advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Summer League Teams - 2012    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacob

PostPosted: Tue, 06.05.12 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to bite the heads off of bats and yell at rookies. I'm so drunk with the power and prestige of being a a Summer League Co-Captain!
clayclay

PostPosted: Tue, 06.05.12 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the schedule posted?
Kearney

PostPosted: Tue, 06.05.12 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
I can't wait to bite the heads off of bats and yell at rookies. I'm so drunk with the power and prestige of being a a Summer League Co-Captain!

I wish I could be there for my ass-outing and pwning while prowessing against experienced players!
tease

PostPosted: Wed, 06.06.12 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, what's wrong with you guys! No one has anything to say about last night?
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Wed, 06.06.12 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess my Larkap prediction has already failed
Chuck

PostPosted: Wed, 06.06.12 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tease wrote:

I'll bite.

Ivan (Team gravel/orange/multicolor) took bath salts before the second game, and proceeded to sabotage his team with no-look, behind-the-back throws. Kinda fun to watch, as he is not on my team.

John Bailey was RUNNING hard. I noticed it, and then a few more guys mentioned it (while "numbering off") throughout our game against blue.

Jacob and Andrea were very patient and gracious with our (many) new players, letting them play about as much as they wanted. Eventually (sometime early in the second game) the subs got tired, and we were able to turn a 3-1 deficit against blue into a 10-8 victory. And I had a career-high 3 assists*. Watch out, Abe!

----------------
*turnover stats for this game were not available at press time
clayclay

PostPosted: Wed, 06.06.12 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tease wrote:

Justin (My team/purple) played Wayne and Clay Mohr's teams. We beat Wayne's 9-2 and Clay's 9-7 to go 2-0 on the day.

Would not surprise me if Ivan actually took bath salts before the game. His no-look, behind the back throws were impressive but prevented his team from making the game close.

Furthermore, almost everybody on our team had played before unlike many of the other teams.
Supafunky

PostPosted: Wed, 06.06.12 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We (Houston/Mills/Green) beat Seaton on double game point. I think the score was 7-6 so we had no halftime.

We lost to KapLark on double game point. Brosh to Kaplan to Kaplan to Brosh (reapeat) was their best offense by far. I think the score in this one was 8-7 with half at 7-6. So, we played 2 points in the second half before the cap.

We had a HUGE squad with 12 subs waiting on the sideline. We had 8 women (counting Aidan as 1). It very much sucked when KapLark wanted to play 6-1 at the beginning of the game. Assuming equal play time and a 5-2 ratio means that our 11 guys play roughly every other point while our ladies play every fourth point. This worked out in our game against KapLark such that Rams played no points and Heather only played 1.

Is 6-1 even allowed in this league? Given the total number of women in this league, I'd love to see the director rule that it is not allowed (even with captains' agreement).

It was fun and I think everyone on our team had a good time. I saw a lot of smiles on a lot of faces, many reasonably new/inexperienced.

Aidan said he had fun. He has set several goals for himself this season:
1) Get a catch in a game. He got one throw to him in the free and clear, but couldn't bring it down from over his head once he got a hand on it. He had one opportunity where April was ready to let him score, but our thrower never saw him. Anything else that was thrown even close to him was more in a crowd. He did get a huge D on the goal line in the KapLark game that was pretty funny. He was very excited about that one.

2) Catch a goal.

3) Play the final point of a game.
Supafunky

PostPosted: Wed, 06.06.12 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:

I heard a rumor that you totally screwed this up - yelling at bats and biting heads off of rookies. why? why? why?

:0
cmohr

PostPosted: Wed, 06.06.12 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had 18 players show up, including 7 women. Always had fresh legs, but it was hard to push the disc because I didn't have enough experienced players to level out the inexperienced ones on the field. 3 of my players have never played before (2 guys and a girl) so it's definitely going to be a learning season for everyone.

game 1 vs jacob. we started off late due to it being week 1 and jumped to a 2-0 start real quick on them. Didn't look like jacob and andrea played a lot the entire game, giving a lot of their new players some experience. the game was very sloppy and looked a lot like a pickup game at wilson, mixed with a few people that knew what they were doing. a lot of drops, bad passes, slow cuts, and mismatches the entire game on both teams. its weird coming off ADA and then watching that game. we ended up winning 5-4 on a close game in the end. we play jacob again on the last week of the season so it will be interesting to see how each team progesses.

game 2 vs justin. unlike half of my team, the entire purple peter eater team has played quite a bit of ultimate but couldn't quite manage the slaughterfest that i think they were expecting. Then again, i think buston is hurt? and clayton adams and dylan weren't getting the 1-2 punch that they were in ADA. Between those three and conner stevens at handle with some support from chuck?? (the guy with the kid on the team), they kept the lead the entire game by jumping out to a 2-0 lead and then trading point for point the rest of the way to end up winning 9-7. some comments on that game: ivan should never be a handle, we had more dropped passes from experienced players than we did new players, dr doug throrougly impressed me by running down an overthrown disc, my first 3 picks played maybe 4 points all game which was a big kick in the nutts, and finally, i need jade to start throwing again so i can rely on her at handle more times than not. she did make an incredible wing by mismatching with the little kid on Purple.

cant wait to play the other teams and see how all the matchups play out.
cmohr

PostPosted: Wed, 06.06.12 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supafunky wrote:
It very much sucked when KapLark wanted to play 6-1 at the beginning of the game. Assuming equal play time and a 5-2 ratio means that our 11 guys play roughly every other point while our ladies play every fourth point. This worked out in our game against KapLark such that Rams played no points and Heather only played 1.

Is 6-1 even allowed in this league? Given the total number of women in this league, I'd love to see the director rule that it is not allowed (even with captains' agreement).

in my two games we played 4-3 multiple points just because each team had so many women. that has no correlation whatsoever to your post, just thought it was interesting how teams were splitting up their players' genders.
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Wed, 06.06.12 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the league is 5:2, but you can't force ladies to play savage unless they are willing. captains should work it out in advance, and hopefully when teams with lots of ladies on both sides meet, we will see a few 4:3 points.

the tournament WILL be 5:2, regardless of how many ladies are present, so it's in the best interest to keep the women happy.

and abe gambert did throw that point to aidan, but his teammate levi came up and caught it instead and now i wished i had played d on an 8 year old (j/k)

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
CaseyK

PostPosted: Wed, 06.06.12 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kap wanted me to tell you his new team name is Kraplak
Supafunky

PostPosted: Wed, 06.06.12 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
the league is 5:2, but you can't force ladies to play savage unless they are willing

I don't want to force the ladies to play savage. I want to put pressure on the captains to keep the ladies happy. I think the ladies/captains/teams should have to choose between 5/2 savage or 5/1 with a sub. I find it unacceptable to put the opposing teams in the position of having to be "nice" in these cases. I know this is a trade-off between too much playing for the short-handed team's ladies and too little playing for their opponent's ladies, and I get how we don't want to force people to play. However, I think there needs to be a punishment to the captains so that action will be incented between Tuesdays to get the ladies to show up.

I do think it's a greater sin to limit people's playing than to make someone play. Any player may not want to play every point, but EVERY person signed up to play.
Supafunky

PostPosted: Wed, 06.06.12 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
abe gambert did throw that point to aidan, but his teammate levi came up and caught it instead and now i wished i had played d on an 8 year old (j/k)

You're right. There was a thrower prior to Abe that should have seen Aidan and thrown it then. The endzone was much less crowded at that point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: