owner is going to make big changes this offseason."

7. Green (3-3) - Most spirited team I've played. Sebastian can be an intense player, but several times in the game he was very spirited, not argumentative, and made good calls. It's a competitive game, but he's the example of how you can play hard as hell, and still follow the rules of the game. Props to Seabass!

8. Yellow (2-4) - I've heard this team has had major issues with the wind. They're crossing their fingers this Sunday will be better weather.

9. Orange (0-6) - This team WILL win some games. They WILL, they WILL, they WILL! I went to pickup Thursday, and it was half Orange team. Where the hell is everybody, get your a** out there and let's get some good pickup going! Anyways, Jacob Klusmeier is the real deal. Got to play him in pickup, and he can ball (with a frisbee).

10. Purple (1-5) - Poor Clayton Adams, second winter league in a row he's purple team and a losing team.
clayclay

PostPosted: Sat, 01.31.15 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullshit Jacobs good but my team has won a game. Once Abe leaves, we're gonna destroy them. (But Jacobs really good)
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Sat, 01.31.15 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Showdown in Purple Orange town!
Monster

PostPosted: Wed, 02.04.15 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone loves power rankings. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: