Username:    Password:   

Help Housing Harvest Players    Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandomHero

PostPosted: Mon, 10.25.10 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeville wrote:
RandomHero wrote:
rachel_lea21 wrote:
it was dumb that you had to say it. as if joy (i love to fluff) (i love to fluff) (i love to fluff) didn't know. right. she's just saying that housing 200 people is perhaps a big task.

it's not that big of a deal since we do it every year... and yes it was dumb that I HAD to say it... because she shouldn't have asked and then you trying to defend what she asked is even dumber. Congrats you just one up'd joy (i love to fluff) (i love to fluff).

oh yea and since neither of you have done housing (or at least not the past 5 years) then why complain... it's not even your job.

For the record, we always have people staying at our home during Harvest Moon. It's usually not one of the teams listed, but we still provide accommodations for individuals coming in that have asked to stay with us. They know where our house is and that the hot tub works. So before you go off saying we haven't done housing in the past five years, check your facts.
I think joy (i love to fluff)'s point was, one of the reasons to have Harvest in November was so hotels would be open. Space would be available and close. Not saying that staying at someone's house is a bad thing; I agree it does support camaraderie within our sport. We need as much of that as possible. But in today's culture, you should expect to pay for hotels. Tourney fees are expensive; even when you go to ones that don't have water at your crappy 45 degree concrete laden mudholes. But that's the way it is.
I don't think our tourney fees are too much for what we provide. And we've never run out of beer at the party.

Too those reading this that aren't Casey, if you can help house someone from out of town, try to. But lock up all your good #$%&. And make sure they meet some high school / college kids, it will help out in the long run.

By the way, we have folks stay at the house when they come to the DG tourney, too. But that's another thread.

Knowledge is power.
Just for the record.

you're an idiot why don't you go sit in your truck and shut up.
brown

PostPosted: Mon, 10.25.10 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To everyone:
You are correct.

Now go sit on your bucket!
KTodd

PostPosted: Mon, 10.25.10 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On that note...I can probably fit quite a few people in my apartment. I'll even make a big sacrifice to be the bigger man and personally share my own bedspace if it's a girls team.
whitney

PostPosted: Tue, 10.26.10 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermind
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: