advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Abnorm prenatal exposure to testosteroni = Gay or Autistic?   
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rain

PostPosted: Tue, 09.11.07 8:22 pm    Post subject: Abnorm prenatal exposure to testosteroni = Gay or Autistic? Reply with quote

I thought this was interesting mostly because of the other studies linking low prenatal exposure to testosterone with homosexuality.

"High levels of a male sex hormone in foetuses are linked to a higher chance of developing autistic traits in childhood, scientists say.

The findings come from an eight-year study relating the development of 253 children to levels of testosterone they were exposed to in the womb. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6989247.stm
rain

PostPosted: Tue, 09.11.07 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"suggesting that autism is a version of the extreme male brain"

This makes me think of all kinds of things, mostly in direct correlation to reasons why things are afraid of men. Sounds like testosterone can do all kinds of manipulations good and bad (maybe...(dramatic music) terribly bad).

One trait of autism is a lack of empathy and no/little grasp of other perspectives...aren't these the same traits of serial killers? Now I'm not saying autistic people are serial killers, but could serial killers be autistic? Just thinking...
RyanVR

PostPosted: Wed, 09.12.07 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should look into the game Bioshock for pc or xbox 360..... and play it.

It has moral implications in its main story about a under water city that develops the ability to genetically splice new abilities and traits onto their bodies but goes horribly wrong when people become addicted to it and turn into crazed mutant-like humanoids. All the while little girls with parasites implanted in their stomachs roam the halls collecting the a substance called Adam that makes the gene splicing possible from dead bodies. To gain power in the game you must destroy the huge guardians of these girls called Big Daddy's, or Mr. Bubbles by the Little Sisters at which point you are confronted with the choice to either save the little girl which gives you a moderate amount of the substance Adam (which is then used to purchase gene splicing upgrades such as the ability to shoot bee's from your forearms and lightning bolts and whatnot) or to harvest them, sucking all the Adam from their bodies which of course makes you more powerful overall BUT AT WHAT COST RENATA, AT WHAT COST!!!
rain

PostPosted: Wed, 09.12.07 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game sounds scrumtralescent, i would get addicted to shooting bees and lightning bolts from my forearms; i'd probably shoot the damn gnats that are buzzing by my ear with some lightening bolts right now

but i guess the cost of killing all the little girls in the world would be population depletion...is that what happens next in the game, everyone dies?That's no fun...unless... the human mutanoid cells were harvested in something else and a new superspecie comes about
brown

PostPosted: Wed, 09.12.07 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

testosteroni, is that like pepperoni?
tease

PostPosted: Wed, 09.12.07 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brown wrote:
testosteroni, is that like pepperoni?

aahhhahahaha!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: