advanced search

Username:    Password:   

2011 Winter League Teams, Predictions, and Updates Thread    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toblerone

PostPosted: Tue, 02.15.11 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Sandblast, Woo, Woo! I will be recruiting players from out of state. I hope other captains don't have a problem with this. If you do, you can learn to deal with it. Get ready for it...
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Tue, 02.15.11 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I will be recruiting players from out of state.

Oh snap! That legal?!?
Jacob

PostPosted: Wed, 02.16.11 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaseyK wrote:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key=0AjgLUgkUdPSldHo3NWozeWx5blpkWUp6RUJPdENPU2c&hl=en

tourney schedule. What do you predict?

I predict round times that are not reflective of how long games we've played all league. What point total are games to?
evan mcb

PostPosted: Wed, 02.16.11 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Simmons wrote:
Expansion ruins everything.

He's talking about basketball. Ultimate is like basketball, right? This book about basketball is so good.
Jacob

PostPosted: Wed, 02.16.11 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
Power Rankings that Preface Supplemental
1) Jwill (white) The team has enough depth to overcome absences, however, it lacks the stars to overwhelm the opposition. At least Jwill picked a real captain to give halftime speeches (which is the most important trait in ultimate, IMO!).

A team that forfeits one-third of its games without a tournament pulling from its pool of players is more than a disappointment. Most suspect here are Jwill's status as a captain and Matt's status as a first round pick in a 12-team league. The excuse of too few women loses weight considering they traded Lizzie for Heather, but were then awarded Lizzie too.
Jacob wrote:
2) Michael (yellow) Having Rice is good enough to assume they will put forth a genuine effort each week. He's a good dude. And a better player. I don't like Rice.

Rice missing to appease Jessica's insatiable party appetite cost them the 1 seed overall, though they're probably on their preferred side of the bracket. Tulsa players showing up routinely aided their depth. I still don't like Rice.
Jacob wrote:
3) Vikki (red) There would be no two worse "good players" to combo than Kearney and Joe Bell.

How right I was. Picking up Jesse Smith in the supplemental was a good addition. Though it was suspect at the time that he was added to the best team. Hopefully he'll keep the team afloat if Jones stays at Conway.
Jacob wrote:
4) Sadie (black) Winning games on the strength of persistence. The worst way to win.

They chose not to win the worst way. This team had a lot of quit in them.
Jacob wrote:
5) Levi (orange) This team will need picks 2-4 to show something that they haven't before.

Those picks didn't show something. Clayton Adams did. Good to see moptop getting better. Even if he is a shithead that mutters under his breath.
Jacob wrote:
6)Mills (blue) Relying on Hopwood

He showed up more than anticipated.
Jacob wrote:
7) Terrell (green) A talented team littered with losses due to so many players ranging from beyond the vile.

No team needed a first round bye more than this group. Poor attendance and uninspired play were this team's trademark.
Jacob wrote:
9) Wayne (purple) n1ck showing up and not being a huge ninny would be a great help.

Still a ninny.
Jacob wrote:
11) Cameron (pink) Poorly mismanaged draft. Man or zone should doom them. The lack of throwers or versatile talent is remarkable.

The supplemental draft was kind to them as it gave them another athletic player. Saturday should be warm, so I look forward to a second Joe Garrett sighting. He's tall.
Jacob wrote:
12) Lorenzo (kiwi)Terrible. He effectively reassembled Amy E's orange team for the previous year without 2010's Winter MVP. Selecting someone in the first round that so few were aware of demonstrates a fundamental lack of understanding for how a draft should be maneuvered.

They were terrible and ended the year on a worse note than anyone other than Jwill (white) by losing 7 games in a row. I have other mean things to say, but I'll abstain because Lorenzo has clearly been lifting weights.
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Wed, 02.16.11 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
Lorenzo has clearly been lifting weights.

Interesting, I need to catch of glimpse of these guns.
averagejoe501

PostPosted: Wed, 02.16.11 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven wrote:
Casey Boy ... fails to deliver on promise to beat us all on even his worst day. Presumably this is because he didn't care.

I lol'd.
Jacob

PostPosted: Wed, 02.16.11 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

averagejoe501 wrote:
I lol'd.

Another biting post from Joe Bell. He now has 6 "lol's" among his 25 messages. And one reference to my penis. ITT: Butthurt? You suck Joe.

http://ls-ultimate.com/search.php?search_author=averagejoe501
averagejoe501

PostPosted: Thu, 02.17.11 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lol'd, and I wasn't happy about it. =\
CaseyK

PostPosted: Thu, 02.17.11 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's still in training. The goal is to challenge Elvin for the "Fluff King" title.
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Thu, 02.17.11 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaseyK wrote:
He's still in training. The goal is to challenge Elvin for the "Fluff King" title.

lol
Steven

PostPosted: Thu, 02.17.11 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 1 Match-up Preview:

Terrell (#8 ) vs. Lorenzo (#9) The battle of the greens has a clear favorite on paper. With regard to experience, Zos Kiwi team is much greener, but the Siloam clan will have a shorter commute than the core from Tulsa. Kiwi runs things through handler Jesse Griffith, who is often willing to throw up hucks, whether advisable or not. The darker greens lack of motivation through the regular season has been noted on these boards several times, and theyll be without Stevie this weekend. Will they be able to turn it on when they need it?

Mills (#5) vs. Sadie (#12) Sadies black team looks like the type of team primed for a first round upset, but they did not get a good draw here. Sadie and Jessica will get the chance to play on the field at the same time for the first time this season, which should give them a nice advantage. Mills should be happy his Blue team was not shouldered with the heavy burden of a first round bye.

Wayne (#6) vs. J-Will (#11) This would have been an interesting first round game until J-Wills White team lost Matty J to the college tournament. White wont have anybody to guard NWB, so theyll likely run zone for much of the game. If Purple commits some early unforced errors, I could see White jumping out to an early lead, otherwise, this is Purple Reigns to lose.

Cameron (#7) vs. Crissy (#10) Crissys Sky-Hi Blu has fared better than most predicted. I havent seen them play since they broke out the Champagne, but hes clearly had a positive impact. Pink loses Cameron and Joe to the college tournament, which will offset their huge supplemental pickup in David. If Sky-Hi can mitigate Earls impact in this game theyll upset the Pink team.

Bye Team Previews:

Vikki (#1) Your #1 seed will likely be a shell of its early season self after losing the college guys. Jesse Smith will do all he can to prevent another red loss to Terrells green team if they meet in Round 2, but it will be a tall order. Despite earning the 1-seed, red looks to be on the tougher side of the bracket.

Michael (#2) Yellow should have its full roster, with Patrick Benham listed as probable on the injury report. If he can play and last through the day, Yellows defense will have a noticeable upgrade.

Toby (#3) Sand losing Abe could be the biggest hit of the college departures, since he was an every-other-touch type player for them. Tobys development on offense this season will help, but theyll have to adjust quickly, as the winner of the White/Purple game will have more experience and warmer legs. Like red, it looks like they may have an uphill battle ahead of them to make semis.

Levi (#4) Im not sure which of those guys were high school, and which may have been in college. Joel Skinners continued development on both sides of the disc has been big for the Orange team. That potential Round 2 match-up between them and Mills blue squad looks like a fantastic early round game.
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Thu, 02.17.11 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all will underestimate Joe Garret mwahahaha
eeville

PostPosted: Fri, 02.18.11 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Reign!!!
Champagne

PostPosted: Fri, 02.18.11 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot. A tournament.

-Faded, oh so faded. Like a memory gone, there's no recollection. - Ben Harper
-Friendship is like pissing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: