advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Summer League Teams - 2012    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Wed, 06.06.12 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, but have left a lot of jurisdiction to the captains, so i encourage you to speak up to them if you have a good idea on how your upcoming game should be played as far as the gender ratio when it looks like the numbers don't match up. last night, one of will's ladies was injured so we agreed to 6:1 as well. this, however, worked out well to get the numerous guys on both teams a lot of playing time.

i'm also optimistic that lack of players will be much of an issue for this league, except maybe 4th of july weekend.

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Wed, 06.06.12 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supafunky wrote:
Aidan said he had fun.

He texted me later and told me he just said that to make you happy. Kids...
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Thu, 06.07.12 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another thought on the gender ratios - you don't have to match up when your team is on defense, so could let your ladies guard some guys which would get them on the field more if needed...

of course, then you might lose male players whose pride get hurt when the girls, in kearney's words, "pwn" them.

Kearney

PostPosted: Fri, 06.08.12 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joyness wrote:

Try not to yell at new players {or show your prowess for pwning and assing-out by exploding at experienced ones}.

Not from my mouth.
Rohde

PostPosted: Sat, 06.09.12 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This summer I'm running the Allen League down here in TX and our gender ratio that we're using is 6:1 or 5:2 offense chooses. The 5:2 ratio is forced if one team has 4 or more women. Unless captains decide before game otherwise.
cmohr

PostPosted: Wed, 06.13.12 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so far it seems as tho cumbarge has been spot on with his predictions Smile
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Wed, 06.13.12 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha appreciate it Clay, but I was wrong about Kaplan's team their 3-1, and Wayne's team underperformed so far like I said they may...but I had them at like 3rd place. And Matt Seaton's team is 0-4 (without B3n Caffrey). Who knows what will unfold though! Laughing
eeville

PostPosted: Thu, 06.14.12 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We played better this week and won a game despite missing Joe Bell, Bob Lee, and Alex McC. We're starting to get our groove together!
Jacob

PostPosted: Thu, 06.14.12 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeville wrote:
despite missing Joe Bell

Trade him! He's unreliable and unable to form complete sentences on message boards.
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Thu, 06.14.12 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brown has been missing toad and didn't have sam or ben, hint hint in case they read this

Chuck

PostPosted: Wed, 06.20.12 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night we witnessed a great summer league moment:

Before our first game (white vs chocolate/brown), a young guy - who looked like he wandered over from the soccer game - approached our team and asked about playing ultimate. He said he knew someone (Kat Stewart?) and asked how he could get plugged in. We pointed him to April, and to Kat's purple team.

Fast forward to the 2nd point of the white vs purple game. New guy makes a well-timed cut upfield, sets a quick pivot from 5 yards out, and throws a wobbly backhand (against a flick force, IIRC...) for a score!
Chuck

PostPosted: Wed, 06.20.12 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other highlights (lowlights) from last night...

Matt Seaton had a crazy layout, mostly horizontal ~4ft off the round, to save a wild swing pass in their defending end zone.

Billy Lorton's throws (highlight)

During universe point vs brown (game tied, next point wins*), the sprinklers come on, adding an interesting dynamic to the game. We work it upfield, with the final throws being KcK to Travis, then Travis to a streaking KcK... caught in full stride, with after spraying everywhere. A true photo finish.

What actually happened with Whitey in the end zone isn't as memorable as Jacob's insistence (multiple times, of course) that he "was skyed by a girl" and "didn't run down a huck". Lots of heckling and jocular banter between our teammates.

Toward the end of he purple game, the sprinklers came on. So we changed fields again.

Bookends for STFUChuck (Watch out, Abe!)

Oh yeah... in our last point vs purple, Dustin got TWO hand packs on Connor, both in our red zone. Not sure how we turned it after the first of those, but the second resulted in a quick score from the stack offense.

And apparently, Killa Cam/Camwow/cumbarge/Blastoise got two hand packs in a point vs Mills' team.

--------------------------------
11th edition wrote:

5VC: Overtime begins when the score is tied at one goal less than the game total (e.g., in a game with a game total of 15 goals, overtime begins when the score reaches 14-14).

For FDA, our "game total" has been set at 13, so the only instance that could be called "overtime" would be 12-12. Many people believe "overtime" to instead mean "in hard cap", but the language of the rest of V.C doesn't support this. In any case, being in "overtime" guarantees one time out per team, regardless of how many TO's remain from regulation. (VI.B.1)

What's our stance on this, experts/Paul Baker?
mills

PostPosted: Wed, 06.20.12 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
And apparently, Killa Cam/Camwow/cumbarge/Blastoise got two hand packs in a point vs Mills' team.

For the record, Cam got two hand packs on me in the same point.
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Wed, 06.20.12 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:

--------------------------------
11th edition wrote:

5VC: Overtime begins when the score is tied at one goal less than the game total (e.g., in a game with a game total of 15 goals, overtime begins when the score reaches 14-14).

For FDA, our "game total" has been set at 13, so the only instance that could be called "overtime" would be 12-12. Many people believe "overtime" to instead mean "in hard cap", but the language of the rest of V.C doesn't support this. In any case, being in "overtime" guarantees one time out per team, regardless of how many TO's remain from regulation. (VI.B.1)

What's our stance on this, experts/Paul Baker?

since this is a learning league, teams are still allowed a time out in the cap

mills

PostPosted: Wed, 06.20.12 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
Many people believe "overtime" to instead mean "in hard cap", but the language of the rest of V.C doesn't support this. In any case, being in "overtime" guarantees one time out per team, regardless of how many TO's remain from regulation. (VI.B.1)

Chuck makes a good point. I am definitely one of the players who treats a hard cap as synonymous with overtime; and yet overtime clearly requires a tied score. Now I'm confused: what is the ruling for a time out called during a non-tied hard cap?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: