advanced search

Username:    Password:   

M0nster Rankings: Week 8   
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monster

PostPosted: Tue, 03.03.09 5:30 pm    Post subject: M0nster Rankings: Week 8 Reply with quote

M0nster Rankings

1. Team Jody (13-3) Jody's Loss to Rohde in game 2 isn't enough to knock him off the top spot. Missing Wax changes the dynamic of this team considerably.
2. Team Jwill (11-5) Team Jwill reaches the highest rankings its been all season thanks to fiery 8-0 streak since midseason, and a dominating win over divisional rival Stevie.
3. Team Nick (12-4) Team N1ck suffers its first NFC loss to Brad, but only just, with six people.
4. Team Robert (11-5) Team Robert makes a strong case to be in the top four seeds with wins over Rosie and Tim in week 8, and more of a case with wins versus Jwill AND Stevie.
5. Team Stevie (11-5) Stevie gets romped on by Jwill, then gets a win versus lowly Ivan. Jwill's convincing win has to cause some doubt in Team Stevie going into the tournament.
6. Team Rohde (8-8) The return of king kharl and the return of success. The win over Jody is huge, but not nearly as huge as if Wax had been there. Still, the momentum should help Rohde going into he tourney.
7. Team Brad (7-9) Team Brad has quietly been rising in the rankings, with a more successful second half of the season. Back to back wins build confidence going into Saturday.
8. Team Wendy (4-12) Wendy gets the eight seed in the power rankings because its the only team in the last 5 to pick up a win in week 8. Over Jeremiah.
9-11. Team Tim, Team Jeremiah, Team Ivan All struggle the final week of league.
12. Team Rosie (5-11) Rosie continues to have attendance issues, only scoring 3 points on Sunday.

Look for a post season breakdown and a tournament preview as soon as king kharl decides on a format...
kdoe

PostPosted: Tue, 03.03.09 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: M0nster Rankings: Week 8 Reply with quote

Monster (has yellow fever) (has yellow fever) wrote:
[size=18]
Look for a post season breakdown and a tournament preview as soon as king kharl decides on a format...

You mean as soon as you captains decide, right?
jeremiah

PostPosted: Tue, 03.03.09 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hangonafuckinsecond
you are gonna mention ROSIE had attendance issues????? looked like she had 7 to me
were you seeing fucking double when you played my
repeat
my
four

well, there is no point denying that we lost, so fuck it
jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Tue, 03.03.09 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremiah wrote:
hangonafuckinsecond
you are gonna mention ROSIE had attendance issues????? looked like she had 7 to me
repeat
my
four

...so you are saying you should be ranked 12th instead?!?
Katherine

PostPosted: Wed, 03.04.09 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's saying that putting Wendy ahead of the pack for picking up a win of around 15-11 against a team with four players makes little sense. From my perspective, JT, JC, Wayne, and Stacey rocked it out Sunday. And while you might, indeed, have to put Wendy up there based on their record, you should at least admire blacks valiant effort.
jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Wed, 03.04.09 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always admire black, for everything they are... except when i have to uppercut wayne for getting out of line...

Stevie and Wendy have been batteling each other all league for the title of "most wishey washy team"...wendy's team can be good, but will that team show up this weekend? only time will tell.

JTs league performance is also not indicative of their tourney potential, but I'm not convinced they will be able to fix their chronic attendance problems by saturday. I'd vote Tim and Brad tied for 7th rank. 1 man can't win a tournament, but if he could, hopwood would be that man. Tim and Brad both have been putting mass effort into teaching and coaching and I'm looking forward to some upsets by these two. For Brad, a lot will depend on weather or not bob is on fire that day.

Rosie and Ivan could make the comeback of all comebacks if they have strong attendance on saturday, but expect this to just be a rebuilding year for those teams...
jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Wed, 03.04.09 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why am i up so late?...here is the bracket again

winter league tournament 2009 electric powered bracket breakdown.

round 1: lets get this party started

Rosie(9) vs Brad(8 )
- brad is on fire and is ready to strike hard. rosie has a lot of talent that may actually show up ready to play come tournament day. this could be a good game, fought hard to the bitter end. Phil and Bob will either bring their A game or C game, who knows which. Brosh will probably take over and try to be the driving force to bring his team to victory, which he probably should. Luke and Tarzan will make that task very difficult for brosh. Lets hope brad has coached young abe to stay inside his rediculously large box. prediction: it will be close but brad will pull it out.

Robert(5) vs Wendy(12)
- if wendy has all her players and they don't get the "first game jitters", she will win.

Rhode(6) vs Ivan(11)
- Lets just chalk this up to a good learning experience for Ivan as a captain.

Jerimiah(7 ) vs Tim(10)
- the young bucks versus their older and wiser (and slower) counter parts. I'd like to see tim actually play some points for once. Surely J can get his attendance stats up for the tournament, and if he does and if peter's hammy isn't too wacked out, he should be able to pull it off. Hopwood will run amuck with them, but he won't have anyone to throw it to him and the HS crew lacks the game day experience to overcome the pressure. I think tim's key to victory lies in having hopwood and tim hucking it to joe and jana. you've gotta keep the HS crew throwers and Vicki inside their box as well. prediction: black over purple in a hard fought but maybe not so close game.

round 2: bring in the top seeds

Jody(1) vs ??(8 )
- he's got the biggest deep, the grittiest leader, the best mix of solid women and a great supporting cast of evan, james and will. his liabilities are minimal as well. If you want to win against jody i think you need to exploit his biggest strengths which are also his greatest weaknesses. He will probably try to rely on his women too much which worked great in league, but could prove to be a different beast in the tournament. It will be windy so they will probably throw a zone with wax deep...a good offense will find a way to exploit their overconfidence in that choice. You can't out think or out coach jody, so you'll have to keep it simple on offense and keep it constantly changing on defense. that being said, there is a reason why he is the 1 seed and i predict he will hold that seed through this game.

Stevie(4) vs ??(5)
- this will probably be the closest 2nd round game as it should be since it will be the 4 seed vs the winning 5 seed. Stevie has been one of the biggest surprises in league and I think she will be able to pull this one out, but it will not be easy.

Nick(3) vs rhode(6)
- Nick has a young and athletic team with some great throwers, some great deeps to recieve those throws, and some savvy girls to work the middle. His attendance has been low all league, so if his rookies get much playing time, they may struggle finding the flow. This team is good, but if you can shut down their top 3 or 4 players I am confident that their secondary won't be able to pick up the slack. king kharl can keep the deep threats under control, but I'm not too confident about the rest of the match ups. Rhode is an upset machine, but if i was a betting man, i'd put my money on the pink horse.

Jwill(2) vs ??(7)
- Just hoping that we don't run out of wd-40

round 3: (hoping for some upsets, but not expecting it)

Jody vs Stevie - Jody will continue his easy walk to the final

Nick vs Jwill - anything could happen, ajax and nick have the edge, but i'm hoping for some mystical dream-catcher power.

round 4: the final countdown

Jody vs ?? - here's where heros are born, no one will remember who got 2nd, only the team that wins will remember who got 1st. both teams will be beginning to feel the fatigue of 2 games under their belt. the sidelines will be full of anxious onlookers. expect lots of foul, strip and especially travel calls during this game. nick will be steady, but jody and jwill will have some players who will become uneasy under the pressure of being in the final. it will be an entertaining game with lots of layouts, skys and hucks. or, if its wendy, lots of boring zone offense. regardless of who makes it to the final w/ jody, i'm predicting an upset.
RandomHero

PostPosted: Thu, 03.05.09 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremiah wrote:
hangonafuckinsecond
repeat
my
four

rosie never had seven on sunday.
jeremiah

PostPosted: Thu, 03.05.09 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my bad, i was probably seeing double
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: