PostPosted: Tue, 01.24.12 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did? I deserve credit??
Weird.
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Wed, 01.25.12 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supafunky wrote:
SharpWill28 wrote:

Purple over Orange
Two assumptions: No team will go 0-14, and Jody has to be getting improvement from the team. I think this is the game it results in a win.

Don't think I deserve the credit. More likely that it should go to Levi and Chuck who in their first weekend with the team gave us just what we needed.

i'll take it then

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
Supafunky

PostPosted: Wed, 01.25.12 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
We did? I deserve credit??
Weird.

You didn't. No you don't. It's not weird, you're just too egocentric. There are other chucks in the world. A good one plays on Purple.
Chuck

PostPosted: Wed, 01.25.12 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that might be the case, but since we have a Levi on red also, it seemed an unlikely coincidence.

Anywho.
Jacob

PostPosted: Thu, 01.26.12 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supafunky wrote:
There are other chucks in the world. A good one plays on Purple.

Red's Chuck also fills the role of lead propagandist.

Last edited by Jacob on Thu, 01.26.12 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
SharpWill28

PostPosted: Thu, 01.26.12 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob, give us standings/write ups!

Give the people what they want!
jwillgoesfast

PostPosted: Fri, 01.27.12 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks CaseyK for cleaning up the score reporter.

Week 3 standings:

scores link

fluffy

PostPosted: Mon, 01.30.12 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice visual Jwill Cool
Jacob

PostPosted: Fri, 02.03.12 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10) Purple - Dustin & Ryan
Our TD's misgivings about the over 40 crowd did not prevent her from arguing that picking up Chuck Maxwell disqualifies Purple from the World Champion. Placing World Champion on this team virtually ensures that he does not come back for the tournament, thus limiting chaos and bracket inequity. As a presumed top seed, this can be very bad. As a commentator struggling for content our TD's ineptitude and borderline corrupt awarding of supplemental players is a goldmine. Bracket inequity ruined last year's finals. Here's to repeating the same mistakes.
9)Sand - Champagne
This team is a brutal group of no-shows that are conspiring against Abe Gambert's quest to make Team USA. I doubt the committee will factor his league team's record, but it could be held against him. I do not advocate for assisting no-show squads in the supplemental. Help the bad teams that show up and take their medicine.
8 ) Lime - Vikki
Travis Lorton is destined to be the best talent and unhappiest player on the funnest team. His complaints over being on a team not committed to playing better are both amusing and ironic. Vikki successfully built a team that can't throw and relies on her to provide any throws for yardage. Unfortunately for Lime, Vikki is usually the most surprised person on the field when she completes a deep shot. Unleashing the "Tiger Woods" fist pump should be reserved for games in which you're not getting power-pointed. Put Paul Baker on Red and my arm is numb from fist pumps.
7) White - Brosh
Brosh used up all his tardy points in week 4 at Bustin's birthday dinner Saturday night. This enabled him to avoid a repeat of his week three performance of showing after the soft cap of the second game. There are even unconfirmed reports that Janna showed for a game. Despite being one of the two teams with a female captain they were gifted the best female pick up by our TD.
6) Orange - Marfas
This team was littered with athletic cutters that aimlessly approached offense and would turn the disc over when forced them to work it around. The cutters were also hamstrung by uber-veterans that can no longer keep the disc alive or move it from sideline to sideline. Orange looked smooth between the twenties, but would fold when they run out of space near the endzones and trap side. Fortunately, Orange has one of the TD's roommates and she is determined to build a contender by loading them with 2 of the league's 3 best supplements. Their most recent pick steered them to a 2-0 Sunday with a slim +3 margin. World Champion effortlessly moved the disc off the trap side to set up Lmac to take the downfield shots on Sunday. The value of having another player to set up throwers is lost on people who never took the time to learn about throwing or spacing.
5) Black - Jwill
They have used enthusiasm and punctuality to propel them to five wins. Black's three losses have come with an average margin of seven points to Red, Sangria and Yellow. Their two quality wins were against teams missing their first round picks. The primary culprit behind the gap between Black and the top-3 teams is talent. Smoke, mirrors and smiles only remedy so much before deficits in strategy and skill take their toll. If you asked Jwill who is his best guy, then he'd be pressed to choose between his 8th round pick or a female.
4) Blue - Wax
Introducing the 2012 twin towers of tumult: Boy and Wax. Wax continued his disappearing routine on the field during week 4. He was such a non-factor that it seemed he wasn't even there. Boy's ankle and Wax's general ineptness have guided them to a disappointing 4-4 start. Wax seems like a lock to go down in a crumpled heap at his Springfield hat tourny. Fantastical injuries aside, Blue has reached a crossroads as they face two teams this week that have combined to start 15-1. Split the two games and they have a moral victory. Lose both and they've slipped close to failing to secure a tournament bye. An 0-2 would cement there place behind Black thanks to the 11-point loss to them in week one. A 2-0 mark and they move to the top of the Power Rankings... until they drop another game to Black.
3) Sangria
Things look to turn sour for Sangria as the college season revs up. Expect tourny related absences for Stu and Abe. Expect ninny related absences from Kearney. Borgstadt fills in well as a third option, but Sangria is crumbling when he's being relied upon for the bulk of production. The team's lack of depth is alarming. What the hell was Will doing during the draft? There is not a single defensible pick from the end of the fifth round of the male draft. Unfortunately seven more selections followed.
2) Yellow - Mills
This team benefits from the college team insight that allowed Mill's to make picks of high value throughout the draft. Insight that escaped the captain of Sangria. This team also benefits from having the notorious nagger as their captain and roommate of the TD to help them acquire Stu Jack to solidify their versatility. An easy slate of games will bump them to 2-0 even if Tulsa stays home. They're due for a gift from the TD as the other roommate was the week 4 benefactor.
1) Red - Kleinhenz
Red has run the table against 8 of the 9 teams. Suppose this team picks Kaplan instead of the Mouth of the South aka STFU Chuck in the twilight rounds. This would have solidified a young core full of potential to complement the rapidly skills of Perry/Kleinhenz. Red looks to be derailed in the latter part of the season by a rejuvenated Blue, back-to-back mud field games, and teams picking up new talents. The only help Red needs from the supplemental is for it to stop being so helpful to teams with comparable talent that lose games due to mismanagement.
SharpWill28

PostPosted: Sat, 02.04.12 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3) Sangria
The team's lack of depth is alarming. What the hell was Will doing during the draft? There is not a single defensible pick from the end of the fifth round of the male draft. Unfortunately seven more selections followed.

I'm unaware as to who you think I should have picked after the fifth. By my count the only player that is unforgivable passing on is Kaplan and he was supposed to have basketball practice every sunday meaning he'd hardly be out. Red has no pick after the fifth round who is playing a significant role on that team.

I do agree that teams with bad attendance are being rewarded with supplementary players.
CaseyK

PostPosted: Sat, 02.04.12 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captains need to update some things on the schedule/score report

wk1 sand vs white scores
wk2 yellow vs tangbang scores
wk4 lime vs white scores
standings white w/l
standings lime w/l

thanks for the write up Jacob, that was fun to read. Don't be so hard on April, there is no perfect system for assigning supplemental draft players. I will always hate late registration, but I'm learning to appreciate it for it's incendiary entertainment value.

@Will - Levi Finn in da house!

@ Joy - unless you were referring to this. I'll take credit for the graphic, thanks!
Monster

PostPosted: Sat, 02.04.12 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great write up jacob. Why even sign up for league when I can lolz from the comfort of my bedroom?

Also, I wonder who the TD is this year? Sounds pretty corrupt...
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Mon, 02.06.12 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad red lost a game
DrDoug

PostPosted: Fri, 02.10.12 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team rankings broughten to a new level from our friends in Gainesville.

http://gvilleultimate.com/league/wl12/?cat=6

Jacob? Nick? Care to defend our honor?
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Sat, 02.11.12 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We weren't supposed to click the 'read more' buttons were we? cuz fuck that shit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: