advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Summer League Teams - 2012    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Supafunky

PostPosted: Mon, 07.30.12 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck, I'm not so sure you got this right. I'm not the mathemitician, so I'll present my concerns and let you tell me.

"All you can eat" is not equal to infinity. "All you can eat" is a bounded, but undefined amount of food.

Doubling all you can eat is actually quite simple. I think the proper equation is something more like this:

2 * V = "Double all you can eat"
Where V is the maximum amount of pancakes Clay Mohr can consume at t = August 19, 2012 between 8AM and 12 PM(ish).

Actually eating all of that is the real challenge! Buy your tickets today!!!!!
cmohr

PostPosted: Mon, 07.30.12 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the real question in all of this is who wants to go halvsies or thirdsies or "n"th-sies with me on some bacon!?

or if the pancake makers were to make bacon on there griddles, then i would be willing to donate money to receive some for convience of hassle-free bacon for me! just a suggestion... amirite?
Chuck

PostPosted: Mon, 07.30.12 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the fantasy land of pure math doesn't really lend itself to this situation. It's a lot harder to justify assumptions of infinite time and stomach sizes (or infinitely small pancakes) in the real world! I just took the leap to infinity that Buzz Lightyear made, and extended it a bit Smile
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Mon, 07.30.12 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmohr wrote:
the real question in all of this is who wants to go halvsies or thirdsies or "n"th-sies with me on some bacon!?

or if the pancake makers were to make bacon on there griddles, then i would be willing to donate money to receive some for convience of hassle-free bacon for me! just a suggestion... amirite?

bacon is subject to the number of ticket sales

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Mon, 07.30.12 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The equation would be 2 x the volume of clay's stomach, but there would need to be some digestion and replenishish rates added also

Jacob

PostPosted: Mon, 07.30.12 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SharpWill28 wrote:
I'll buy a ticket.

cmohr wrote:
2 tickets, double the pancakes?

Cam Wow wrote:
I havent figured out how he got Jody, Abe Gambert, and Jon Mills.

7) Houston's Jade of Spades (8-8 )
I figured out how he got Jody, Abe Gambert, and Jon Mills. They're an awful combination of players. Mills drafted the team and is a committed tournament absentee, so he was assigned to the 2nd round. Jody slipped to the third round after being the first overall pick in Winter League. A brutal indictment on his hyped contributions to a team. Abe Gambert going first round is unfair to a highschool junior lacking polish and consistency to win games.
Cam Wow wrote:
I DO however think their girls will be a force. Helen Ames, Heather, Ramsey and RenataĶ.holy cow! They need to work it to their women!

Cumbarge predicted their girls would be a force. At this point, they would settle for seven players that can remember the force. Generally, it is poor strategy to work the disc through players you expect to lose possession 30% of the time on short gains. The only thing Houston's Jade of Spades will upset on Saturday is Jody.

6) Wayne's on Sapphire (6-10)
Cam Wow wrote:
If hes the Joe Bell of old like his team will need, this team will wreck havoc.

Wayne got the Joe Bell of old. As in old and worthless. If he doesn't hook me up with some cream cheese for my bagel, then he's dead to me. ITT: butthurt. Sapphire hasn't looked bad, but they have an athletic void that they needed a first rounder to fill. This team has rollover potential at the tournament as they'll be without McEachin and presumably without Pet Protection's finest in the first round. This is my pick to win the B-bracket when Earl shows up in two pairs of pants, because it isn't hot enough for him.

5) Matt's Dark Chocolate Tasty Treats (7-9)
Cam Wow wrote:
1)Matt Seaton. This team looks really good, and this draft has solidified the fact that Matt Seaton is a pretty damn good drafter.

This use of hyperbole has solidified that Cumbarge is a pretty damn bad prognosticator. They have picked it up of late as Cut Caffrey has gotten things going. Their slow start points to cause for concern in regards to their depth and skill. The slow start also means they'll need to beat three higher seeded teams to meet expectations. They have too many disc stoppers to cover up their lack of dynamic cutters. High pressure marks will fluster most of the roster and lead to unforced errors.
RandomHero wrote:
Hahahaha idiots

Buy more tickets: https://sites.google.com/site/pancaketickets/
Monster

PostPosted: Tue, 07.31.12 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, Jacob is totally rocking the torch as the best/cruelest/funniest ultimate analyst in NWA.

Keep the Lols coming.
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Tue, 07.31.12 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't listen to nick, jacob - he wouldn't buy a ticket

cmohr

PostPosted: Wed, 08.01.12 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"d.Strip: If a defensive player initiates contact with the disc after an offensive player has gained possession of the disc, and the offensive player loses possession as a result, it is a strip. A strip is a subset of fouls and is treated the same way."

http://www.usaultimate.org/resources/officiating/rules/11th_edition_rules.aspx

"i pancaked it and then you knocked it out of my hands."
"no i didnt, i got all disc bruh."
"then why does my hand hurt?"
"i dunno bruh, but i definitely only hit disc, CONTEST."

not the first time this particular player has made a bogus call. i get the will to win, but not at the expense of SOTG.
Chuck

PostPosted: Wed, 08.01.12 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw that guy, his Floridian calls, and his little dog, too.
Kearney

PostPosted: Wed, 08.01.12 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys don't post enough sob stories about bad calls at league on this board. We should make a sticky topic so everyone can show how much they care.
Chuck

PostPosted: Wed, 08.01.12 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those pink idiots don't read the boards!

And as 3-4 members of the pink team will tell you, I much prefer direct confrontation (though I did create that summer league spirit poll with pink omitted)...

Clay_, I decided after Mike pulled that same ******* on me, the most incisive/telling question would have been "who stopped rotation?"
cmohr

PostPosted: Wed, 08.01.12 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
Those pink idiots don't read the boards!

And as 3-4 members of the pink team will tell you, I much prefer direct confrontation (though I did create that summer league spirit poll with pink omitted)...

Clay_, I decided after Mike pulled that same ******* on me, the most incisive/telling question would have been "who stopped rotation?"

actually, it was chocolate... sorry ape, not a knock on your team as a whole, just carrottop.
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Wed, 08.01.12 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's fine. i won't mention the terrible inbounds call made when spurlock caught it out of bounds then. Smile

SOTG will always be an issue b/c people's perception of what happened aren't always the same. i believe brandon thought he was inbounds and i believe my teammate thinks he got all disc. they were both probably bad calls, but i don't think either player was unspirited in their calls. there are obviously players who think they do no wrong, and at that point i'd say it's the responsibility of their team mates to get them to back off their calls if they're clearly wrong. and since that rarely happens, you can send the disc back, which i'm not sure why we didn't do that last night during the out of bounds debate

(and i already know that you're going to say he was in b/c you saw where he landed, but the sideline was split 50/5,0 and everyone who was watching who wasn't on either team was 100% calling him out. it wasn't his decision to call himself in b/c he couldn't have best perspective looking up in the air to catch a disc.)

oops, i guess i mentioned it, lol

Monster

PostPosted: Sat, 08.04.12 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
people's perception of what happened aren't always the same.

How long have you know this April? HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN THIS? You believe it's actually possible that everyone doesn't think exactly like me all the time? That other people have their own--gulp--opinions? We need to contact scientists about this right away. Information this valuable demands to be free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: