advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Busta LIMEs - Winter League 2013    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmohr

PostPosted: Mon, 01.28.13 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You know you were assholes in high school too."
-will sharp

Ya seriously guys, lay off the high school kids.
Chuck

PostPosted: Tue, 01.29.13 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbeBabe wrote:
SharpWill28 wrote:

Its the second best thing on the boards besides grown men getting off while getting angry at high schoolers.

+1

Are you trying to compete with Evan for "Consistently terrible posts, 2013"?

If you are looking to start your own CJ with Will, make your own thread! The quadrilateral-jerk here is getting just the slightest bit claustrophobic

And Will, I take your suggestion [to address those with whom I have issue privately, after emotions have calmed] to heart, as well as Jacob's [nobody care what an asshole says. Ironic, but duly noted].... but your insinuations make you look duplicitous - at least to those of us who spoke to you directly after our game against Pink. You were "getting off" as much as any of the rest of us during our discussion of the Spirit-less direction towards which our youth (and the sport) are heading. I don't blame you for jumping on the "anti-chuck" bandwagon; just don't act like you think these kids are going to usher in a new era of excellence in the sport with their calls. Confused
Chuck

PostPosted: Tue, 01.29.13 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s. for those of you waiting for a weekly WL report:

Lime played Pink on the crappy field in the 2:00 game. We traded points for most of the windy first half, but allowed Pink to take it 7-6. They came out on downwind offense after half, but we got a break and kept the game within 1. Even when Brosh was sent to the ER (after fouling the Pink thrower with his lip/teeth), we kept it close until hard cap blew. We were going upwind, down a point. A few hasty decisions had us turnover the disk 20 yards outside of our attacking endzone. Pink turned it again. Then we lost possession on a floaty swing and they scored quickly.

Against Tan, there were many LONG points and the game was close for a while. After it was about 4-4, we took a solid lead and held on until winning 13-6 (?).

Cam got two Callahans.
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Tue, 01.29.13 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SharpWill28 wrote:
Elvin wrote:
This could probably be a PM thread.

You mean you don't enjoy this digital circle jerk as much as I do?

Its the second best thing on the boards besides grown men getting off while getting angry at high schoolers.

I would actually be interested in joining this PM thread.
SharpWill28

PostPosted: Tue, 01.29.13 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles, I think you missed my point during our discussion. I do think that some of the high schoolers have weird calls sometimes. Just like I think other members of our group have some weird calls, just like I know I've made some weird calls in the past that I wish I could have back. I'm just saying that its silly for us to publicly berate them. I feel as I've gone from 17 to 21, my calls have gotten better, just as I hope when I'm 25 that I'll have an even better understanding of the rules than I do now.

I apologize if I've offended, my post was meant to be more joke than anything.

"just don't act like you think these kids are going to usher in a new era of excellence in the sport with their calls"

I don't know how I've ever given the impression that I think this, but then again I had to look up the work duplicitous so do I really know anything?
Chuck

PostPosted: Tue, 01.29.13 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey don't feel bad; I actually have NWB proofread my posts for me and suggest three-syllable words...
Monster

PostPosted: Tue, 01.29.13 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never approve of anyone referring to Evan's magnificence as "Consistently terrible posts, 2013."

That kid is killing it. Killing it.
Supafunky

PostPosted: Tue, 01.29.13 8:46 pm    Post subject: If a tree falls in the woods Reply with quote

If you berate someone on this forum, does it count as public? Didn't someone say this forum was dead? Or at least that no "whippersnappers" are on here. I'm confused. Is someone being duplicitous?
Chuck

PostPosted: Tue, 01.29.13 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love you guys. Except Evan - what a dick!
Supafunky

PostPosted: Tue, 01.29.13 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stress of FDA is prematurely aging Chuck.

Chuck wrote:
Too often I try to show these whippersnappers the error of their ways.

Chuck wrote:
discussion of the Spirit-less direction towards which our youth (and the sport) are heading.

Chuck wrote:
Back in my day, everybody had spirit. This game is going to the birds. Get off my lawn. Ooh my back.

Seriously, Chuck, i've been playing for over 15 years and there's always someone that wants to talk about the decline of spirit. I'm still not seeing it. The last person on these boards that consistently made that point was Joy. Maybe you two could form a club to save the spirit of the game.
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Wed, 01.30.13 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SharpWill28 wrote:
Charles, I think you missed my point during our discussion. I do think that some of the high schoolers have weird calls sometimes. Just like I think other members of our group have some weird calls, just like I know I've made some weird calls in the past that I wish I could have back. I'm just saying that its silly for us to publicly berate them. I feel as I've gone from 17 to 21, my calls have gotten better, just as I hope when I'm 25 that I'll have an even better understanding of the rules than I do now.

I apologize if I've offended, my post was meant to be more joke than anything.

"just don't act like you think these kids are going to usher in a new era of excellence in the sport with their calls"

I don't know how I've ever given the impression that I think this, but then again I had to look up the work duplicitous so do I really know anything?

No

In defense of those griping about the highschoolers' bad calls and fragrant fouls, this is the first group of high schoolers I've seen a collective griping about. And there are comments concerning their spirit/lack of rules knowledge not posted on the boards. I can't recall anyone complaining about will and matt's crop of players or those in between. It's okay to admit to a foul, it happens. No one here, except maybe Boy of course, is good enough to get 100% clean d's every time they go for them. If someone is trying to explain a rule, listen. There will be a day when you are old and having to try and teach stubborn little kids the same rule and complain about how unspirited they are.

In defense of the high schoolers, I think the older people are getting their feathers ruffled b/c hey perceive the whipper snappers of not having any respect for their elders. You have to earn it, this isn't Asia. Chuck already said it, but consider your approach.

Let's all just take our egos down a couple notches...this is only league.

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
Chuck

PostPosted: Wed, 01.30.13 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify: my approach is the worst I've seen since a certain guy with an amphibian nickname threatened to fight me over a foul call. My story begins in nineteen-dickety-two. We had to say dickety because the Kaiser had stolen our word twenty. I chased that rascal to get him to take back his call, but gave up after dickety-six miles. Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Oh fiddlesticks; I misplaced my set of false teeth.

And who threw the cane at the cat??

Thanks for the inspiration, Jody. Been a while since I busted out ole Abe Simpson.

/s
My approach is pretty bad, and I don't blame the whippersnappers for ignoring me.
SharpWill28

PostPosted: Wed, 01.30.13 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
Let's all just take our egos down a couple notches...this is only league.

Have you met me? My ego can only grow, not shrink. It's a birth-defect/gift.
Elvin

PostPosted: Wed, 01.30.13 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SharpWill28 wrote:
I feel as I've gone from 17 to 21, my calls have gotten better, just as I hope when I'm 25 that I'll have an even better understanding of the rules than I do now.

Yeah..because that's a thing that happens.
Elvin

PostPosted: Wed, 01.30.13 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster (the lesser welch-bolen) (the lesser welch-bolen) wrote:
I would never approve of anyone referring to Evan's magnificence as "Consistently terrible posts, 2013."

That kid is killing it. Killing it.

I appreciate it, Nick. It's a little embarrassing though. I thought people stopped reading my posts around 2010.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: