advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Winter League 2013    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Thu, 01.10.13 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not positive but I think he is going in order of worst to best team...which would make sense to why the high school captains are only ones so far Wink
Chuck

PostPosted: Thu, 01.10.13 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting theories, but I was just going in the order that teams were listed in the OP.

I actually wasn't sure how to tell who the captains are. Larkin is listed first, but I'm guessing Abe Coffin was first overall. Based on clayclay's comment, I see that he and Abe Gambert are captains of their respective teams, but that wasn't clear to me (e.g. since Brosh is listed above, and was drafted before, his captain).

Any clarification on the draft order for the first two rounds (and who the captains are) would be welcome.

Stay tuned for more uncreative predictions, including:
1. Casey "The Legend of Fayetteville" Hooper getting drunk and raging on the boards (and throwing around the other "f" word) at least once before WL is done.
2. Wes being mistaken for a gardener because of his ultimate gloves.
AbeBabe

PostPosted: Thu, 01.10.13 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: analysis/speculation Reply with quote

Supafunky

PostPosted: Thu, 01.10.13 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(STFU)Chuck wrote:
Any clarification on the draft order for the first two rounds (and who the captains are) would be welcome.

Color - Captain
Black - Larkin
White - Clayton
Pink - Abe G.
Lime - Cameron
Purple - April
Yellow - Vikki
Red - Jody & Heather
Blue - Cox
Orange - Casey K
Tan - Conner
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Thu, 01.10.13 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh I see, well most captains are in the list where they went, but Larkin is just at top. That should clarify
Larkin17

PostPosted: Thu, 01.10.13 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm obviously the best player in the world and that's why I'm first.....
Chuck

PostPosted: Thu, 01.10.13 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larkin17 wrote:
I'm obviously the best player in the world and that's why I'm first.....

Well, every city has 2-3 players who are way beyond all the others in skill. It might help to imagine that there is a "dividing line" between the 2-3 badass players and the hoi polloi. Some say that you are born on your side of the Dividing Line, but there are a few who believe the prophecy that foretells of a ... Oh nevermind. You probably wouldn't believe it if I told you.
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Thu, 01.10.13 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have time to say all of that mumbo jumbo you got time to finish your predictions haha
Kearney

PostPosted: Thu, 01.10.13 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clayclay wrote:
I like how Chuck only reviewed the teams with high school captains.

The Gospel of Jodyism does have a fetish section, doesn't it?
clayclay

PostPosted: Thu, 01.10.13 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WL Predictions

Black Larkin
This team looks top-heavy on paper. Abe Coffin is by far the best player in Fayetteville and is always a force to be reckoned with. Corey Duncan and Kaplan Maurer will be two other tough match-ups for other teams. After those three players though, the rest of this team looks pretty average. Larkin and Levi complement each other well but theyre role players at best. Schmuecker is the only experienced handle, which isnt a good sign. Mason Hollis has improved during the fall but hell need to develop even faster for this team to have a solid stable of handles. The rest of the guys will need to step up for this team as well. As far as girls, Carrie Healy and Rachel Pellegrino were good picks but Larkin should hope that his other two girls are motivated enough to come out every week.

White Clayton

Having Wes Axtell, Adams, and Jon Mills gives this team three versatile players that can play both handle and middle. However, Mills wont be 100% the first 2-3 weeks of league so hell be limited to only playing handle. Adams and Wes give this team a core to build around. Cole Borgstadt has been steadily improving and will be a solid handle while Alex Kreps is a good defender who stretches the field vertically on offense as well. This team lacks solid handles beyond those players though and will need one of its lower draft picks to fill in this role. Hayden Hairston is one of the X factors on this team. If he plays well, this team will have enough depth at handle to do well. Courtney Walbe and Lydia Campbell are both solid players who match up well with almost any other pair of girls in the league.

This team needs either Cole or Kreps to step up while Mills is rehabbing. Once hes 100%, this team will be at full strength.

Pink Abe

First off, lets pray that half of Abes team doesnt die from old age. They should also be renamed the Old Guys and High Schoolers team. Out of the first 9 picks, there is only 1 player that doesnt fall into that category. I think this team will be solid on offense. If they turn it over though, theyre in trouble. The high schoolers Abe drafted arent good enough to make up for the defensive deficiencies the old guys have. Hopefully, they prove me wrong. Bob Lee and Joe Delnero are good players but I dont know how well theyll match up against other teams 2nd and 3rd best players. Ian Shaffer and Naseer Naseem will need to step it up big-time for this team to do well. As far as girls, Helen Ames and Amy Lee will provide experience.

I think Pink will be solid on offense but will struggle on defense with so much age. If the old guys can regain their legs and Ian and Naseer play efficient O though, this team will perform above expectations.

Lime Cumbarge

I dont know really know where to pin Cumbarges team. Hes got a lot of athleticism with him, Brosh, ClayZ Mohr, and Doug Wolf. However, I dont see much of a handling core with this team. Cumbarge, ClayZ, and Doug are known more for their cutting skills than their handling skills. Toby was a nice addition but this team will need some of its lower draft picks to step up if its going to succeed. Lets hope Chuck doesnt mislead more newcomers about the rules as hes been known to do in the past. Will also be interested to see if he can keep up the heckling.

I think Lime will be alright but the lack of handles concerns me. Lets see if they can prove me wrong.

Purple April

This team has one of the tallest, most athletic players in Sebastian along with a solid handle in Alex McEachin. I dont know much about Jeff Rehm but if he got drafted 3rd round, Ill assume hes good. Drafting Dylan Holland was a risk though. I like him and hes a pretty good handle but he said hed miss a lot and he didnt show up most of Summer League. I hand packed Bob Walsh at Dan Gabor a couple years ago and he growled at me. One of my scarier memories from my early years. April could have gotten a steal with Matthew Gentry if hes improved as much as Will says he has. April will present plenty of match-up problems for other teams and Sam Leflar is solid as well.

Lastly, this team has Will Day. Enough said.

Yellow Vikki

Vikki did really good with her first five picks. Wax, Earl, Travis, Paul, and Justin all present match-up problems for teams. The best way to beat this team would be to run zone on them and force them to work the disc through their handlers. Theyll be too athletic for most teams to match up with on man D, although Justin will only be playing in January. This team will be a major contender to win first place.

Red Jody

This team is the biggest wild card. If Pat, Jones, and Jacob all show up, then Red will be the clear favorite. If they get inconsistent attendance from those 3, it wont bode well. If theres anybody that can get them out though, its definitely Jody. This team will finish from 1st-3rd during the regular season and will be the favorite in the tournament if it has its full roster. If it doesnt have consistent attendance, it will finish in the middle of the pack.

Another prediction: Conner Callison and Aidan Ayers become best friends.

Blue Cox

Shout out to Jacob for signing up Boy for Winter League. It gave him another outlet through which to boast about his greatness without actually playing. Stu and Matt give this team a solid 1-2 combo and Cox is another tall and athletic receiver who can stretch the field. Apparently, hes been working on throwing left-handed throughout the summer so itll be interesting to see how his attempt at being ambidextrous turned out. Sean Wylie is another solid player to complement this team as well. I dont recognize any of the names on the rest of this list except Henry Darnell (an improving HS player) but they could surprise me. I dont expect much from this team though.

Tan Conner

There are lots of weaknesses with this team. Theyre small, not athletic, and dont have a good enough handling core to compensate for those pitfalls. With his first 4 picks, Conner seemed to be aiming for guys that hes played with a lot but the talent levels not there. Andrea will be a mismatch for every team in the league but I dont think she will be able to save this team.

Orange Casey K

Casey K had a good draft, although it wasnt as good as his draft last year. If LMac shows up, shell be a mismatch for every girl in the league except Andrea. Kyle Todd, Detring, and John Bagley are solid players. Chuck Maxwell is a good handle and could also bring Haas kids out, which would be great for developing them.

1. Vikki - Yellow
2. Jody Red
3. Orange Casey K
4. Black - Larkin
5. White - Clayton
6. Pink - Abe
7. Purple - April
8. Lime - Cumbarge
9. Blue - Cox
10. Conner - Tan

Last edited by clayclay on Sun, 01.13.13 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Fri, 01.11.13 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering I have Brosh, Toby, Clay, Me, and so on....I think we put some of us at handle. I think you don't see handles because of our speed and cutting ability....

Also, I have Courtney Detring who I'm considering you do not know.

Brandon McKay is my sleeper pick who is a Handle as well.
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Fri, 01.11.13 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casey K also got Ketchum VERY late! And I saw Rob Moore tonight and he is extremely good too! Someone ELSE do predictions...
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Fri, 01.11.13 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predict Purple ends up anywhere from 3rd-8th.
Chuck

PostPosted: Fri, 01.11.13 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clayclay,
They actually gave a mini seminar on the 11th edition of the rules at southern club regionals last year. Not surprisingly, the FHS students on Robot Donkey Punch found out and decided to bail on the series altogether.
/s

I'd rate my rule-lawyering and heckling right up there with my overeating. Bring your A-game, but remember: I've been doing this (that is, being an a*********) a long time.

Good luck figuring out what the 10-letter "a-word" is, Kearney.
SharpWill28

PostPosted: Fri, 01.11.13 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought Cam, CaseyK, Cox and Jody had really good drafts. Think league will be really competitive this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: