advanced search

Username:    Password:   

michael jackson look what you've done    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandomHero

PostPosted: Fri, 07.10.09 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rain"]Is this the first time someone has posted nearly 11 times in a row? It's kind of endearing, Evan. [quote]

Don't encourage him... this is the most pointless thread ever, don't you have a blog or something. Very Happy
Monster

PostPosted: Fri, 07.10.09 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey casey, way to comment on the interesting part of Renata's post.

Seriously though, 10 year old renata sounds like she has some issues.
Kearney

PostPosted: Sat, 07.11.09 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually thought this was a thread only evan could post on for the longest time, but didnt want to interrupt the flow by testing my hypothesis.

Eduardo changed that for me.
evan mcb

PostPosted: Sat, 07.11.09 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rain wrote:
I can't relate to your sadness. I avowed at the age of 10 in a moral judgment, while ripping the tape from and stomping on my "Thriller" cassettes and tearing my "Beat It" t-shirt to shreds, that I would try not to dance to or empathize with Michael Jackson.

When were you 10? 1996? What was the reason for your ripping and tearing?

VH1 had a special on MJ's videos that MTV2 re-ran last week, with a quote from an editor of Spin Magazine, whose name I believe was Alan Light (could be wrong), who said at the time that the appeal to MJ's music was that it mixed "the texture of disco...with the tension of rock 'n roll."

I believe that same person (again, could be wrong) was quoted this last week in a USA Today article discussing MJ's large catalog of unreleased tracks, both new and old, which he intended to release post-humously as a means of supporting his (not his) children. As in:

Former Spin and Vibe editor Alan Light would advise anyone seeking to represent Jackson's work, particularly the unreleased music, "to be careful what context it's presented in." When rapper Notorious B.I.G. died, "songs were rebuilt and reconstructed around scraps. You can do that, but Michael Jackson was a perfectionist."

Too ironic, as MJ's last album, Invincible, featured a scrap of a rap by B.I.G., salvaged from a Shaq album that no one listened to. And it seems close to impossible to present any Michael Jackson track in a context that is any worse than what the court of social opinion had doled out for the man in the last decade+ of his life.

Which, again, makes me interested to know what a little girl from Harrison saw as the breaking point for her enjoyment of a popular entertainer.
rain

PostPosted: Sun, 07.12.09 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster (has yellow fever) (has yellow fever) wrote:
Seriously though, 10 year old renata sounds like she has some issues.

There's no telling what she was thinking most of the time, but when she was tearing up her MJ collection, she was pissed.

She didn't take kindly to her idol molesting kids.

I think she eventually found a way to appreciate his art by separating her feelings of his private life from his work.

Just kidding.

Last edited by rain on Mon, 09.28.09 12:21 am; edited 3 times in total
evan mcb

PostPosted: Sun, 07.12.09 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.buttonmonkey.com/misc/maryfischer.html

http://kingofpopmichael.info/the-false-abuse/

If Michael Jackson was a pedophile and guilty of child molestation, the whole world would have known it without doubt. I don't expect a ten year-old to fully understand the issues surrounding the allegations against MJ, but it disgusts me that you have carried your ignorance with you for so long, merely because it is more convenient than learning the facts.
rain

PostPosted: Sun, 07.12.09 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evan mcb wrote:
http://www.buttonmonkey.com/misc/maryfischer.html

http://kingofpopmichael.info/the-false-abuse/

If Michael Jackson was a pedophile and guilty of child molestation, the whole world would have known it without doubt. I don't expect a ten year-old to fully understand the issues surrounding the allegations against MJ, but it disgusts me that you have carried your ignorance with you for so long, merely because it is more convenient than learning the facts.

Where did you find these websites, Holmes? I hope you're kidding, because I was and there's no reason to get into a kerfuffle over it. If we're gonna pretend like we can know the truth about MJ, I'm gonna say, he wouldn't want you to fight, over him. He'd tell you to go beat it.

I'm sorry to ruin your tribute to Michael Jackson. I'm sad about losing the musical genius also. It just always strikes me as strange when people conveniently dissociate and associate private acts from public acts of famous people. What if he did hurt some kids, but he's memorialized in such a way that makes him more than a musical genius, a wonderful person. It doesn't matter, either way. It's just odd to me.
evan mcb

PostPosted: Sun, 07.12.09 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rain wrote:
It just always strikes me as strange when people conveniently dissociate and associate private acts from public acts of famous people.

This is a null sentence.

rain wrote:
...he's memorialized in such a way that makes him more than a musical genius, a wonderful person. It doesn't matter, either way. It's just odd to me.

http://www.jacksonaction.com/?page=charity.htm
rain

PostPosted: Sun, 07.12.09 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out you weren't joking.

I'll give you some credit. It's very generous to discount the negative about a person's life and focus on the positive. I hope you do the same for the living, particularly those you know.
evan mcb

PostPosted: Sun, 07.12.09 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rain wrote:
Turns out you weren't joking.

If you were joking, can you explain to me how we are in disagreement about MJ's place in history as both an entertainer and "wonderful person"?

Quote:
I'll give you some credit.

That's more than I'm willing to give you, since you can't take responsibility for (or back up with facts) your own opinions about MJ.

Quote:
It's very generous to discount the negative about a person's life and focus on the positive.

It's very disingenuous of you to post that MJ deserved to die and then edit your post without an apology.

If there was something substantially negative about the choices MJ made in life, I would be willing to take that into account. Present them.
rain

PostPosted: Sun, 07.12.09 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan, I have the crappiest internet service in the Americas. I have just spent too long being too long winded answering your questions, just to have it all erased. I will have to talk to you about this another time. Sorry to leave you hanging; I don't mind explaining to you how I feel about why you have put so much effort into uplifting someone you don't know.

In a nutshell: My overall intentions of the first post was to be silly and I am indifferent as to whether Michael Jackson was a wonderful person because I didn't know him.

I was joking when I said, "but he should die. Just kidding." because I was and I erased it realizing that I should edit more.
evan mcb

PostPosted: Sun, 07.12.09 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rain wrote:
I don't mind explaining to you how I feel about why you have put so much effort into uplifting someone you don't know.

Let's see...comparing him and Magic Johnson to 2 Stupid Dogs, keyboard cat link, making a note of how the lovers in his life were at best ambiguous about ever actually making love to him and how he was stunned to hear that women like foreplay...this thread has by no means been strictly about me "uplifting" MJ. I have only been linking and commenting on what I have found interesting reading in the aftermath of his death, but I am not focusing on positive aspects of his life and career. In fact, the only link I've posted so far that "uplifts" MJ as a person was the list of charitable causes he's been involved in, and that was only because you found it "odd" that he could be memorialized as a wonderful person. I don't think it's odd, and I don't see how anyone could reasonably believe otherwise.

Meanwhile, your first post, in which you try to be "silly," relates a story of violence on your part toward the artifacts of an entertainer who you seem perfectly willing to hate, even though you don't know him. However, you are unable to uplift him as a person who did good in the world, for the reason that you don't know him.
RBill

PostPosted: Mon, 07.13.09 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if someone had a gun to my head and made me guess the truth or be shot in the face i would bet my life on mj being innocent.
simply because he got psychologically fucked up by a horrible childhood and wanted to relive it later does not mean he did anything sexual, that is a an entirely new level of being fucked up that is just absurd to assume.
you have to be careful how you associate with kids because other people are the fucked up ones in their interpretations. mj's dad beat the talent into him so he wanted to have a childhood later in life. the first guy that sued just wanted money because he figured mj would pay him money to get such a story to go away, if his kid was really molested he's a pretty awful dad for just wanting money. other people decided to do it too because he was a payer like mel gibson in ransom.

i bet you think kobe bryant would actually have to rape a woman too
evan mcb

PostPosted: Mon, 07.13.09 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my god i was with you up until you brought another famous black man on trial into it, please please please don't let this dissolve into a racist discussion. We don't need to discuss Kobe, OJ, RKelly, or any other famous black man who had a high-profile trial in this thread. Those cases have no bearing whatsoever on MJ's life and the accusations made against him.
evan mcb

PostPosted: Tue, 07.14.09 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little girl remembers MJ:

http://sally-bloodbath.livejournal.com/31772.html

I hope there are a lot more like this coming...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: