advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Ultimate Peace   
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JmeK

PostPosted: Mon, 06.14.10 2:54 pm    Post subject: Ultimate Peace Reply with quote

Im doing a little charity spamming for my friend Asif (DoubleWide, DownTownBrown, Dr Seuss,HoustonClub). I think its a great cause and thought Id pass it on. And feel free to say hi to him at Worlds, if your going, wher he'll be playing with DoubleWide this year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friends and Family,

As you know, Ultimate Frisbee has brought much joy to my life for the past 10 years. Now, I have been given an opportunity to share that joy with Palestinian and Israeli youth this summer. Ultimate Peace (www.ultimatepeace.org) has invited me to Acco, Israel to coach at the 2010 Ultimate Peace Summer Camp, CAMP UP on July 14-20. This week-long camps goal is to promote peace through recreation and education, not violence. The camp will host 120 youth from underserved Palestinian and Jewish communities in the West Bank and within Israel giving them a break from the tensions of their daily lives. They will live together for a week in beautiful, safe, secure surroundings, enjoy a multitude of fun activities, and play and bond around the sport of Ultimate. Teachers and coaches from their communities will undergo a 3-day coaches training to build local capacity and ensure continuity.

This camp is an excellent opportunity to teach peace and equality to the future adults of the Middle East. However, this is an expensive endeavor. I am writing you to request a donation that will help me raise funds which will go towards the expenses of this event. There is no donation too little or too great. However, there are gifts for Donors at certain amounts. Wink But seriously, any amount will go a long way. I thank you in advance for your generosity in helping these kids.

Here is what your donation can buy:

$20.00 4 Ultimate discs for the kids
$60.00 1 Night of Ultimate Camp for one Youth
$100.00 scrumtralescent Ultimate jerseys for 8 kids
$420.00 An amazing week of Ultimate Peace overnight camp for one youth

How to donate* (tax deductible**) :

You can make a check out to: Ultimate Peace/I.H. Center
Mail to:
I.H. Center/Ultimate Peace
860 Via De La Paz
Suite B-1
Pacific Palisades CA 90272
Please make sure to include "I was contacted by Asif Mohammed" in the memo check.

Paypal
You can paypal Ultimate Peace by using the link on their donation page.
You can also paypal me directly. I will forward it to Ultimate Peace and get you a receipt. My paypal address is asifm42@gmail.com.
Please make sure to include "I was contacted by Asif Mohammed" in the memo/description of the payment.

Credit Card
Visit http://www.ultimatepeace.org/donate/ to see details and instructions on how to donate.
Please make sure to include "I was contacted by Asif Mohammed" in the memo/description of the payment.

*If you choose to donate, please let me know so I can insure that I receive credit for your donation.

**Ultimate Peace is a project of International Humanities Center, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.

More info on Ultimate Peace can be found at www.ultimatepeace.org and the attached letter. Also take a look at this Israeli newscast.

Please feel free to forward this to anyone who will find it interesting.

Once again, I thank you for your consideration and generosity.

--
Asif Mohammed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: