advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Dan Gabor    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Tue, 05.29.12 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fayetteville is rebuilding...our summer league numbers are about to surpass the past few years.

we all know the behavior at that gabor game was shameful and unacceptable. but that was the fault of the 14 players on the field, not the Fayetteville Disc Association, who does nothing but support the ultimate community by running leagues, tournaments and providing money for traveling teams (who usually don't do much or grudgingly help out to receive it). and FDA does this with a volunteer team of a very small percent of its members and a very large percent of no help and scrutiny.

i'm sorry if people are going to think that one game out of the entire day is representative of this community, b/c we all know it isn't. the only thing i can personally do at this point is learn from it and hopefully do better if i find myself in a similar situation in the future. i don't like the person i was on that field.

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Tue, 05.29.12 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Kearney
What most people fail to see is this is what the EC has to do. And people need to be competitive in gaining EC council, instead of the one, maybe two people who get nominated (generally by themselves) and take the position.

This is in no way a crack at the EC whatsoever. It just needs to be apparent that if people want to see change, they must actively work for it.

[/quote]

yes, the problem is no one steps up to run. everyone but vikki ran uncontested this past election, and she ran against someone who lives in denver

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
sebo

PostPosted: Wed, 05.30.12 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you live in Fayetteville and participate in FDA events you represent the FDA community whether you mean to or not. Individual attitudes and actions affect the perception of the whole community and others willingness to participate in the FDA events. I still don't know the full story of what lead to the finals being forfeited, but since I haven't directly heard what the reasons are I'm guessing they're not good. How would we feel if we were the out of towners in that situation not able to watch/play the finals? Would you want to go back next year? If Fayetteville players acted the way they did at someone else's tournament, would they have received an invite back next year?

I know negative events this weekend do not at all represent the overall culture of the FDA, and I don't think any major changes need to take place. Simply we need to have a greater sense of how our actions affect the larger group.

Positive notes:

One very spirited move I saw this weekend was cheerleader Wayne pulling our team together for the B finals. A full game with no beer in hand points was not at all what I was in the mood for, but the Hendrix team really wanted to play a full, serious game and Wayne was right to give us all a verbal slap and get us back on the field. Thanks for reminding us what DG is all about Wayne!

And thank you to Jon and all the volunteers that made Dan Gabor happen. I'm sure you guys do not get all the thanks you deserve!
Andria

PostPosted: Thu, 05.31.12 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I discussed playing the finals against Kansas. Some Kansas players planned a float trip and expected the day to end much earlier. They'd already checked out for the day and both teams had players with cleats off. I still offered to play in several ways (7v7, 6v7, 6v6, 2v2, different splits, and with short games). However, we felt the game would turn into a joke and decided not to play. I even said "Are you sure? It sucks to drive from Kansas and not play the finals." They were fine with ending the day, as they had other plans.

Monstars would've won the game.

Jones
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Thu, 05.31.12 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andria wrote:
I discussed playing the finals against Kansas. Some Kansas players planned a float trip and expected the day to end much earlier. They'd already checked out for the day and both teams had players with cleats off. I still offered to play in several ways (7v7, 6v7, 6v6, 2v2, different splits, and with short games). However, we felt the game would turn into a joke and decided not to play. I even said "Are you sure? It sucks to drive from Kansas and not play the finals." They were fine with ending the day, as they had other plans.

Monstars would've won the game.

Jones

Get your own goddamn account, Jones...lazy piece of shit.
tease

PostPosted: Sun, 06.03.12 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this post could have ended 3 pages ago. blame kansas!*

But seriously, despite whatever happened during that last game, I LOVE Dan Gabor, and wish I could have been there. It´s my anniversary tourment and I´ll never forget how hooked I was after seeing what an awesome group of people made up fayetteville´s ultimate scene! (plus all that hawt booty i couldn´t keep my eyes off of)

*no really, what a bunch of mo fo´s
Elvin

PostPosted: Mon, 06.04.12 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tease wrote:
(plus all that hawt booty i couldn´t keep my eyes off of)

Sounds like Tease is back from the jungle and ready to prowl...watch out all you tall, bearded new kids.
Chuck

PostPosted: Thu, 07.12.12 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping that the altercation between NWB and ("don't call me") Boy would have ended this way...

Elvin

PostPosted: Sat, 07.14.12 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
I was hoping that the altercation between NWB and ("don't call me") Boy would have ended this way...

a glimpse into Chuck's spank bank maybe?
Chuck

PostPosted: Sat, 07.14.12 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really just this .gif, and some Marilyn Manson videos. Sorry to disappoint...
Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: