advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Woooop! Wooooop! Air Alert (International Scott Brown)   
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kearney

PostPosted: Tue, 06.15.10 11:50 am    Post subject: Woooop! Wooooop! Air Alert (International Scott Brown) Reply with quote

International Scott Brown wanted me to post the vertical increasing jump workout I've been doing the past couple weeks, so here it is for anyone who wants to look at it. It's pretty damn strenuous, but I guess It's already helped me quite a bit, and I just finished week 5 before P-days.

Air Alert 3

Open it up as a word document, that doesnt take you to an actual site.
Steven

PostPosted: Tue, 06.15.10 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few of us did this one year in college (through about six-seven weeks anyway). While I do think it notably helped with speed, jumping, and general athleticism, it also came at the cost of knee pain during the later weeks and for a while after.
Jacob

PostPosted: Tue, 06.15.10 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven's knee alert.
Kearney

PostPosted: Tue, 06.15.10 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven wrote:
A few of us did this one year in college (through about six-seven weeks anyway). While I do think it notably helped with speed, jumping, and general athleticism, it also came at the cost of knee pain during the later weeks and for a while after.

strange.. I havent noticed knee pain yet, but I'm about to start week 6 (today) and this seems to be the week where it ramps up a bit instead of the steady increase since week 1. I just cant wait til week 13 Wink
brown

PostPosted: Tue, 06.15.10 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kearney, maybe if I do this I'll get skyed less.
evan mcb

PostPosted: Tue, 06.15.10 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're worried about knee pain, this exercise instricts* about 0% risk of injury:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2pzjHWat1o

Quote:
If your leg press starts you in a position where your lower leg is at a 90-degree angle to your upper leg, then contract your muscles until the weight is approximately one-inch off the weight stack and hold for 20-seconds. Lower the weight after your 20-second hold, increase the resistance by 10 or 20 pounds (whichever increment that particular weight stack allows for), contract against the resistance for another 20-seconds and so on until you reach a load that you either cannot move from the stack or that you cannot sustain a contraction against for the requisite 20-seconds. At this point, reverse direction and come back up the stack, one plate at a time, until you reach a load that you can again contract against for 20-seconds or you return to your starting weight (whichever comes first). Remember to start out with a load that is not threatening to you; i.e., youre aware youre contracting against a resistance but its not demanding and then proceed from there. NOTE: Each set (on the return portion of the protocol) probably will NOT be able to be sustained for 20-seconds and thats okay.

http://www.bodybyscience.net/home.html/?p=843

If you do that once every week for a month, you'll probably get to a point where the air alert workout won't be causing any joint pain.

*see what I did there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: