advanced search

Username:    Password:   

How are practices going?   
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMarsh

PostPosted: Mon, 09.13.04 1:35 pm    Post subject: How are practices going? Reply with quote

What are practices like so far? Any killer new kids? How many players? What are you working on?

The biggest difference between UBC's first week of practices and LS's is that the average UBC "new player" has played several years of competitve ultimate. There are very few, if any, "new players" that are actually new to ultimate, but rather they are only "new" because they are new to the team. In two practices we have already covered vertical and horo offense, completely. Today we are learning our offensive plays (all ten of them), and on wednesday we are working on zone O and D. We have to be teaching this fast because Canadian College Nationals are in four weeks.

After playing with and against Furious and Empire, I've put in a lot of thought to strategy lately, and I have some recommendations for LS. I don't have time to spell them out here.

D Marsh

-- Nick Drake/William Blake
jon perry

PostPosted: Mon, 09.13.04 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel if you want to go to UPA nationals let me know this week so I can put you on the sticky roster.
DMarsh

PostPosted: Mon, 09.13.04 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let you know by the end of the week - I'm still considering it. The biggest factor right now is money for a plane ticket.

RyanVR

PostPosted: Mon, 09.13.04 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Practices are going pretty well. We are still getting 3-8 new players at a time to some practices so we aren't going all out on plays or anything yet. Still in the one drill and scrimmage mode.

Ryan
DMarsh

PostPosted: Mon, 09.13.04 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the dates for regionals and nationals?

Daniel

DMarsh

PostPosted: Mon, 09.13.04 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ajax,

I'm out. Regionals is the weekend before Canadian College Nationals, and UPA Nationals is a week and a half after that. I don't have the time or the money to do more than one, so I"m going to play with the guys I'm practicing with. Plus, I'm looking forward to playing against Jam, Sockeye, and Furious at UPA sectionals with UBC. I'm going to miss playing with Sticky. Good luck.

Daniel

Monster

PostPosted: Mon, 09.13.04 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daniel- practice is going very well. we are still in pretty basic stuff as most guys don't know much about ultimate. we do have some great potential recruits though. right now, at every open practice we have enough for 2 fields. i think this weekend is really going to be a great time to see how everyone is doing, will post more after that.

nick

p.s. are you coming back for harvest?
DMarsh

PostPosted: Tue, 09.14.04 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not be coming to Harvest for several reasons. I don't want to buy a plane ticket to Fayetteville before Regionals because I won't know if Sticky Fingers will be at Harvest. I can't afford to buy a ticket after regionals. Plus, I think grad school is going to be tough, and Fridays and Mondays are my most important days. I'll be home for Christmas.

Daniel

jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Tue, 09.14.04 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too bad christmas only comes around once a year
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: