advanced search

Username:    Password:   

In Tokyo now    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doughboy

PostPosted: Wed, 07.28.04 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On JNN`s evening news today there was a particularly interesting story....

JNN provides Japanese news with an English translation for foreigners and Japanese that want to keep practicing their English...

So the reporter starts talking about an story that is making "quite a stir" in American news....Mrs. Kerry said "Shove it"....oh dear oh dear...so the Japanese reporter asked a Harvard graduate to please explain the meaning of `shove it`....he explains that it literally means "push it", but the translator goes on to kindly explain that in this particular case it means "shove it up your ass, meaning anal passage"...

anyways, just thought I`d share that...I`m glad some Japanese are learning useful English
Sitton

PostPosted: Wed, 07.28.04 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, Kishidan was at south by southwest earlier this year. They were walking the streets with their crazy hair and posse passing out flyers and kleenex packages, I still have those kleenex things. Man, they are tough.
Doughboy

PostPosted: Sat, 07.31.04 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yey! I drank two beers and saw some fireworks tonight...can`t believe they let me be....a normal 21 year old Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

2 days left!
RyanVR

PostPosted: Sat, 07.31.04 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, you are counting down the days till you head back from Japan, where you don't have to do anything strenuous. I too am counting down the days but each day in between now and then pretty much sucks for my body.

Monday: 11 mile night hike (starts at midnight) then SULE II (small unit leadership evaluation 2) for the rest of the day until around 7 pm

Tuesday: individual drill evaluation and drill written test (semi easy day but important)

Wednesday: Final physical fitness test and platoon drill evaluation (which we are hoping to win)

Thursday: Combat readiness test (rope climb, 3 mile run, pushups, fireman's carry, obstacles all in helmet with canteens and rifle and boots/trousers on)

Friday: 6 mile individual timed run

Saturday: 6 mile company motivational run

Thats just the PT for the days, rest of the day is a bunch of other crap that will suck but we all see the light at the end of the tunnel.

The 9th week boards that are pretty much the last time people will get dropped are on Thursday and if i make it to Saturday without breaking, i know i will graduate.

Therefore..for me there are 13 full days left.

I too miss playing ultimate, actually i don't know if mentioned it but i saw about 20 Marines out on the PT field here throwing a disc and running all high school style so I think ultimate has spread to even the military ha. If i graduate and get commissioned i'll start the Marine Corps team and it will rock.

Bye for now,
Candidate Von Rembow
Alpha Company 5th Platoon
Doughboy

PostPosted: Sat, 07.31.04 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, your summer has been "strenuous", but that doesn`t mean mine has Very Happy
I am leaving in an hour to play ultimate for the first time in over 2 monthes Exclamation
Currently bouncing up and down on the couch uncontrollably Exclamation

This unusual message has been brought to you by a happy,
Doughboy

(PS "I miss woo wyan" Laughing ...couldn`t help myself)
Doughboy

PostPosted: Mon, 08.02.04 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it`s come to this...my last message from Japan. Leaving tomorrow morning.

It`s been an interesting two months, and I suppose I`ve learned alot, and I believe I`ve done a good job of sharing all the unimportant stuff with you all. But all you really need to know about Japan is that all the buildings and the clothes and the McDonalds are all there to make you forget that your in a very different place where you damn better take off those shoes before you walk into the house, and you damn better take off those slippers before you walk into the tatami room.

Yes I suffered culture shock on various occasions, and yes I did things that I feel terribly stupid for now, but while Japanese people are not very forgiving, they can be forgetfull.

I would recommend a trip to the land of the rising sun to anyone, but beware of unknown seafood allergies, the nasty fish smell, violent little boys, and pretty guys and girls with their mouth closed (you haven`t yet seen their teeth). Anyway, a place with Ultimate can`t be all that bad. Actually, my one day of frisbee yesterday was by far the best day I had here.

So, in conclusion, I`m ready to come home...and I miss you all more than you`d believe,
Please help me get drunk....soon,
Laura B. Embarassed
joyness

PostPosted: Mon, 08.02.04 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey doughboy, travel safely home!

I'll have to just wish you well on the getting drunk .... I'm in the land of the sweltering sun and bad air and nasty trafic {dallas}
So when I get back - Aug 20, we can have some sake and say "compi" {?sp}

konichiwa ... ?
Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: