advanced search

Username:    Password:   

2011 Winter League Teams, Predictions, and Updates Thread    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monster

PostPosted: Wed, 01.12.11 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:

9) Wayne
nick (shh he has the yellow fever) showing up and not being a huge ninny would be a great help. He's already complained about injuries that he's never suffered from in his sign up form. NWB bitching about others and becoming worse than them only took 2 years. Well done. This team would've been the favorite in 2001.

Jacob, I liked your power rankings. Lots of good vitriol.

Two questions.

1. How did you gain access to what I wrote on my sign up form? Are these public knowledge and where can I find this link?

2. Who did I bitch about 2 years ago that's better than me now? I readily concede that lots of players are better than me, but I can't remember who I bitched about two years ago. Throw some names out there. Make a list. It'll be fun.
Jacob

PostPosted: Thu, 01.13.11 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster Ninny wrote:
Jacob, I liked your power rankings. Lots of good vitriol.

Thanks. I certainly appreciate flattery. And vitriol. I can't get enough.

Monster Ninny wrote:
2. Who did I bitch about 2 years ago that's better than me now? I readily concede that lots of players are better than me, but I can't remember who I bitched about two years ago. Throw some names out there. Make a list. It'll be fun.

Anyone that showed up Sunday is better than you. I'm sure Wayne is delighted the first overall pick has already missed 16% of the weeks. You will just greet your team with indifference and absenteeism. You've been stuck on bad teams before, so this is standard practice. Despite me liking Steven more, I would have been pleased to see him forced on to Evil's team. Fayetteville's newest nice guy needs to finish last. Steven attempting to rally the squad would have been humorous.
Steven

PostPosted: Thu, 01.13.11 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casey, are the results of the supplemental draft available anywhere?

Wayne's team was 2 points from being 2-0, without the #1 overall pick. just sayin'...
whitney

PostPosted: Thu, 01.13.11 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we also played the last few points of the first game, and every D point of the second game down a man. just sayin'...
Steven

PostPosted: Thu, 01.13.11 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take on the power rankings after Week 1:

1. Vikki (Red) (2-0): Owner of the best point diff after week 1. Beat Sadies black team more convincingly than Michaels team, though Jessica did leave after the first game. Jones showing up makes this team much harder to match up with.

2. Michael (Yellow) (2-0): Handled Sadies team without too much issue, though Sadie was mounting a comeback after CaseyKs arrival and switching to zone. Took advantage of Crissys team that is waiting for Champagne. We'll know more about them next week once their captain makes it out, and they play some teams that are peaking earlier.

3. Cameron (Pink) (2-0): Wins over an undermanned Terrell and underperforming JWill. Not sold on these guys yet, but cant punish them for showing up and winning.

4. Terrell (Forest) (0-2): All of their attendance question marks showed up, which is a good sign for this team moving forward. Once some locals start getting back into town this team wont have to play a man or two down. Hung relatively tight in both their games and played hard throughout. Doubt anybodys sleeping on this team yet.

5/6. (Tie) Toby (Sand) (2-0) & Levi (Brown) (2-0): Both teams have identical resumes - Crushing Mills team (more on that later) and barely beating Waynes team, who was missing their first round pick (which has been well documented already on this board). Unimpressive, but undefeated.

7. Lorenzo (Kiwi) (2-0): Oh the injustice, being ranked below Terrell after beating him just one week before. Lorenzo is hoping this team can make the kind of magical run that led his City of Rogers Flag Football team to the finals this last fall. I still dont see it.

8. Wayne (Purple) (0-2): Two universe point losses to open up the week, while playing a man down. Ouch. I have little doubt that they would have won both games if NWB had made it out. Again, his ninnyness has already been well documented.

9. Sadie (Black) (0-2): Solid effort in their game against Michael, and had all the momentum when the cap blew. If Tarzan and CaseyK dont arrive late, things may have gone differently. Didnt have the firepower to hang with Vikki.

10. J Will (White) (0-2): What happened last week? I know Matty Js not around yet, but Im still worried if Im J Will. Expect a bounce-back next week.

11. Mills (Blue) (0-2): Mills, Mills, MillsĶposting a minus-23 in the point diff column isnt how anybody wants to start out. Heres hoping Jacobs warning about relying on Hopwood isnt prophetic. I still think the pieces are there if Mills can get them all out at the same time.

12. Crissy (Light Blue) (0-2): Another team missing their first round pick. Not sure if Champagne can turn things around, but should certainly help.
Jacob

PostPosted: Thu, 01.13.11 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven wrote:
My take on the power rankings after Week 1

I yield to your knowledge of teams after being cast out to Holt for Week 1, but I'll help by adding vitriol.

Steven wrote:
1. Vikki (Red) (2-0): Jones showing up makes this team much harder to match up with.

Right. So if the one person who can throw shows up, then they're much better. Granted he can really throw far and they have two guys that can run fast.

Steven wrote:
3. Cameron (Pink) (2-0): Wins over an undermanned Terrell and underperforming JWill. Not sold on these guys yet, but cant punish them for showing up and winning.

I'm curious what the indifference index for Terrell's team would indicate during this game. I'd like to endorse the top-8 bracket and bottom-4 bracket for league tournament. Unnecessary rounds and unfair byes are all we'll get from a 12-team bracket.

Steven wrote:
4. Terrell (Forest) (0-2): Once some locals start getting back into town this team wont have to play a man or two down.

Locals? What locals are they counting on? The sixth round is the first time Terrell picked a guy from Fayetteville. Stevie will help.

Steven wrote:
5/6. (Tie) Toby (Sand) (2-0) & Levi (Brown) (2-0): Both teams have identical resumes

Toby's team playing until the cap with 5-man squad demonstrates a severe lack of competency in a few areas. Also, someone should advise Casey K to use the standard soft cap rules of adding 2 at the completion of a point.
Levi's team is younger than anticipated after seeing all the fresh faces in person on Sunday. Casey Boy is the oldest guy on the team. I am the second oldest. Bizarre, considering I first played an FDA league as one of the fresh faces. We won the second game despite missing the leadership of our 15-year old captain who doesn't know what a force is. The captain is so green he's yellow.

Steven wrote:
7. Lorenzo (Kiwi) (2-0): Oh the injustice

A team of do gooders that added Wes Axtell. Another do gooder. I hope Casey K places a toxic personality on this team too. Wes will help there defense but not help them value possession.

Steven wrote:
8. Wayne (Purple) (0-2): Two universe point losses to open up the week, while playing a man down.

They were much better when they played with 6 players. They were up 9-8, game to 10 when the soft cap was applied. In addition to being miffed that the soft cap was only add one, I was irritated that they were more effective scoring with 6 players. They played most their points with 7 players against Levi's team and certainly gave up the last two points while having 7 players. They will be better when it's windy and cold, because it will slow down teams that are more athletic than them.

Steven wrote:
10. J Will (White) (0-2): What happened last week? I know Matty Js not around yet, but Im still worried if Im J Will.

I talked to their Real Captain (jody's self-appointed nickname) about their collapse in week 1. Apparently they can't run with anyone and weren't able to overcome this despite the skills of Jody, Jwill, and McEachin combined. A true underdog story except the other one. Jwill, what is the bible story with the giant and Bart Simpson? Well, your team was the giant on Sunday. Toppled by pebbles. I know Matty J doesn't want to run with anyone, but can. A dynamic is forming.

Steven wrote:
11. Mills (Blue) (0-2): I still think the pieces are there if Mills can get them all out at the same time.

Mills brought PBR and agreed to play to 13, so we could all go watch football. He's number one on my captain's list. He probably should have drafted more than 5 players that show up. If Eric Olson could run his legs as well as he ran his mouth Sunday, then they'd be 2-0.
averagejoe501

PostPosted: Thu, 01.13.11 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best league thread ever.
Monster

PostPosted: Thu, 01.13.11 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I defend my ninnyness by stating that I was out of the state last Sunday, and that I had the forethought to state my two league absences on my draft info statement?
Supafunky

PostPosted: Thu, 01.13.11 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster (has yellow fever) (has yellow fever) wrote:
Can I defend my ninnyness?

Not with that attitude.
kdoe

PostPosted: Thu, 01.13.11 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:

I'm curious what the indifference index for Terrell's team would indicate during this game. I'd like to endorse the top-8 bracket and bottom-4 bracket for league tournament. Unnecessary rounds and unfair byes are all we'll get from a 12-team bracket.

Second that endorsement. Make the regular season matter a little bit more and make captains that want to win the tournament recruit and make sure they have numbers each week. On top of the fact that with the current field situation, it'd be so much easier to run.

B-bracket champions could get a pretty scrumtralescent prize that some captains might prefer over the trophy.
Toblerone

PostPosted: Thu, 01.13.11 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly!
Kearney

PostPosted: Fri, 01.14.11 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
If Eric Olson could run his legs as well as he ran his mouth Sunday, then they'd be 2-0.

at the hype he's referred to as the "Bob Knight" of pick-up. you ever see a 5' 6" mexican telling a 6'3" White guy how to post pivot and go up strong? Folding chairs come from all angles.
sebo

PostPosted: Fri, 01.14.11 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These posts are keeping me greatly entertained, keep up the good work everyone!
Monster

PostPosted: Fri, 01.14.11 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kearney wrote:
Jacob wrote:
If Eric Olson could run his legs as well as he ran his mouth Sunday, then they'd be 2-0.

at the hype he's referred to as the "Bob Knight" of pick-up. you ever see a 5' 6" mexican telling a 6'3" White guy how to post pivot and go up strong? Folding chairs come from all angles.

You know coach is a real passionate guy. He's always right there, giving you feedback, making you do the extra drills, perfecting your form. He's just an in your face, hands on type of coach.
jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Sat, 01.15.11 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
10. J Will (White) (0-2): What happened last week?

star wars wouldn't have been as good if luke's home hadn't been destroyed...time to rise from the ashes! Smile

we will continue to improve, but it won't be easy with 5 players that have never played league before (or maybe once).

I played horrendously and Jody is momentarily out of shape. Jeff, Alex and Lmac played well, but Jeff wore out quickly being the only deep cutter on person who can guard anyone, but Matt will help with that next week, he doesn't have to be our panacea but having him will help immensely.

this week we will be more prepared...we'll need it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16

Jump to: