advanced search

Username:    Password:   

our club is being fined   
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMarsh

PostPosted: Mon, 11.03.03 1:52 pm    Post subject: our club is being fined Reply with quote

Bill Mock called me this morning and chewed me out. He said the bathrooms were trashed, the toilets were overflowing with shit, and there was taco bell food smeared on the walls. There was also a broken security light around the bathroom facility. Total damages will cost our club between $200 and $300. Does anyone know who is responsible for this mess? Is there anyway we can put the blame on the church group that was there later in the day? Did anyone go into the bathrooms on Sunday? If so, what did they look like?

Daniel
Swayze

PostPosted: Mon, 11.03.03 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey fellas, this is Swayze from the Zontals. I'm really sorry to hear about your club getting fined. You guys put on a great tournament year after year, and someone decided to fuck it all up for you guys.

As for the bathrooms, I was told by a teammate on Sunday that the toilets were overflowing with poo, but he mentioned nothing of Taco Bell being smeared all over the walls. I don't know if it was on the walls and he just didn't notice it, or if the perpetrator hadn't yet perpetrated. I know some of our guys went into the bathrooms on Sunday, so if you need me to ask any of them about what they saw, let me know.

Anyhoo, I hope this doesn't effect you guys getting field space for next year. I was lovin' the grass you guys had for us to play on.

Cheers!

Swayze

BTW, how the fuck does Marsh throw that wicked high-release forehand? That shit was incredible.
bwb

PostPosted: Mon, 11.03.03 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are we getting fined for the university not having correct plumbing? i understand the trash and other stuff but come on, stop hiring the cheap contracters

also god told me it was the church group
DMarsh

PostPosted: Mon, 11.03.03 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill claimed that it looked less like incorrect plumbing than it did purposeful vandalizism.

Daniel
bwb

PostPosted: Mon, 11.03.03 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does bill have any expertise in this area?
kdoe

PostPosted: Mon, 11.03.03 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went into the bathrooms on Sunday. The toilets looked stopped up. There was a lot of shit in the toilets but it just looked as if they couldn't be flushed. I wouldn't say that was anyone's fault but the plumbing. As far as the taco bell goes i went in there before the final and i didn't see any taco bell smeared anywhere. By that time most of the teams were gone except for the people playing in the final or watching it. I don't remember anyone eating taco bell either. Also what cost $200 dollars to unclog some toilets and spray some walls down. Was anything actually broken? I don't think the blame should be put purely on you guys since there was a whole other group of people there.
DMarsh

PostPosted: Mon, 11.03.03 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone has to pay the price. Assuming that we can't figure out who's directly responsible for the damage, then either the U of A (the whole student body) can pay for the damages, or it can be our club (the students who were in charge of the events taking place on the complex). We are not being fined any more than the minimum cost to fix the damages. It probably costs $100-$150 to pay the physical plant staff to unclog the toilets and clean the bathrooms, and another $100-$150 to fix the broken security light.

The light that was broken was too high and too strong (thick plastic cover) for someone to just jump up and punch it. I think it must have been hit by a frisbee. It was probably an accident.

Ben, I think you make some good points. But here's what it boils down to -- we under-appreciate all the things the U of A provides us, especially Bill Mock. The reason he was so pissed was because HE is the guy responsible for cleaning the bathrooms. The same guy that sits behind a big fancy desk in a suit at the HYPER, mops the bathroom floor and cleans the toilets that WE use. I don't think our arguments are strong enough to justify upsetting the hand that feeds us.

Daniel
kdoe

PostPosted: Mon, 11.03.03 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope he washes those hands after all those jobs he does. Very Happy
Sitton

PostPosted: Sun, 11.03.13 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 years ago in the LS Boards...
RandomHero

PostPosted: Mon, 11.04.13 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for bringing up old "shit"... pun intended. That's exactly what this board needs right now is pointless posts.

Second thanks for having a giant avatar that pushes text to the far right.

Third, now I'm hungry for taco bell
Sitton

PostPosted: Mon, 11.04.13 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the contrary boy, for me these were the golden years...it's good to reminisce every once and a while (only applicable if you were there however). Taco Bell is good for you, glad I could help. Finally, no excuse for the gif, I'll get that off...thanks for the feedback Wink
Chuck

PostPosted: Mon, 11.04.13 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:
That's exactly what this board needs right now is pointless posts.

Evan and I beg to differ.
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Mon, 11.04.13 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
RandomHero wrote:

I don't get it.
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Mon, 11.04.13 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvin wrote:
Chuck wrote:
RandomHero wrote:

I don't get it.

Oh ok, nevermind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: