advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Very Important (Gulley info)   
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMarsh

PostPosted: Wed, 07.28.04 12:01 pm    Post subject: Very Important (Gulley info) Reply with quote

How can I contact John Gulley? Isn't he in North Carolina? The U of A philosophy department contacted me and said there's an urgent message for John, probably a job offer.

Daniel

-- Nick Drake/William Blake
pablo

PostPosted: Wed, 07.28.04 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

479-966-0541 cell
yingling

PostPosted: Wed, 07.28.04 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's been at fda last few tuesdays..

http://yinglingr.blogspot.com
joyness

PostPosted: Thu, 07.29.04 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you his "emergency contact" or something???
why would the UA call YOU to find their Grad Assist??

?
LittleDutchGirl

PostPosted: Thu, 07.29.04 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joyness wrote:
are you his "emergency contact" or something???
why would the UA call YOU to find their Grad Assist???

Ahem! Dr. Gulley would not appreciate being called a Grad Assistant. He is now a professional bullshitter. Wink
bwb

PostPosted: Fri, 07.30.04 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we all know that the university of arkansas is very on top of their game in every way possible and that they know what they are doing in every manner of the word. Of course they knew that dan would contact this board and eventually gully will find out, its probably part of their test for us
DMarsh

PostPosted: Sat, 07.31.04 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They contacted me, as well as everyone else in the philosophy department, via email. The good news - Bitler had Gulley's parent's number and he got my message. I'm not sure what the important message was about, but Gulley said it involved an interview. Gulley's one year prof-ship at the U of A is up, so he needs a jobby job. I was just trying to help a brother out.

Daniel

-- Nick Drake/William Blake
RyanVR

PostPosted: Sat, 07.31.04 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asshole
JHess

PostPosted: Tue, 08.03.04 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanVR wrote:
Asshole

H?§ssh?ºl wrote:
RyanVR wrote:
asshole!

Is there a specific reason Dan is an asshole that your not imparting or is it just general principle. Perhaps you could clarify your thoughts better. We all know that Dan is an asshole so for you to say it is just friggin redundant unless you now know him to be an asshole in a completely different manner. For instance, he could have moved into the Chappy-with-no-weed level of asshole or he could have zoomed off to the Ajax-with-hemrroids level of asshole (you don't wanna to see that!). Furtheremore, what is your basis of knowledge for judging daniel when you, in fact, are a pretty big asshole yourself. Yes, you are a full-flamed, colon-minded, bowel exit. You are one giant sphixter. What's worse is that you don't have Daniel's reason for being an asshole. Were you cod-jacked when you were 9 to 5? Were You? I didn't think so. Daniel has to deal with that every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every year (including leap years) of every age of every era of every eon (who the f-ck is still reading this anways) of all time. I think an apology is in order. Mad

RyanVR wrote:
Well, i for one believe you are approaching the topic from entirely the wrong footing. You are steeped in the cartesian world view of subject and object and therefore in your mind you objectify all other things. Their meanings and values become a subjective endeavour and thus the world is left a meaningless shell where mind could very well be making up all that the body see's and experiences.

If you were to accept your thrown-ness and realize your own-most potentiality, you would understand that the world is a constant struggle between being-for-itself, and being-for-others. The basis for all human interaction is that of conflict where one being tries to subjigate the will and perception of the others. When you submit, you allow your being-for-itself to turn into being-for-others and define yourself as others see you.

Furthermore, you cannot understand the meaning of the word asshole without first being an active member of the world that allows you to experience "ass-holes" in the first place.

If you were not an active part of the world, you could not distguish the characteristics of an ass-hole from lets say, a cute little bunny. You can only come to have a general idea of how to get to Europe because people have gone to Europe in the past and through doing so presented a common way to go about it.

In the same manner, Daniel has defined how one could go about ass-holing by drawing from his being-in-the-world.

If you accept your thrown-ness, you too could understand that no one can really be an ass-hole: they can only ass-hole(v).

Ryan

Ari
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: