advanced search

Username:    Password:   

You be the Capn make it happen   
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcklein

PostPosted: Mon, 12.14.09 10:54 am    Post subject: You be the Capn make it happen Reply with quote

By playing leagues in other towns Ive learned that its pretty rare for team captains to get to draft their squads. Its much easier to assemble teams by random draw, or admit pre-assembled teams of peers. We still need a few more captains for Winter League, so YOU get to have the unique experience of selecting the ultimate ultimate squad from all NWA players.

Perks of captaining include getting your league fee waived, picking your team color, and the feeling of pride when your team is victorious. Responsibilities include tracking payments, shirts, and attendance; and making it to as many Sundays as possible.

Dont be intimidated if youre not a veteran player you can draft people that you want to be coached by. Were all here to get better together. Dont be intimidated if you dont know all the players in the community no one does, You'll get some player rankings to help you pick folks you dont know.

Captaining is a great way to get to know other players and get better at ulti. If youre interested then PM me or email ckleinhe@uoregon.edu ASAP.
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Tue, 12.15.09 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt read any of that post, but I'm glad I got to meet you KCK, you Klinsehandsasdfds;alasdfklja;sdfjas;dk dudes are pretty scrumtralescent
fluffy

PostPosted: Tue, 12.15.09 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice address to the masses by the new VP/League Director.
Yea KCK!
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Tue, 12.15.09 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i miss the predictions, that was really scrumtralescent....just sayin
kcklein

PostPosted: Tue, 12.15.09 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Us Kleinhenz boys think people who can spell our last name are pretty sw33t
jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Tue, 12.15.09 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: You be the Capn make it happen Reply with quote

Casey, you already know this, but I would like to be a captain if there is a spot for me.

Thanks for voluenteering to be the VP/League director, I couldn't think of a better candidate for this job.

kcklein wrote:
you can draft people that you want to be coached by.

I would like to suggest to the VP that this be incorporated into the draft...I.E. new captains get first pick from a list of players who would make a good "team coach", then the captain can do as much of the other tasks of captaining as they feel fit and take care of the nitty gritty stuff, but the team coach can help them motivate, strategize, and offer general counsel to the captain in any other areas they may lack experience in.

I would also like to know (before the night of the draft) how said draft will be instated as I have strong opinions about certain aspects of this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: