advanced search

Username:    Password:   

another rules check for old people    Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandomHero

PostPosted: Tue, 07.27.10 10:29 pm    Post subject: another rules check for old people Reply with quote

XVI. Violations and Fouls

C. Any time an infraction is called, the continuation rule applies.
Continuation Rule: Play stops when the thrower in possession acknowledges that an infraction has
been called. If a call is made when the disc is in the air or the thrower is in the act of throwing, or
if the thrower fails to acknowledge the call and subsequently attempts a pass, play continues until
the outcome of that pass is determined.

Colby is the best dog ever.

Last edited by RandomHero on Wed, 07.28.10 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Tue, 07.27.10 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touche lol
adunn

PostPosted: Wed, 07.28.10 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, another time when the older ultimate players in Fayetteville didn't know the actual rules. It's ok, the rules they substitute in are almost as good as the real ones.
jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Wed, 07.28.10 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just clarifying. was this in reference to when you threw from out of bounds and the disc was not caught at ADA? or from something last night at summer league?
DrDoug

PostPosted: Wed, 07.28.10 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not gonna come here and defend the old guys, but I will say that the change in the continuation rule is perhaps the most difficult one for us to get used to.

In fact, we were specifically reminded about this change before GM Nationals.

And remember--teach an old guy about a rule change, he'll bitch at you for a day and play it for life. Diss an old guy about a rule change, he'll play it for a day and bitch at you for life. Your choice.
RandomHero

PostPosted: Wed, 07.28.10 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwillgoesfast wrote:
just clarifying. was this in reference to when you threw from out of bounds and the disc was not caught at ADA? or from something last night at summer league?

summer league.
Jacob

PostPosted: Thu, 07.29.10 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwillgoesfast wrote:
ADA?

Steven was right on Thursday.
jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Thu, 07.29.10 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the clarification
RandomHero

PostPosted: Thu, 07.29.10 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
jwillgoesfast wrote:
ADA?

I wasn't so much pissed at ADA about whether Steven was right or wrong it was just the fact that we had that discussion a few weeks earlier and I gave the disc back cause he was "sure" that it should come back. He did however admit to being wrong and say that he read the rules and realized that it shouldn't have come back... at least that's what i think happened. I was just too pissed on thursday at the time to listen correctly... i was more angry about steven benefiting from the same situation on both sides of the argument, damn oklahomans being wrong and then right but getting the benefit of both situations, i guess nice guys don't always finish last.
Steven

PostPosted: Thu, 07.29.10 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:
Jacob wrote:
jwillgoesfast wrote:
ADA?

I wasn't so much pissed at ADA about whether Steven was right or wrong it was just the fact that we had that discussion a few weeks earlier and I gave the disc back cause he was "sure" that it should come back.... i was more angry about steven benefiting from the same situation on both sides of the argument.

You are not remembering the first incident correctly. At first I said we should retain possession, but after reconsidering, I thought I might be wrong so our team gave yours possession after all (Jody was standing on the sideline, he can probably attest). Later that night I went home and looked up the same rule you posted above, and admitted to being wrong to you later. However, both times we actually played the rule correctly, with each of us benefiting once.
Jacob

PostPosted: Thu, 07.29.10 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can all agree that Wayne learned nothing.
jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Thu, 07.29.10 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
eeville

PostPosted: Thu, 07.29.10 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IX. H.
To continue play after the disc becomes out-of-bounds, a member of the team gaining possession of the disc must carry it to, and put it into play at, the spot on the playing field proper nearest to where the most recent of the following events occurred:
the disc completely crossed the perimeter line;
the disc contacted an in-bounds player;
the disc contacted a defensive player; or
the disc became out-of-bounds due to contact with the out-of-bounds area or a player while any part of the disc was inside the perimeter line.
After establishing a pivot at the appropriate spot on the field, the thrower must touch the disc to the ground before putting it into play (XIII.B).

XVI. D.
If a dispute arises concerning an infraction or the outcome of a play (e.g., a catch where no one had a good perspective), and the teams cannot come to a satisfactory resolution, play stops, and the disc is returned to the thrower and put into play with a check (VIII.D), with the count reached plus one or at six if over five.

Still looking for the rule where someone sitting on the sideline can't comment about a call. Not to mention, I would have received major fantasy points for eliciting such an emotionally charged, violent, and aggressive response from someone on the playing field.

Maybe this can help out-
http://bipolar.about.com/cs/menu_meds/l/bl_medsAZ.htm

Not to mention, someone owes our youngest player, Cap, an apology after being chastised and berated during this incident. He felt extremely bad for just trying to do something he thought was being helpful. He didn't know any better and that is why we have summer league, recruiting and teaching basics. Hopefully, he will return again to play next week.

I will be there this afternoon in case anyone posting here would like to talk about this like an adult.
RandomHero

PostPosted: Thu, 07.29.10 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeville wrote:
IX. H.
To continue play after the disc becomes out-of-bounds, a member of the team gaining possession of the disc must carry it to, and put it into play at, the spot on the playing field proper nearest to where the most recent of the following events occurred:
the disc completely crossed the perimeter line;
the disc contacted an in-bounds player;
the disc contacted a defensive player; or
the disc became out-of-bounds due to contact with the out-of-bounds area or a player while any part of the disc was inside the perimeter line.
After establishing a pivot at the appropriate spot on the field, the thrower must touch the disc to the ground before putting it into play (XIII.B).

XVI. D.
If a dispute arises concerning an infraction or the outcome of a play (e.g., a catch where no one had a good perspective), and the teams cannot come to a satisfactory resolution, play stops, and the disc is returned to the thrower and put into play with a check (VIII.D), with the count reached plus one or at six if over five.

Still looking for the rule where someone sitting on the sideline can't comment about a call. Not to mention, I would have received major fantasy points for eliciting such an emotionally charged, violent, and aggressive response from someone on the playing field.

Maybe this can help out-
http://bipolar.about.com/cs/menu_meds/l/bl_medsAZ.htm

Not to mention, someone owes our youngest player, Cap, an apology after being chastised and berated during this incident. He felt extremely bad for just trying to do something he thought was being helpful. He didn't know any better and that is why we have summer league, recruiting and teaching basics. Hopefully, he will return again to play next week.

I will be there this afternoon in case anyone posting here would like to talk about this like an adult.

don't be a asshole wayne. there is no, or at least should be no dispute as to the fact that if a player is assisted in putting the disc into play (i.e. throwing it to the player who is waiting on the sideline.) then it needs to be checked in by the defense... i was simply calling a violation on the fact that it was checked in by the offense and thrown past me when i was trying to get back as the deep deep in the zone. If you think this is wrong then you're an idiot... the end.

i'll apologize to your little kid if you want but i don't know what you want me to apologize for... if you want me to apologize for the fact that you can't shut your fucking mouth then I'm sorry I won't but if you want to apologize to him for being an asshole then you're more than welcome to.
Kearney

PostPosted: Fri, 07.30.10 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For real, Charcoal Gray team for the spirit award.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: