advanced search

Username:    Password:   

the most danceable song    Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trisarahtops

PostPosted: Thu, 12.27.07 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only Justice songs I like are "Newjack" and the one with Uffie ("The Party") and I never hear those at parties, only remixes of "D.A.N.C.E." I hate that song. I refuse to put it on my forthcoming top 50 singles of 2007 list, even for posterity.
Monster

PostPosted: Fri, 12.28.07 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't say justice is overblown. i think they do what they do well, but i certainly wouldn't call justice, or at least cross, dance music. sure they've got some intentional dance tracks on there(think the party (which i'm still waiting to be remixed), and dance) but most tracks sound to me like industrial electronica or experimental electronica. like, wtf is stress, man? wtf is that about? Things like Phantom 1 & 2 and genesis are scrumtralescent, but to qualify them as dance music would be foolish, in my humble opinion. Good music, yes. Dance music, no.

To counter SFine i really like D.A.N.C.E. Sure, it won't grab you like Calabria or some other more housey stuff, but I find it incredulous that the song can cause actual disdain. That's just silly. Im now placing it in my 2007 top 50.
trisarahtops

PostPosted: Fri, 12.28.07 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LA Riots has a remix of "The Party." I bet there are more and better ones. But on all other grounds, I'm with you. Minus the part about D.A.N.C.E. being awesome. Incidentally, have you heard the Alan Braxe remix? That guy is so dependable. He just poops the exact same synth melody and old big beat on top of every song he mixes. It's amazing. Dude has the regularity of a metamucil commercial.
Simon

PostPosted: Thu, 01.03.08 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

L3 wrote:
Poll/Serious Debate: is Justice just overblown step-aerobics stuff? I say it is.

I think its just TV advertisement music, for cell-phone or vacation (we got a lot with that song), but they maybe use it at the gym ĶIll find out !
evan mcb

PostPosted: Mon, 01.07.08 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the biggest club tracks on dance radio (at least in the UK and mainland Europe), and for all the right reasons too is I Cant Help Myself by Bellatrax featuring Sophia Mays assured vocal display.

The reason is simple: the Italians have a knack for crafting oh-so-simple disco-house infused numbers, and so does UK songwriter to the stars Bruce Elliott-Smith.

Together theyve created highly infectious inspired and effervescent mix of feel-good vocal house crafted by Bellatraxs Chris Dececio, while the Oxyd label has also enlisted an equally strong support cast of remixes from Laidback Luke and Sunfreakz to provide some serious head-nodding action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFZWfUP4zPE&feature=related

http://www.mediafire.com/?adi3kzx213o

http://www.mediafire.com/?4gsggegb5mw

http://www.mediafire.com/?0dve1ygbtal
trisarahtops

PostPosted: Mon, 01.07.08 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evan muscular/crazy dog wrote:
the Italians have a knack
I prefer that my critics possess rudimentary grammar skillz.

In other news, what a year for minimal tech.

In other Justice news, BGEEZUM. Madison Square Garden?? P.S. Chromeo, Busy P & Fancy?!! Hellz yeah.
Tdogg

PostPosted: Mon, 01.07.08 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One album that I can't believe is so liked is The Field's "From Here We Go Sublime". I am seriously baffled as to why it has gotten such rave reviews. It definitely didn't make my top 25.

Nick, Evan: have you listened to Roisin Murphy's "Overpowered"? I feel like she could be your new Kylie. Oh wait, Kylie is still making albums, so, um, nevermind. Well, she can be your Kylie 2.
"Look, yes, I have banged hundreds of broads, internationally, but know this: I wrap my rascal two times cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation as a way of punishing supermodels." -- Master Shake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: