advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Post Season Breakdown    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monster

PostPosted: Thu, 03.06.08 4:08 am    Post subject: Post Season Breakdown Reply with quote

Post Season Analysis

Well, the regular season is over, and now we move into what the Big Tuna refers to as The Tournament. There have been some big surprises this season, but besides Jodys, oops, I mean Katherines Green Team, the brackets have shook out just about right. First and foremost, were looking at SEEMINGLY 4 even teams that could go all the way. Are you ready for some bracketology?

Play In Games

Field 1: Vikki Versus Joy
Who can salvage their disappointing season with a 2 game Saturday? Hmmm. Im going to go with Joy, simply because Vikkis team was more of a surprise disappointment. Theyre split even in their head to head matches (1-1) but Joy has had a surge late in the season (3-3 in the last two weeks) while Vikki has collapsed (0-6). Can Joy ride what little momentum there is? I say yes.

Field 2: Champagne Versus Crissy
Well, Crissy rocked Champagne the first time around, but Champagne beat Crissy narrowly only last week. Ive got to go with Champagne not only because of the most recent head to head match-up, but because Im always going to go with a team loaded with my ls boys. That, and Wax should show up since football is over.

Quarterfinals:

Field 1: Ajax Versus Joy
I dont care if Vikki wins, neither her nor Joy are defeating Team Tan. Ajax should have the troops show up mostly on time, and mostly ready (Im looking at you, Brosh, HA!). This game will be closer if Vikki wins and boy gets some righteous indignation. This will be a good test to see if Team Ajax is a pretender (mail in the first game, play sloppy) or a contender (play sharp, and go for kill).

Field 2: Sara Versus Wendy
Sara only has one more win than Wendy, but that record isnt reliable. Saras king kharl-in-fayetteville record is 11-1. I say Wendy has a fighting chance only if Hopwood is firing on all cylinders and they get lucky. Another variable is king kharls drunk factor. Im guessing by this early it will be more hangover than actual drunk, so he should be fine.

Field 3: Katherine Versus Stevie
Katherine win over Stevie.

Field 4: Scott Versus Champagne
Scott will overwhelm Champagne, but more importantly not expend a lot of energy doing it.

Semi-Finals:

Field 1: Ajax versus Sara
Here we go, the fun part. This game is what I call The Real Finals. Its the Lakers V. Kings western conference final. Its the Cowboys V. 49ers NFC Championship. Its Ajax V. king kharl. The two smartest, most competitive players in the league squaring off to see who gets to the finals. Both teams will have legs left and will be willing to use them. First matchup Sara one by 1, the next matchup Ajax wins by 2. I say Ajax, just because by then Brosh should be rocking and rolling by then and Team Tan has more big game experience.

Field 2: Scott Versus Katherine
Well, it was a scrumtralescent Cinderella story, wasnt it. In the previous matchups Katherine won by 2 and then scott won by 1. There are many reasons Im picking Scott to win. One is that Katherine busted my regular season predictions and I want her to lose in the postseason as early as possible. The second is that Katherines playmakers are not Big Game Players. The flip side is that scott and company arent Big Game Players either, except for Jeff. Jody knows Scott, Joel, and Mcgoogle well and will have a solid game plan, but Scotts team should be able to overcome it with smarts of their own. Some questions: Who will turn the disc over more, Mcgoogle, or Jessie? Who will babysit this round, heather or Jody? Will Jeff show up?

Final

Field 1: Ajax Versus Scott
Ajax won handedly in the first meeting, then got skunked in the second. Im guessing the second was a fluke. I think Ajax wins this game also, although Ajax teams have been known to grow complacent and try winning by the slimmest of margins. A bad strategy when you let an inferior team hang around. This should be a great game if Jeff shows. Jeff, Scott, Joel, and MattMcRookie covering Ajax, Brosh, Tuck, and Jake. Good Vets on Good rookies. Ajaxs women are better, and believe Ajax will know and exploit this. I think thats the real difference.

Last edited by Monster on Thu, 03.06.08 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Gook

PostPosted: Thu, 03.06.08 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot Woot Team Tan(ner)!!!
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Thu, 03.06.08 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

black is going to win b/c for the first time since the first sunday, our whole team will be there, and b/c i want to

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
wax6

PostPosted: Thu, 03.06.08 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Post Season Breakdown Reply with quote

Monster wrote:

Field 2: Champagne Versus Crissy
Well, Crissy rocked Champagne the first time around, but Champagne beat Crissy narrowly only last week. Ive got to go with Champagne not only because of the most recent head to head match-up, but because Im always going to go with a team loaded with my ls boys. That, and Wax should show up since football is over.

Monster, you have no idea how scrumtralescent our team has become over the past few weeks. Our Captain has been focusing on LS and traveling to many tourneys, Max has been a huge and the other LS rookies helped early in the season. But will everyone be eligible for this weekend? I hope so!

For the past few weeks its been Leflar and myself handling and then Leflar putting it deep to me over both Joel and Magee. They can't stop ogre!

The Purple Pirates will make it to the Semi's!!
tease

PostPosted: Thu, 03.06.08 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckle your seatbelts kids, cause IT'S THROWDOWN TIME!!!!!
Jacob

PostPosted: Thu, 03.06.08 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster on December 22 wrote:
Rohde wrote:

My overall opinion for WL 2008 is that in a co-ed league the teams are only as good as their best women.

Wow, you must love the drugs.

Monster today wrote:
Ajaxs women are better, and believe Ajax will know and exploit this. I think thats the real difference.

Sounds like you owe an apology.
Monster

PostPosted: Thu, 03.06.08 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
Rohde wrote:

My overall opinion for WL 2008 is that in a co-ed league the teams are only as good as their best women.

Monster today wrote:
Ajaxs women are better, and believe Ajax will know and exploit this. I think thats the real difference.

Jacob, can you read? I said Ajax's women are better and that it will effect the outcome of the game in his favor. When the men are for all purposes even match ups, then yes, women matter. Rohde said that co-ed teams are only as good as their best women. So let's assemble the 5 best men in the nation and two quadriplegic women. Will the team only be as good as two quadriplegic women?

I expected better heckling. I really did.
HEADGAME

PostPosted: Thu, 03.06.08 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO GREEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have enough people on Katherine's team that the kids will be fine and all can play!.... No Worries Jody!
brown

PostPosted: Thu, 03.06.08 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woot! a league tourni.
Michael

PostPosted: Thu, 03.06.08 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn can the blue team get a little bit of attention/love? We beat your preseason prediction by 4 games, have nearly all our players meet eligibility, and all we get is one sentence in the quarterfinals saying we'll lose? Predict what you will but how about a little justification? some in depth analysis? some random and unwarranted attacks on individual player abilities? At least something!
Overall a very weak effort Nick, especially compared to your earlier predictions and analyses. It seems that Taiwan has watered you down a little bit.
Rohde

PostPosted: Thu, 03.06.08 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster wrote:
Jacob wrote:
Rohde wrote:

Monster today wrote:

Jacob, can you read? I said Ajax's women are better and that it will effect the outcome of the game in his favor. When the men are for all purposes even match ups, then yes, women matter. Rohde said that co-ed teams are only as good as their best women. So let's assemble the 5 best men in the nation and two quadriplegic women. Will the team only be as good as two quadriplegic women?

I expected better heckling. I really did.

In the case of quadriplegic women, it would still matter who's women can better verbally communicate on field. Rohde 2 - Monster 0!
RBill

PostPosted: Thu, 03.06.08 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would certainly matter if they were playing with intramural rules. ladies gotta touch the disc. woot.
DrDoug

PostPosted: Thu, 03.06.08 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Damn can the blue team get a little bit of attention/love? We beat your preseason prediction by 4 games, have nearly all our players meet eligibility, and all we get is one sentence in the quarterfinals saying we'll lose? Predict what you will but how about a little justification? some in depth analysis? some random and unwarranted attacks on individual player abilities? At least something!
Overall a very weak effort Nick, especially compared to your earlier predictions and analyses. It seems that Taiwan has watered you down a little bit.

I agree with this assessment, Michael, but not only for the reasons you stated. Blue and Green both exceeded Nick's predictions, and is easily the most interesting/intriguing/evenly matched game of the first two rounds. As expert commentator and all-around smart ass, Nick should have realized this. Green beat Blue 10-9 during the regular season when both teams were at full strength, and there's every reason to believe Saturday's game will be as close. There are great individual matchups (Stevie vs. Katherine; Jwill vs. Jody; Toad vs. Foxy, Bitler vs. Jeremiah, etc...) and both teams have very solid play from their women. Looking forward to it.
evan mcb

PostPosted: Thu, 03.06.08 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
It seems that Taiwan has watered you down a little bit.

If you can make it there, it's still going to be hard to make it anywhere.
RandomHero

PostPosted: Thu, 03.06.08 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick said we were gonna lose our first game... I'm not even gonna show up now. I kinda wish you would have personally attacked my abilities or dedication... that always seems to motivate me. ATTACK ME PERSONALLY NICK... COME ON, DO IT!!!

also how is the lakers vs. the kings the real western conference finals? I'm guessing it'll be the lakers and the hornets... or the hornets and suns (i'd pay to fly out and see game 7 of the hornets and suns... talk about a scrumtralescent offensive matchup) Let's hope the suns can get use to playing with shaq.

Also now that I think about it hopefully the entire black team will be there ...and we did have the best record and point diff after the first week... way to start off on top and hit the slide.[/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: