advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Ultimate Topic - How many have learned these lessons?    Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
brown



Joined: 15 Oct 2003
Posts: 1688
Location: UNM

PostPosted: Sun, 12.09.12 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marie-Antionette actually never said that, but I think when people say she said "Let them eat cake" it is actually a translation of brioche, which is more like a scrumtralescent bread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Chuck



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 519
Location: Bentonville

PostPosted: Tue, 12.11.12 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jody,
The meaning of "cakeeater" in my previous post is a hybrid of some of the linked definitions. The term refers to the wealthy/privileged demographic, of which Casey accuses you of being a spokesman.

Citing your Honda seems a bit disingenuous to me. My guess is that you are doing something that rich people do. And that's fine by me. I don't know many people with as much fiscal sense as you. This is, of course, just speculation.

Re: f*****

I'm phasing it out. As ubiquitous as its use has become online (esp. the gaming community) and as much as I'd like it to be a general, non-homophobic slur...
It is offensive, and not worth defending.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RandomHero



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 1479

PostPosted: Mon, 12.17.12 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xaja wrote:
Quote:
When citizens complained to [Marie Antoinette] that the peasants were starving and that she should give them bread, she replied, "Let them eat cake!"


FYI, when the queen from the French Revolution was referring to cake she meant the soot and crap that gets 'caked' up in a chimney, not the delicious yellow cake with chocolate frosting that Perry's enjoy on special occasions.

Walmart is awesome. Lower level employees bitch about wages and benefits, but a job that does not require a high school diploma should get crap wages. If you want a to have a career at Walmart, then you have to go to college. Then, there will be plenty of room for advancement and higher pay.

Also, faggot is an ugly word. I agree with Louis CK's stand-up routine about how I used the word as a kid. I try not to use the word now that I'm an adult and understand the full connotation of the word and its implications.

In conclusion, these boards have become like the FDA message board. I favor forum euthanasia.


You're right maybe we can all hitch our wagons to a doctor... Make sure and ask Lindsey for permission before you post anymore!
_________________
Casey "don't call me boy" Hooper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandomHero



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 1479

PostPosted: Mon, 12.17.12 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supafunky wrote:
RandomHero wrote:
like you have any idea what it's like.


way to dismiss what I know without any real understanding of what that is. I know enough to listen to the people coming from various groups who say they are hurt by these words. I know enough to know I don't know everything, but that I can learn a lot by listening to people's stories about the things I haven't experienced.

RandomHero wrote:
I don't think the ppl that we're talking about


Who exactly are we talking about? I thought we were talking about people who were offended, but then you say...

RandomHero wrote:
could give a shit less if Chuck says faggot or if you ask him to use a different word


so which is it? What I know is that it isn't limited to only..

RandomHero wrote:
Most of the people that are from the shitty neighborhood that I was born in


I certainly expanded it to a conversation about a larger group. I included Homosexuals, many of whom do in fact care about people slinging the term faggot around.

RandomHero wrote:
a company that's accused of underpaying and overworking all their lower level employees


You do know what an accusation is right. it's not actually proof of anything.

RandomHero wrote:
Maybe take a look at the stuff you do versus correcting others about their speech


I'm pretty sure that I didn't correct anyone's speech. I commented about how it could and should offend people. The only person I asked to change was me.

I do look at the stuff I do. One thing I notice is that I hang out with people who want to get a free pass for all of their shit just because it's 2012 or something. I decided that I one thing I should do is speak up to call them on their bullshit.

So, in conclusion, i call BULLSHIT.


You're right Jody, I was wrong... I don't think you're so smart anymore! Thanks for calling my attention to that.
_________________
Casey "don't call me boy" Hooper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Supafunky



Joined: 07 Apr 2003
Posts: 1085
Location: Bentonville

PostPosted: Mon, 12.17.12 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:
You're right Jody, I was wrong.


I don't know why you wasted time saying it. Both points were obvious to everyone.

Why don't you try arguing the points instead of attacking the people making them?
_________________
YOU CAN DO ANYTHING
as long as you have a safe word.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandomHero



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 1479

PostPosted: Mon, 12.17.12 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supafunky wrote:
RandomHero wrote:
You're right Jody, I was wrong.


I don't know why you wasted time saying it. Both points were obvious to everyone.

Why don't you try arguing the points instead of attacking the people making them?


Because you're so thick headed its pointless... Why would I waste my breath.

You work for and actually have loyalty to a company that does nothing but lie, steal, cheat, and bribe their way to get whatever but you're all to quick to hand down some morality lessons. Two thumbs up!!
_________________
Casey "don't call me boy" Hooper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Supafunky



Joined: 07 Apr 2003
Posts: 1085
Location: Bentonville

PostPosted: Mon, 12.17.12 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:
Supafunky wrote:
RandomHero wrote:
You're right Jody, I was wrong.


I don't know why you wasted time saying it. Both points were obvious to everyone.

Why don't you try arguing the points instead of attacking the people making them?


Because you're so thick headed its pointless


You have no reasonable position from which to base your argument, that's why you won't make one.

RandomHero wrote:
You work for and actually have loyalty to a company that does nothing but lie, steal, cheat, and bribe their way to get whatever but you're all to quick to hand down some morality lessons. Two thumbs up!!


You call me thickheaded and then make this statement? Really? Two thumbs up!!!

Clearly, you are unwilling to do anything but try to insult people. If you actually engage the argument, I'll reply again. But I'm done with this. I'll end with one final statement:

You owe me $45.
_________________
YOU CAN DO ANYTHING
as long as you have a safe word.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Supafunky



Joined: 07 Apr 2003
Posts: 1085
Location: Bentonville

PostPosted: Mon, 12.17.12 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(STFU)Chuck wrote:
Jody,
The meaning of "cakeeater" in my previous post is a hybrid of some of the linked definitions. The term refers to the wealthy/privileged demographic, of which Casey accuses you of being a spokesman.

Citing your Honda seems a bit disingenuous to me. My guess is that you are doing something that rich people do. And that's fine by me. I don't know many people with as much fiscal sense as you. This is, of course, just speculation.


Chuck, even though Casey would have you believe I'm thickheaded. I'm not. I understood the point you were trying to make. I was simply trying to deflect and be humorous at the same time.

(STFU)Chuck wrote:

Re: f*****

I'm phasing it out. As ubiquitous as its use has become online (esp. the gaming community) and as much as I'd like it to be a general, non-homophobic slur...
It is offensive, and not worth defending.


Good on ya mate!
_________________
YOU CAN DO ANYTHING
as long as you have a safe word.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Elvin



Joined: 17 Apr 2008
Posts: 1246
Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Tue, 12.18.12 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supafunky wrote:
I'm looking at the man in the mirror. I'm asking him to change his ways. but first I gotta suck a bag of dicks.


Kinda just sounds like an excuse to sling some BJ's.


Also, I worked at Wal-Mart and it was easy and I got a shit ton of hours and I got paid $10 an hour and didn't have to listen to our manager because once he wrote everyone up at the same time and some upper level guy came and bitched him out in front of us all. I had a friend once who was making some claims against WalMart and I also informed him of this. It's a terrible job but only because you hate yourself because you're a 23 year old stock boy. Now if by 'lower-level' you mean the Chinese kids in sweat shops, I think they might not have it as easy. I hear for lunch they have to eat the slowest worker that day.
_________________
It's hard to get a table for one at Chucky Cheese when you look like I do....Oh, you're out of that? Then just give me Vice President of Ultimate Frisbee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
tease



Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 1418
Location: in your kitchen

PostPosted: Sun, 12.23.12 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

take it to the bedroom guys.
_________________
woot (. Y .) hootie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Designed by: Powered by: © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group