advanced search

Username:    Password:   

WL 2016 Preseason Rankings   
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Sat, 01.16.16 5:08 am    Post subject: WL 2016 Preseason Rankings Reply with quote

Welcome to the WL 2016 Preseason Rankings! We're delighted to have you join us on this great Friday night/morning. This year's Preseason Rankings were tough, because there were many evenly matched teams, but the rankings have finally been decided.

WL 2016 Preseason Rankings

1) Red

Jody is the master at selling the other captain's on the round he should have to take himself. This team is the favorite, because Jody's coaching and leadership always bring out the most of his roster. If any other captain drafted the teams Jody did, they wouldn't win half the games. This year, the players that Jody doesn't have to teach are what makes this team so dangerous. Hannah Cole is an animal out there, and combining those two with Wax and Corey Duncan gives them a great core group to build around.

2) Green

This team looks deeper than this Red Baron Deep Dish Pizza I'm currently munching on right now. Taylor did an excellent job of drafting this time, going for value over JBU. I picture Klus swinging it to Vikki, and her ripping it deep to Bustin and Taylor Stamps quite a bit. The rest of the roster is a bit of a mystery to me personally, but that core just looks too good to not put here. This team can move their Core Team to different positions all over the field too. I really like Taylor Stamps game as a Middle. I think the best Middles are those who can make the "In-Cut" and have good enough throws/decisions to send it or continue the disc, but can also "go deep" and read the disc. Taylor is a good example of a well rounded Middle, that a newer player should watch and learn from.

3) Black

Did anybody besides myself make money on the night of the draft by betting that Will would pick the color Black? Will took two speed demons in Drew Hutchinson and Marcus Payne, and combining that with April and Whitney makes this team intriguing. I could see this team being a better Summer League team than Winter League team, due to the need for speed being less, and the need for cutters who can throw being more valuable. Drew Hutchinson is that next guy to develop into a force to be reckoned with, however I don't see as big of a difference in his game and Sam Franklin's as others might. If Drew Hutchinson can play to the Superstar ranking he was given, then this team should have no problem this league, but I have a feeling Drew's talents are more beneficial to Summer League, unless he improves as a throwing cutter.

4) White

This team has Pat (and his friend), so I am calling it "Team Sexy". This team has one of the best chances of combining winning and having fun , thanks to John Schmuecker. There's nobody else I would rather play on a team with on a Sunday. Jacob Moore's backhand is one of the prettiest in the league, and is a real benefit to a Winter League team. Combining Jacob's backhand with Cameron's forehand could cause problems for teams that like to force Cameron's team backhand to eliminate those dirty, dirty flicks. I heard Cameron is going for the award of Comeback Player of the League, even if he has to make the award himself because it doesn't exist.

5) Orange

Mary and Matthew were not a package this year...she just picked him anyways. This team has to be the fastest team in the league. If it's windy this team will have more of an issue. Going down there whole roster I don't see anyone that can shred a zone in the wind. I just see athletic players/cutters that can continue to work the field play after play. Sometimes you need a good Bjax/Vikki/Boy huck to flip field position, and that could be a downfall we see from this team if it's a windy league.

6) Navy

Casey K didn't draft the deepest of teams, but Bjax, Carrie and Casey K could carry this team to some wins. Players like Cody McGuire will have to really step up to the cutter role to help this team consistently move the disc.

7) Purple

This team has a good handle core, but could have issues matching up on defense. T-Rav and Treanor are very fast, but besides those two individuals I don't see a lot of speed anywhere else. This team is the exact opposite of Orange. One of these teams will be 7th, I just am not for certain which skill set will win this battle.

Cool Pink

This isn't Kaplan's team......he didn't sign up. Someone else has chosen the role of the Last Place Pink team this year, and that man is Barry. Barry went with some other variable for drafting other than value, as he picked people on several occasions that could've been selecting on the way back the next round. That really adds up when you compare each matchup you select, and you will see this on the field. On a bright note, this team most likely will have beer....and other activities to enjoy. Sam Franklin is still under-rated although improving a lot in recent years, he could really take another step forward on this team, getting lots of action each point. Along with several others, he should probably do RUB this year, which is our competitive developmental club team (had to get that advertisement in there).

May the force be with your team this season! See y'all Sunday!
Monster

PostPosted: Sat, 01.23.16 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, where are the starting 7? Where is your bench breakdown? You seriously want me to go back and open another post to figure out if your opinions are the lest bit intelligible? Ugh. Prediction fail.
Chuck

PostPosted: Sun, 01.24.16 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster wrote:
Dude, where are the starting 7? Where is your bench breakdown? You seriously want me to go back and open another post to figure out if your opinions are the lest bit intelligible? Ugh. Prediction fail.

And not a single mention of cream pies... Man, Cam is such an idiot! Granted, he only has to update twice to be the best commentary on FDA ultimate in the last two years.
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Mon, 01.25.16 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: WL 2016 Preseason Rankings Reply with quote

Cam Wow wrote:
5) Orange

This team has to be the fastest team in the league.!

Have you seen Drew and/or Marcus run? Maybe it's time to bring back the league Olympics during the tournament and have a sprint off...

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Mon, 02.01.16 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they're fast, but I still got money on Andrea Wink
Monster

PostPosted: Sat, 03.05.16 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo Cam, time to up your game.

SUPA 2016 Spring League Draft - Initial Impression
A quick breakdown of the SUPA 2016 Spring League Draft. Four captain interviews, initial impressions, draft steals, draft reaches, and all the main story lines from the night's main event.
http://www.spreaker.com/user/supa_pod/supa-2016-spring-league-draft-initial-im

SUPA 2016 Spring League Breakdown Part I
Nick and Dax analyze team Iron Man, Punisher, Quicksilver, and Deadpool, exploring each team's strengths, weaknesses, X-factors and more!
http://www.spreaker.com/user/supa_pod/supa-2016-spring-league-breakdown-part-i

SUPA 2016 Spring League Breakdown Part II
Nick and Dax analyze team Lady Deathstrike, Hulk, Dr. Doom, and Black Widow, exploring each team's strengths, weaknesses, X-factors and more!
http://www.spreaker.com/user/supa_pod/supa-2016-spring-league-breakdown-part-i_1
cmohr

PostPosted: Mon, 03.14.16 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam's predicted results
1 red
2 green
3 black
4 white
5 orange
6 navy
7 purple
8 pink

Actual results
1 red (0)
2 orange (3)
3 black (0)
4 white (0)
5 navy (1)
6 pink (2)
7 green (5)
8 purple (1)

Cam was off 12 points this league. You suck
Chuck

PostPosted: Tue, 03.15.16 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmohr wrote:

Yeah I'm never voting for *that* jerk to be on the EC!
cmohr

PostPosted: Tue, 03.15.16 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
cmohr wrote:

Yeah I'm never voting for *that* jerk to be on the EC!

better to have run and lost, than to never have run at all?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: