advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Winter League 2012    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monster

PostPosted: Sat, 02.11.12 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those assholes just have a sleeker website. Jacob's insight is more insightful.
Jacob

PostPosted: Sat, 02.11.12 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monst3r wrote:
Those assholes just have a sleeker website. Jacob's insight is more insightful.

Also, I don't say "hammer bombs" or describe goals as "touchdowns." Though I'd like us to implement a 6-point goal. Discuss.
Jacob

PostPosted: Sat, 02.11.12 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N1ck's appreciative appreciation has led me to abandoned the bi-weekly format. Expect mixed results and uneven teams the next two weeks with college guys playing tournaments.

In peril: Pick-up had no lights, no remedy for this situation and low attendance this week.
Proposal: Captains, if you have players on your team that are attracted to non-competitive or just thirsting for more disc, then encourage them to go to pick-up. Score is not kept and last back dictates play time.

In need of repair: League Supplemental
Random assignment is superior to TD choice. The only purpose to allow a TD to use their rationale is to replenish a team devoid of talent or warm bodies. TD's have not considered those two factors so lottery should determine player fate.
April has done well running a league with pre-existing flaws, but her supplement assignments as curious at best. If Il Duce tried to spring this system on WL09, then there would be blood on the message boards. Supporters of fewer rules with player movement cannot possibly support a totalitarian TD. I want lottery balls and transparency.

10) Purple (Dustin & Ryan)
Purple managed to double their season win total without the first overall pick in the draft. Jody's argument against being a first round pick continues to gain credibility.
9) Sand (Champagne)
This team is so woeful that Abe Gambert's invitation from USA Ultimate has been rescinded. I want Bob Lee in legues until his philly loving ass is carried off the field one last time. We need an evergreen sign up for players that have been plugging away in these league ten years. Bob should have to sign out if he is not playing instead of needing to sign up to say he is playing. Cucumber Squad Summer 2002 puts me at the ten-year threshold. Sands through the hourglass indeed.
8 ) White (Brosh)
2012 league temperature lows don't bode well for the attendance woes for the team that forfeited their first game last week.
7) Orange (David)
The most talented post-supplemental roster in the league sits at 7th.
6) Lime (Vikki)
Good attendance and little reliance on the college guys gives Lime and Orange a boost in the win column.
5) Black (Jwill)
The head-to-head loss to Yellow and head-to-head pt differential with Red limits their chances to climb in the league standings. Joe Delnero is dreadful at ultimate if you compare his skill level to his glee level. Though the margin has closed without him losing his joyfulness. Big ups to him for improving. And goofiness.
4) Red (Kleinhenz)
Red has one bad week that showcased their warts. The year of the ankle continues. Red will be without Wes or Clay for the remainder of league (tourny included). This spells trouble as they were Red's only dynamic cutters as threats under and deep. Casey's assertion that he won the draft is premature unless he can garner more than one week of production from his third rounder. Red's smoke and mirrors run is broken and they now face seven years of bad luck.
3) Blue (Wax)
They will need help to move up from 5th in the league standings as they sit two losses and head-to-head behind Black and Yellow. Their best shot at moving up is a 4-0 finish and Red dropping three. Wax was not injured in Springfield, but Apey's new car was not as fortunate. Wax actually played with fire not seen since LS Club. A motivation Wax scored on STFU Chuck all day. An "overstimulated" Boy took exception to a travel being called on one of his players, presumably because it reminded him that he had teammates other than Wax. Hecklers, step up your game. Shouts of "faggot" and "pussy" should be left for high school softball. I look forward to a fresh barrage of insults that won't upset Jared Dudley.
2) Sangria (Will)
This team sits at 9-1, but is a heavy favorite to finish 9-5. Kearney, Stu, and Abe will be gone the next two weeks. Sangria goes 0-4 unless Showcase Sam can pull a Jeremy Lin. Fortunately for Sangria their players return for the tourny to a more seasoned supporting cast.
1) Yellow (Mills)
A three-point win this week against depleted Sangria will give them a reasonable shot to finish first. Yellow is deep enough to have a decent core with college guy absentees.

On tv today is the Rock and more Rock.

Last edited by Jacob on Sat, 02.11.12 9:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Supafunky

PostPosted: Sat, 02.11.12 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highlights
Jacob wrote:
N1ck's appreciative appreciation

Supporters of fewer rules with player movement cannot possibly support a totalitarian TD.

I want transparent balls.

Jody's argument against being a first round pick continues to gain credibility.

We need an evergreen sign up for players that have been plugging away in these league ten years. Cucumber Squad Summer 2002 puts me at the ten-year threshold.

And goofiness.

Red's smoke and mirrors run is broken and they now face seven years of bad luck.

presumably because it reminded him [Casey Boy] that he had teammate other than Wax.

My first FDA league was also summer 2002.
SharpWill28

PostPosted: Sat, 02.11.12 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pink will have Kearney tomorrow and Stu next week. Yellow is missing more players than you think. Three players who all have played large roles. I think we'll be fine. Expect an 11-3 finish.
xaja

PostPosted: Mon, 02.13.12 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
...Cucumber Squad Summer 2002 puts me at the ten-year threshold. Sands through the hourglass indeed...

Jacob, my Cumber Squad was summer 2004. This was the other FDA league team that I captained (Team Tan was the 2nd). Cucumber went 11-1, had a +70 pt dif, and won the championship. After this domination, I was banned from captaining until people forgot that was banned and I was able to captain Team Tan. After which, I was banned again.

http://www.fayettevilledisc.org/summer04.shtml
Jacob

PostPosted: Mon, 02.13.12 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xaja wrote:
Jacob wrote:
...Cucumber Squad Summer 2002 puts me at the ten-year threshold. Sands through the hourglass indeed...

Jacob, my Cumber Squad was summer 2004.

2002 was spent on Joel's team. League & FDA dues were $25. Marlo's had fifty cent tacos on Tuesday. It was a good looking league shirt.
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Mon, 02.13.12 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SharpWill28 wrote:
Pink will have Kearney tomorrow .

Merp

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
Supafunky

PostPosted: Tue, 02.14.12 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:

We won 2 last weekend! Doubled our win record again and I was there this time. Not sure how that affects my argument though.

Statistically, MVP for Purple is Levi from Tulsa. He's been here two weekends and the team has a 3-1 record when he plays. No other player on our team even comes close to that level of efficiency.
Kearney

PostPosted: Wed, 02.15.12 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
SharpWill28 wrote:
Pink will have Kearney tomorrow .

Merp

I've seen what 1st round byes in the tournaments do to teams. Sangria is welcome.
RandomHero

PostPosted: Thu, 02.16.12 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

debate what you want, make whatever write up you want... in the end the result is still the same...

I'm the best player in this city (unfortunatley), no one can touch me... i'm out dominating everyone one-on-one with half an ankle.

Win, lose, or fuck it don't show up, it's gonna stay the same!

*drops mic and walks off stage*

p.s. if you were wondering being a good player in this city is no prize as Jacob or Abe would attest to after this year in Club.
RandomHero

PostPosted: Thu, 02.16.12 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supafunky wrote:
Highlights
Jacob wrote:
N1ck's appreciative appreciation

Supporters of fewer rules with player movement cannot possibly support a totalitarian TD.

I want transparent balls.

We need an evergreen sign up for players that have been plugging away in these league ten years. Cucumber Squad Summer 2002 puts me at the ten-year threshold.

And goofiness.

Red's smoke and mirrors run is broken and they now face seven years of bad luck.

presumably because it reminded him [Casey Boy] that he had teammate other than Wax.

i've played more leagues than Jody... haha... I started with Winter of 2001
Supafunky

PostPosted: Thu, 02.16.12 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:
Supafunky wrote:

i've played more leagues than Jody... haha... I started with Winter of 2001

You've played more FDA leagues than me. My league days started in Houston in 1998.
Supafunky

PostPosted: Thu, 02.16.12 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:
debate what you want, make whatever write up you want... in the end the result is still the same...

I'm the best player in this city (unfortunatley), no one can touch me... i'm out dominating everyone one-on-one with half an ankle.

Win, lose, or fuck it don't show up, it's gonna stay the same!

*drops mic and walks off stage*

p.s. if you were wondering being a good player in this city is no prize as Jacob or Abe would attest to after this year in Club.

I also joined the LS boards before you even though you have more posts. Of course, your posts are more likely to be total bullshit (see above).
Supafunky

PostPosted: Sun, 02.19.12 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter League 2012 Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
Schedule:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjgLUgkUdPSldHhHQ3p1MDVQVC1FdE9laDJ3bWhUOHc

Is it just me or ...? This link worked for me earlier this week, but now is telling me I don't have permission to view.

And to recap the pre-season predictions:
Jacob wrote:

Predictive Season Finish Rankings:
10) David Marfas (Orange)
9) Dustin & Ryan (Purple)
8 ) Vikki (Lime)
7) Jon Mills (Yellow)
6) Champagne (Sand)
5) Brosh (White)
4) Jwill (Black)
3) Casey K (Red)
2) Will Sharp (Sangria)
1) Wax (Blue)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: