PostPosted: Mon, 10.13.03 8:01 am    Post subject: Blue Plate? Reply with quote

How did it go?

Daniel
Monster

PostPosted: Mon, 10.13.03 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gg

Last edited by Monster on Sat, 10.12.13 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
RyanVR

PostPosted: Mon, 10.13.03 12:51 pm    Post subject: Team Grey Report Reply with quote

first the record---

Saturday
----------
vs Rhodes 11-5? win took half 7-2 let them get a couple points in second half but overall, warmup game

long ass bye till 1:30

vs Harding loss 7 or 8-11---harding is fielding a much improved A squad this year with and emphasis on hucking deep but also with solid come to cuts--in general relied on athleticism

vs Slam the Stack 11-6 or 7 win
after some confusing calls, identified their main deep threat, shut him down and romped the old men until they longed for the simple times of pringle packing and other similar "old" people events

vs Mayonaise (chatanooga team)
after quickly taking half against them we dropped the ball and let them tie it up somewhere around 8-8..at one point is was 10-9 us, and we would get the D but not be able to score to finish it off and they would tie it up-

went to hard cap to 13 tied at 12-12 an unfortunate ho-d by them because of a lack of come to cut let to them scoring after catching a swill-tactular forehand roller that i half laid out and hit but was caught by another one of their players farther down the field

Sunday
--------
played against Black, were giving them the what for, suddenly Jwill dropped a pull and then we lost, no idea what happened, must have been the dropped pull

rematch vs mayonaise 13-6 win came out angry over jwill's lack of pull catching ability and taught mayonaise a lesson in patience offense and smooth hardcore D, pulling down many and wind-powered nasty throw

slam the stack again----they tried to zone us downwind and all they got was a sweaty t-shirt and more tired out of the bargain--

rosham classic------
black had the advantage of warming up for 20-30 minutes before the match as grey came in after just winning the game vs slam the stack.. Accordingly we did not get to discuss team strategy and in an unfortunate turn of events, black managed to grab victory from the jaws of certain defeat again, showing that lightning may just strike the same place twice.

On team grey--i not only think but know that everyone of the new players got exponentially better not just over the weekend but from saturday to sunday. There were some problems against zone defense on saturday so with the increase in wind on Sunday we put an emphasis on dumping and swinging and making good continue cuts to the swing side-
this really showed through in the games vs mayonaise and slam the stack as we cut through their zones with rediculous ease.

Ryan
JHess

PostPosted: Mon, 10.13.03 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic of improvement I have to give it up to the rookies on team black. Saturday was what I expected, mistakes, lessons, Ryan trying most desperately to unwad his panties, but Sunday was a complete surprise. The rookies practically carried us. Although Justin gave a superb sideline effort for the frist half of the day (congratulations on beating the warm milwaukee beast), between the forehand swills i couldn't run-down from ryan, my drops, James's floatees, Jwill's pull issues, and the general slopiness we had with the disc, i'dve thought we were all rookies. Instead, several guys, who had never been to a tournament, stepped up and made some great throws. I have to hand it to you new guys on team black. 110 percent improvement!!!

Ari
Lockfinn

PostPosted: Mon, 10.13.03 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh that'd be team Grey there Razz Black would've been Nick, Chris, Robert, and crew.
JHess

PostPosted: Mon, 10.13.03 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never was good with colors....

Ari
Rocketeer

PostPosted: Tue, 10.21.03 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Harding team beat us 11-5. Did we ever decide who was right on that foul call (the one where we stopped and argued for about 5 min.)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: