advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Next year's budget   
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMarsh

PostPosted: Wed, 04.23.03 5:28 pm    Post subject: Next year's budget Reply with quote

I just spent three hours creating our budget request for next year.

Our total request (expenses - income) was $12,978.00.

expenses - $20,078.00
income - $7,100.00 (dues = $150.00/traveling player)

I would say both figures might be a little high, but if one is under, it's definetely going to be expenses.

We will probably get around $4000.00 from U of A. Where will the other $9,000 come fror? Fund raising? Our of pocket?

I also didn't include the fact that we will be in the hole after this semester by about $1500.00.

Here's the tournamet list I used:

Club Sectionals
Club Regionals
Harvest
(I did not use WUFF, too far, too expensive, I would rather go to Pres.'s Day)
Fallout
(I did not use THC or Hendrix's)
President's Day
Mardi Gras
Terminus
(I did not use High Tide, and assumed cheap hotel rooms instead of condo during the week)
Easterns
College Sectionals, Regionals, and Nationals!

Start saving your dough!

Daniel
Monster

PostPosted: Wed, 04.23.03 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gg

Last edited by Monster on Sun, 12.30.12 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
ferrisbueller

PostPosted: Wed, 04.23.03 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Next year's budget Reply with quote

(I did not use WUFF, too far, too expensive, I would rather go to Pres.'s Day)
---Got to qualify for President's Day somehow. We're not an attractive team to a competitive tournament unless we prove it at a big tournament. Oh yeah, and if for some reason we suck ass at the tournament then it doesn't crew up our record because it is in the fall, thus validating the team getting into better tournaments the next year.
President's Day
-----Gotta get in somehow.
Mardi Gras
---No. 15-1 in two years there and haven't been promoted to the A bracket. Waste of time and money.
Terminus
(I did not use High Tide, and assumed cheap hotel rooms instead of condo during the week)
-----Why should the club pay for one's spring break hotel room or condo? Maybe transportation out there because we are already playing in atlanta and lodging during a tournament, but not during the week that is YOUR spring break and not the CLUB'S.
Easterns
College Sectionals, Regionals, and Nationals!
DMarsh

PostPosted: Wed, 04.23.03 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if we do well at WUFF, we then won't be able to afford to go to Pres. Day. A&M got in this year and so did San Diego B.

Mardi Gras - it was our fault we didn't get into the A-bracket this year. It's still a cheap tournament compared to all the other touranments we would be going to. I wouldn't mind dropping it though.

Spring break trip - that's why people have to put in an extra $75 for the spring break trip. We can't expect people to go to Terminus, then go back to Fayetteville, then drive to Wilmington. We should at least pay for some of it with club money.

Daniel
Joel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed, 04.23.03 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Next year's budget Reply with quote

ferrisbueller wrote:

---No. 15-1 in two years there and haven't been promoted to the A bracket. Waste of time and money.

Year one: no way did we deserve to start in the A bracket we should have started in the B and might have moved up to A

Last year: got a fair seed and should have been able to win our pool and move up to A. Our fault and nobody else's
DMarsh

PostPosted: Wed, 04.23.03 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,

I like the hog disc idea at football games. I think we could sell at least 30 discs per game if not several hundred. I wonder who we need to talk to.

Daniel
ferrisbueller

PostPosted: Wed, 04.23.03 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point about Mardi Gras, but if we don't start in the A bracket next year, I don't think we should go.

Best case scenario is that we go to WUFF and do well earning respect to get us into President's Day (which is early in the spring, so recovery from injury time is greater). Go to Mardi Gras or don't, I don't care. Then go to Terminus and drop Easterns allowing for some recovery time before the real season. Dropping Easterns will save the money for lodging that you pruposed during the week.
RyanVR

PostPosted: Thu, 04.24.03 12:33 am    Post subject: my view Reply with quote

personally i don't care which tournaments we go to overall so i won't speak about those.

However, regarding High Tide---i personally view it as far far far too expensive. I havent' gone the two years so i guess i don't know just how much fun you all have drinking at the beach. In general though, i hate to hear a)we are in debt and then hear b)we didn't get a ONE THOUSAND dollar deposit back and c)the condos themselves cost what...3k??????

think of what we could have done with the 1k deposit alone (if we do in fact not get it back)

Selling discs like mad sounds like a sure bet, but the question is..do we have money to buy the discs in the first place anymore.

Anyways,
Back to drinking lots of water to get hydrated for this weekend (wink wink)
Joel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu, 04.24.03 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if necessary, I will put up some money for buying discs.
RyanVR wrote:
b)we didn't get a ONE THOUSAND dollar deposit back and c)the condos themselves cost what...3k??????

As daniel pointed out, every guy that went to savanah paid an extra $75 that comes out to a little over 1100, plus the men only paid 2 thousand for the condos, and we don't know yet about the deposit (i think bill mock is talking to the landlady).

If we don't get the deposit back, that will be unfortunate, but if we do, that comes out to 1000 bucks the club paid for housing. If we had crammed into 2 hotel rooms and gotten a good deal (I'm guessing we could, at best have gotten 80 bucks a night with sp. break/st patty's day prices), not stayed the extra day at the end, and had the club pay for it like a normal tourny, we could have saved a whopping...... almost $100

high tide is expensive but you make it sound like we just threw 4000 bucks away.
DMarsh

PostPosted: Thu, 04.24.03 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we got the deposit back, but remember we only get $666 of it and the girls get $333. Or am I wrong?

Daniel
Joel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu, 04.24.03 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we paid for all of the deposit. I'll ask IRUS if she knows.
bwb

PostPosted: Thu, 04.24.03 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMarsh wrote:
we got the deposit back, but remember we only get $666 of it and the girls get $333. Or am I wrong?

Daniel
daniel im 99% sure we paid for the deposit because if we lost it the women were going to have to give us 333 to help cover
bwb

PostPosted: Thu, 04.24.03 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i don't care what touranaments we go to, i like going to tournaments every other week or more often though, i think the current tournaments we are going to are fine for the simple reason THAT WE DON'T WIN ANY OF THEM , I mean we talk about better competition but we can't yet deal with what is already on our plate, ill move up to better tournaments when we can start easily winning the ones we currently go to

also mardi gra was our falt, we blew that game, an A team does not loose those sorts of games, which is why we won the b bracket
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: